Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#57180 - 02/05/07 08:33 AM K&N air intake question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi everyone,

Just bought and installed a K&N air intake for my X. Step #9 of the instructions read as follows:

"Remove vacuum line from bypass solenoid as shown. NOTE: It's the vacuum line that connects to the airbox lid."

I checked and re-checked and re-re-checked, and there is no vacuum line connected to the airbox lid on my X. So I have no place to connect the vacuum hose that comes from the intake tube on the K&N. It's just hanging loose. Any thoughts? Can I just cap that thing off and be done?

#57181 - 03/05/07 05:42 AM Re: K&N air intake question
Anonymous
Unregistered

The 2002 doesn't have this vacuum hose. Just plug the hole in the air box and your done.

#57182 - 03/05/07 12:51 PM Re: K&N air intake question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy Bob:
The 2002 doesn't have this vacuum hose. Just plug the hole in the air box and your done.
Thanks Billy Bob. That's what I thought, but K&N is trying to tell me that I have the wrong intake - that I have the one for the supercharged X - and that I need to send it back and get the other one. If the only difference is that vaccuum hose, and if I can fix it with a screw and a small hose clamp or ziptie, then why bother? Thanks again for your help!

#57183 - 03/05/07 12:53 PM Re: K&N air intake question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by rift:
Hi everyone,

Just bought and installed a K&N air intake for my X. Step #9 of the instructions read as follows:

"Remove vacuum line from bypass solenoid as shown. NOTE: It's the vacuum line that connects to the airbox lid."

I checked and re-checked and re-re-checked, and there is no vacuum line connected to the airbox lid on my X. So I have no place to connect the vacuum hose that comes from the intake tube on the K&N. It's just hanging loose. Any thoughts? Can I just cap that thing off and be done?
By the way, my X sounds really cool with this intake on it. Sounds good and growly now. And yes, you can tell the difference in responsiveness. Well worth the money.

#57184 - 04/05/07 11:39 AM Re: K&N air intake question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rift if you don't already have one you might also get a cat-back system. You'll find that also helps.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal