Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#57240 - 31/10/02 01:21 PM Yakima Basketcase / Safari Rack
Admiral_Xterror Offline

After getting cut off by Colorado Cycle on that great price for the load warrior I was looking at the basket case. I've searched the threads, and I can't find any discussion of this. Does anyone know if the light brackets for the loadwarrior will work on the safari basket? I really didn't need the size of the warrior but the price was too good, but to add a set of lights on the basket would be a good solution for me. Thanks.

#57241 - 31/10/02 01:39 PM Re: Yakima Basketcase / Safari Rack
Harrison Offline

Loc: Fort Worth/ Lubbock, Texas
They are price high for just mounts. You can find then at www.xterraparts.com I used CB Mounts from Radio Shack they work just fine. They were like $8 each. Haven't had any problems.

Harrison

#57242 - 31/10/02 02:07 PM Re: Yakima Basketcase / Safari Rack
Admiral_Xterror Offline

Harrison, is that the basket case on your X? Your post was kinda vague so excuse my ignorant question.

#57243 - 31/10/02 02:37 PM Re: Yakima Basketcase / Safari Rack
puffdc Offline

Loc: NOR CAL
Quote:
Originally posted by Admiral_Xterror:
Harrison, is that the basket case on your X? Your post was kinda vague so excuse my ignorant question.
that my friend is the load warrior... the basket case is about 1/2 the size & doesnt carry much...

#57244 - 31/10/02 02:54 PM Re: Yakima Basketcase / Safari Rack
Admiral_Xterror Offline

Puff, thanks, but i have yet to get an answer to my question. LOL

#57245 - 31/10/02 03:18 PM Re: Yakima Basketcase / Safari Rack
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
I doubt the load warrior brackets will fit a basketcase. The basketcase is pretty simple. I suggest going to your local hardware store and custom building something to mount your lights.

It shouldn't be hard and it should be pretty inexpensive. (couple of "l" brackets mounted to the existing basketcase loops and you are done.)

I haven't actually tried it, but i "think" it can be done pretty easily - and it should be solid enough to hold on lights.

Not that long ago, I had two sets of Yakima crossbars and two bike racks mounted to my basketcase. This set-up worked with bikes, and since bikes weigh alot more than lights, I would guess that it should support lights much better.

Note: The weight of the bike with the rack in this arrangement caused alot of vibration on the rack and I have since taken it down - for safety reasons.

Here is a picture: (hard to make out the details but it should get the idea across)

#57246 - 31/10/02 03:43 PM Re: Yakima Basketcase / Safari Rack
Harrison Offline

Loc: Fort Worth/ Lubbock, Texas
its the load warrior

Harrison

#57247 - 05/11/02 12:13 PM Re: Yakima Basketcase / Safari Rack
Admiral_Xterror Offline

Thanks for all the help folks. Got my basket installed last night and it looks great. I appreciate all the info and opinions [Wave]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal