2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#585697 - 26/09/05 07:20 PM Should I still be worried?
Anonymous
Unregistered

What's up? This is my first post and my first time here at the "xterra owners club." I was lookig for a winter suv (so I didn't have to switch wheels on my jetta this season), and fell in love with the xterra... actually, I have always secretly lusted the xterra when they first came out but - ssshhhh, don't tell VW! (hahaha - yeh, I know I'm korny, but whatever... deal with it). Anyways, today I put a deposit down on a used XTERRA - A 2000 4WD,6 CYLINDER... AZTEC RED I will be buying this in full by the end of the week for a grand total of $11,820 (taxes and whatnot are included) - I am also buying it with roughly 82,900 something miles on it.... so, I guess my question to the rest of you xterra-enthusiasts would be....... have I made a mistake??? Should I have taken a look at the Jeep Laredo????? The used-car dealership is including a mo./1,000 mile warranty.... ooooh, and has anyone else out there with the AZTEC RED XTERRA

#585698 - 26/09/05 07:26 PM Re: Should I still be worried?
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Jettavyxn02:
...have I made a mistake??? Should I have taken a look at the Jeep Laredo?????...
Nahhh...Just enjoy it, man...you will fall in Love with your X in no time...

P.S. - You may want to delete those other Posts that you Posted (Before the X MODS get on ya)...Just have one Post with ALL your Questions...Just go into the Edit Box in the other Posts and check The DELETE Box, and then Press Edit....

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#585699 - 26/09/05 07:28 PM Re: Should I still be worried?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Rickster43:
Quote:
[b]...have I made a mistake??? Should I have taken a look at the Jeep Laredo?????...
Nahhh...Just enjoy it, man...you will fall in Love with your X in no time...[/b]
like he said...good move, your gonna love it...and welcome [Wave]

#585700 - 26/09/05 07:44 PM Re: Should I still be worried?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think you have made a good choice.

Welcome to the forum. [Wave]

#585701 - 26/09/05 07:58 PM Re: Should I still be worried?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My first post here too...been lurking for a few weeks now.

Traded my 1997 Chevy full size pickup for an Aztec Red 2000 Xterra bit more than 3 weeks ago. Paid like $11,200 for a 2000 SE, automatic, 4x4 with 69,000 on it.

LOVE IT!!!!! Hope top enloy it for years to come and so far am up to 71,000.

#585702 - 26/09/05 10:53 PM Re: Should I still be worried?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by srpage:
I think you have made a good choice.

Welcome to the forum. [Wave]
LOL - of course, this is coming from an Accountant! Thanks !!!

#585703 - 26/09/05 10:55 PM Re: Should I still be worried?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by XterraBiker:
Paid like $11,200 for a 2000 SE, automatic, 4x4 with 69,000 on it.

LOVE IT!!!!! Hope top enloy it for years to come and so far am up to 71,000.[/QB]
----
11,200? damn, taxes included??? amazing....

#585704 - 27/09/05 04:55 AM Re: Should I still be worried?
Anonymous
Unregistered

welcome, dig around the threads meet up with the locals but mostly remember they always look better with a little bit of mud.

#585705 - 27/09/05 05:26 AM Re: Should I still be worried?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Welcome

[Wave]

If you got it for snow - I suggest you look at the tires...if it has the OEM General Tires on it...they suck...

You can throw on a set of BFG AT ko's, Bridgestone Revo's, or Michelin Cross Terrains, and get amazing snow traction...the list goes proportionally from most aggressive to least aggressive, and proportionally, towards best handling at the opposite end of aggressive (Can't have everything)

laugh

275/70/16 is a good size to upgrade to for the 2000.

If, as long as you have an X, you want to go offroad, you could hook up with UNYX (Upper NY Xterra's)..they have a section in the Forums Local Clubs listings...good bunch.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#585706 - 27/09/05 07:00 AM Re: Should I still be worried?
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
I had a 2000 XE Aztec Red. Decided I needed 4X4 so traded on my Super Black. At the time I just did not want the same color in the 2001. Now I wish I had stayed with red frown as it was still available.

Enjoy... you will love it!

#585707 - 27/09/05 07:11 AM Re: Should I still be worried?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by XterraBiker:
Paid like $11,200 for a 2000 SE, automatic, 4x4 with 69,000 on it.

LOVE IT!!!!! Hope top enloy it for years to come and so far am up to 71,000.
----
11,200? damn, taxes included??? amazing....[/QB]
It was a weird deal. I originally stopped at the dealership to look at a) the used Jeep Wrangler they had and b) a used Jeep Liberty. Little did I know that 3 cars before the Liberty was a the red Nissan Xterra, a vehicle I'd fogotten even exhisted and would fit my wants/needs way better than either Jeep would ever dream of.

X was listed for like $16,500, marked down to $13,500 and I got them down to an even $12,000 because of blue book values I'd seen what I wanted to spend.

After all that, when it came time to finalize financing there was a difference between what the banks would pay, what I would pay, etc. and I literlly said nope and walked away from the deal with them asking me to pay $750 with and some various title fees for $50 more. Made it outside the dealership office to grab my stuff out of the X and put it back in my truck and the Manager ran outside and said we will drop the price down to make it happen, $11,200 with a full tank of gas.

So I'm a happy boy! Should have a long and happy life with the X by my side. smile

#585708 - 27/09/05 07:39 AM Re: Should I still be worried?
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
There are a few things you should check while it is still being warrantied... just common problems that have popped up (others help me here in case I forget anything):

1) Exhaust manifolds - these tend to crack
2) Rear main seal - lots of trucks have had leaking problems
3) There was a big problem with the window regulators breaking in the later years - but I don't think it was really a big issue with the '00. Mine are slow to go up and down but still work after 5 years
4) Fuel sending unit corrosion (this is a recall item that should have been taken care of)

Ummm - that's all I can think of off the top of my head - the exhaust manifolds and the main seal leaks are the big ones.

Now - all you need to do is catch up to the rest of us:

#585709 - 27/09/05 08:15 AM Re: Should I still be worried?
Anonymous
Unregistered

2000 SE, automatic, 4x4 with 110,546.. only problems to date was 1 cracked Exhaust manifold, high side AC line leaked after they changed the belts, hoses & water pump at 105k, and the seat belt button on the drivers side has faild and been replaced 2 times (warranty for both).
with the 2000 mud flaps, you can only fit 30" tires without trimming. put on the 2002 front flaps, 31" fit fine. you can make anything fit with trimming.
I doubt you have the stock tires, but the dealer likely put on the cheapest things they could find, just to sell it. The SE's should have the 15" alloys. Last 2 years I ran 31x10.5x15 BFG AT's & they were great in the snow. depending how deep it gets there, a pml may help, get the frame & fuel tank (pontoon in snow) a little higher. You can run 4wd anytime your wheel is centered. the farther you turn from center, the more binding you are putting in the drivetrain. Don't even think about parking in a lot in 4wd, unless you are slipping in 2wd. All 4wd does is put power to all 4 tires, it does nothing for braking, as you have 4 wheel brakes all the time. keep this in mind when the roads are snow/ice covered.

#585710 - 27/09/05 08:41 AM Re: Should I still be worried?
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Xtopher:
...a pml may help...
pml = poor man's lift = 1-1.5" of lift by tightening up the torsion bars (lifts front suspension) and adding longer shackles (lifts rear suspension)

#585711 - 27/09/05 09:10 AM Re: Should I still be worried?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser:
Quote:
Originally posted by Xtopher:
[b]...a pml may help...
pml = poor man's lift = 1-1.5" of lift by tightening up the torsion bars (lifts front suspension) and adding longer shackles (lifts rear suspension)[/b]
my pm[w]l gave me a 2 inch lift up front and 2.5 in the rear.. all depends on the truck i guess.

good buy, and welcome to the club [Wave]
my 00 has given me 1 problem- and that was a cracked exhaust manifold.. which was covered under the extended warranty.. meh, all around, its been an awesome truck!! smile smile

#585712 - 27/09/05 09:32 AM Re: Should I still be worried?
Anonymous
Unregistered

i got my 01 4x2 se v6 with 36,000 miles and a 100,000 mile warranty for 14,000 out the door. How is that deal.

#585713 - 27/09/05 09:35 AM Re: Should I still be worried?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[ThumbsUp] Aztec Red [ThumbsUp]

It wasn't my color of choice at the time, but I've been diggin it ever since.

No regrets buddy..it should be far more reliable than a Laredo.

#585714 - 27/09/05 05:35 PM Re: Should I still be worried?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser:
[QB]There are a few things you should check while it is still being warrantied... just common problems that have popped up (others help me here in case I forget anything)- the exhaust manifolds and the main seal leaks are the big ones.

Now - all you need to do is catch up to the rest of us
/QB]
--- Thanks for to info... I'll be sure to add that to the list of never ending questions that have probably dubbed me as a 'pain-in-the-ass' to the dealer now..hehehe...what can i say? that's how I role.
Oh, and don't worry, I hope to catch up to the rest of you soon!!!!!!! Just waiting for the snow... LOL

#585715 - 27/09/05 05:50 PM Re: Should I still be worried?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good choice...I also have a 2000! your gonna love it.

#585716 - 27/09/05 06:39 PM Re: Should I still be worried?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree. I have a 2000 and love it and have had almost no problems. It's been my best vehicle ever. laugh

#585717 - 27/09/05 07:47 PM Re: Should I still be worried?
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
From what I've seen/heard...Jeep and VW are crrrrrrap! Dump the VW Feta and mod the X!! [Wave]

#585718 - 27/09/05 10:01 PM Re: Should I still be worried?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
From what I've seen/heard...Jeep and VW are crrrrrrap! Dump the VW Feta and mod the X!! [Wave]
[ThumbsUp]

#585719 - 28/09/05 08:14 AM Re: Should I still be worried?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jettavyxn02,welcome to the world of Xterra yeah!!! i just bought a 2001 2wd freakin love it. I should of bought one years ago all i want to do is go off road.I took it out the other day went shooting and wheelin i was impressed i went up and threw things i probably shouldn't have but it was a blast i ran into a county sheriff on state land and he was in a bronco i was keeping up with him he was in 4WD.it was great!!!! have fun

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal