Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#577767 - 04/02/08 06:47 AM noob from VA
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey all, I'm a college student and I just got a 00 xterra 4x4 auto v6 73,000 with 18's that the last owner put on. I go to school in Danville, about 3 hours away from Williamsburg where my parents live. I had a 00 rodeo lse 4x4 129k and a 99 honda passport 4x4 89k that I just sold that never gave me any trouble so hopefully the new X is gonna be great also! I will use it to go back and forth from home to college and soccer and work and stuff. I love going on the beach and trails in the woods and camping out, not into all those lifts and 33" tires, just like something that's light and nimble offroad compared to a grand cherokee or tahoe or something. basically everything i need, nothing i dont...

Here are some pics:

Probably will put up for sale soon, because I want a supercharged one!!

Anything I should check or look for?? any common problems with the early xterras?
I'm worried about the durability of the brush guard and the cracked manifold problems..
also, anyone have the window vent guards for free/sale?

THANKS!!!!

#577768 - 04/02/08 07:19 AM Re: noob from VA
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
You're still short of the timing belt and water pump change mileage, but I'd go ahead and do them ASAP just based on the age. If the timing belt fails you're hosed.

Welcome aboard
[Wave]

#577769 - 04/02/08 07:48 AM Re: noob from VA
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome [Wave]

X2 on what Kaiser said.

Enjoy your X!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal