shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#573093 - 01/06/10 07:10 PM SAS trackbar repair
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
I've kept a close eye on my trackbar since installing the Calmini SAS kit and it started to crack after this year's AZ run.

Some pics of the problem and the fix:

#573099 - 02/06/10 08:57 AM Re: SAS trackbar repair [Re: Kaiser]
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
I did a similar fix after the reports of several people with the Calmini SAS kit having total failures at that point.

Where did you get your longer bolt that has the shoulder so that the threads don't get fubared by the heim joint? I have mine made by a local machine shop.

#573106 - 02/06/10 07:03 PM Re: SAS trackbar repair [Re: XOC]
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
It's a full thread bolt. I figure it doesn't matter if the threads get smashed a bit (unless it creates slop that causes a problem) - the first piece of metal it goes through isn't tapped.

I drilled the safety wire hole myself and I got a heim safety washer from ballistic fab (though I had to grind it down a bit - it was thicker than the other safety washers we'd designed the distance around.)

Oh - for anyone else that needs the info, the stock bolt is a 3/4" 16TPI 1.75" long grade 8. I'm using a 2" now.

#573111 - 02/06/10 09:16 PM Re: SAS trackbar repair [Re: Kaiser]
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
You will want to get a bolt with a shoulder and no threads. You will get slop in there without it.

Been there.. done that.

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal