2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#572495 - 23/04/03 12:00 PM Re: 2wd lifted X
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Quote:
Originally posted by DKX01:
I wasn't trying to talk smack about 4x2's. I just figured that if a person had the intent of taking thier vehicle offroad when they initially signed the documents, they would start out with a 4x4...that's all I'm sayin'. I've been enlightened.
( re-post from a post I made a while ago back when we had REAL 4x vs 2wd arguments )

I think that this has a great deal with peer pressure. The good kind. I have to confess that I bought it because I wanted an Suv and the recomendations pointed me towards the X. I did all the research and bought the truck I wanted at a price I thought was right and got what I wanted. I'd never had the intention of doing anything with my truck other than hauling the fandamily arround and taking it on surf trips ect.

Then I came here. DAMNIT! Like others I saw pictures and heard stories and I wanted to have some experiences of my own . I wanted to make my own fun. So here I am. I've allready put way more in mods to make it the truck I want and I'm pretty sure I'm just getting started. I think that this is more the rule than the exception. I didn't know what it could do until I saw evidence of it here.

When I bought my X it fit every need I had . It just so happens that I am now doing more with my truck than I would have imagined.

#572496 - 23/04/03 12:28 PM Re: 2wd lifted X
DKX01 Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA
Amen! When I got mine, I thought the stock machine would be everything I wanted (Like the commercial- "Everyhting you need, nothing you don't")....Then I got on the web, met some guys, and started having my own adventures in the dirt.....that's all it took for the "mod bug" to bite. Now the aftermarket guys are starting to get worried if I don't call once a month [LOL]

DKX01

#572497 - 05/05/03 01:29 PM Re: 2wd lifted X
Jackel Offline

Loc: Glendale, AZ, USA
Anyone remember some dumb a** hole name Jackel that used to take his 2WD X places no other 2WD would even dare. I no longer have our X. But with all the 2WD talk now about fire trails and such it makes me want to get another 2WD and start proving once again what the 2WD can do.

Todrick got your email but I think you gave us the wrong # I tried to call it and it was disconnected. email or PM me.

#572498 - 05/05/03 02:30 PM Re: 2wd lifted X
Aero Steve Offline

Loc: Land of OZ - Home of the Jayha...
While at Moab I sheared the bolts holding on my locking hubs, so I had no front drivetrain. Rather than get it fixed for the last day of trails, me and another guy took the scenic tour through Arches. We could resist and took off down a mild 4x4 trail. He had a hard time keeping up with my lifted and locked "4x2" in his stock height, open diff 4x4. Driver skill does affect how much you can do, but mods will always help.

#572499 - 05/05/03 08:57 PM Re: 2wd lifted X
Craigs_Tonka Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Jackel:
Anyone remember some dumb a** hole name Jackel that used to take his 2WD X places no other 2WD would even dare.
Yeah, I used to know that dickhead! wink And yes, he did some remarkeable stuff in that truck.

Congratulations by the way, how's married life treating you?

You COULD call me once in a while you know.

Take care of you and the family.

#572500 - 05/05/03 11:55 PM Re: 2wd lifted X
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
blast from the past... Jackel gonna have to come out with AZXC and do a run for old times sake... That is if i can convince the wife that its ok to let him drive my 4x2 laugh

#572501 - 21/05/03 10:04 AM Re: 2wd lifted X
jason31480 Offline

Loc: Louisville, KY
Well, I bought my X in Palm Beach Nissan, FL. That time I was looking for a 4X4, but the damn dealer didn't have one. The lot had about 10 Xterras, but none of them was 4WD.
so anyway, I am with my 2WD X, but I still love it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal