Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#577710 - 24/06/06 06:09 AM X XE and E
Anonymous
Unregistered

So, what do these letters have in common? Found a 2003 Xterra XE on EBAY. Drove to Brentwood, TN yesterday to pick it up. Great car (truck?). Only 46000 miles, 4wd. My wife is glad that I am through looking on EBAY. My daughter loves the Blue color. I like the style. Can't wait til next winter to head out west to go snow boarding. No snow in Alabama ;-(

What do you think a fair price would have been for this X?

It's going to take a little getting used to seeing an "X" refer to a car and not my laptop.

BTW, do I need any cool (not tasteless or trashy) decals on the car? Where would you put them?

Thanks

Tanukidad47 in Alabama

#577711 - 24/06/06 06:20 AM Re: X XE and E
Anonymous
Unregistered

welcome to XOC [Wave]

as for the decals, most people put them on to suport the compaines for there aftermarket accessories(ex.- calmini, shrockworks, BFG, etc) and then some have the if you can read this roll me over from the jeeps. there is a whole big "show us your stickers" thread down in the picture section. just look around an you'll get tons of ideas.

#577712 - 24/06/06 10:44 AM Re: X XE and E
Anonymous
Unregistered

I still love the

X>H3

I think that one is a cool sticker idea.

As far as apperance, if its going to see offroad please, please rip off the stupid aluminum running boards. Thats the first thing to serperate yourself from the masses of mall crawlers.

Welcome!

#577713 - 24/06/06 11:34 AM Re: X XE and E
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great advice!

#577714 - 24/06/06 07:33 PM Re: X XE and E
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would hope you didn't pay more than $13k. I have mine for sale at $14k and it's an "SE"... still in new condition. BTW, you might want to delete your post in the Buy/Sell forum. Replying is disabled in that forum.

#577715 - 24/06/06 08:11 PM Re: X XE and E
Xorand Offline

Loc: LA (Lower Alabama)
Hmmm. An '03. It's a 4x4, low miles. I'd probably give it a fair price of about $13-15k, max. The 4x4 gives it a better resale value (about $1.5k, depending on your locale). By the way, where in Alabama are you? I'm near Montgomery.

Oh, and buying a Just Blue truck automatically raises the resale value in my mind. Of course, I'm a little opinionated in that respect. smile

Regarding the sticker issue - take your pick:

#577716 - 24/06/06 09:57 PM Re: X XE and E
Anonymous
Unregistered

oops. sorry about posting in the wrong forum. I reposted in the Noobs(?) forum.

We are here in Bham. My wife is from UCLA - upper corner of lower Alabama.

BTW, having looked all over for an Xterra, the 13,999 SE above looks like a good deal. The low mileage ones on EBAY aren't selling right now because of their high reserve price or Buy it Now price. The one I bought off EBAY actually was taken off the auction after it did not sell. Several weeks later I contacted the owner and he lowered his price by $1600.

Thanks for all the great advice.

#577717 - 24/06/06 11:29 PM Re: X XE and E
Anonymous
Unregistered

So you think I would have some luck if I listed it on eBay?

#577718 - 25/06/06 06:53 AM Re: X XE and E
Anonymous
Unregistered

I do think that you might be able to sell your X on EBAY. There are only about 65 of them right now. Take a look at the completed auctions to see what is selling and how much was paid. You need a good feedback rating and need to have your X officially inspected to attract buyers. Good, extensive pictures, detailed description and total honesty needed, too. One owner cars are easier to sell, non smoking, good records. Consider setting a low reserve price and make it known that it is "lOW".

In my case, the owner was paying on a loan and wanted to at least sell his X for the balance of the loan. I wanted to help out but..... I had a budget to follow. Ended up paying about $500 less than the loan balance. Both of us are happy.

FYI, there is a manual 2002, 42000 miles, 4wd silver XE in Houston up for sell. Buy it now price is $13480. It's on a dealer's lot and I know that if someone wanted to buy it for a little less (via a phone call) he would consider the offer. BTW, there's about $200 - 250 extra you have to pay for detailing and paper work, which would be a good selling point for you. This X has been on the auction at least twice and hasn't sold yet. Most bidders are wanting something in the $10-12000 range. The biggest problem that I see is that the sellers and the buyers are being a little unrealistic on EBAY. One seller told me that EBAY was just another form of advertising for his dealership).

Hope this will help you.

Tanukidad47

#577719 - 25/06/06 11:45 AM Re: X XE and E
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks. Yeah, that's how eBay goes. Sellers want what it's worth and buyers are looking for a "steal". I might give eBay a try. If an XE's are going for that much, I should be able to get a lot of traffic if anything else. smile

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal