2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#592340 - 07/07/07 03:37 PM Re: New Transformers Movie
Anonymous
Unregistered

Saw the movie last night and I was blown away. I could not take my eyes off the screen for a second. They only thing I didn't like was the hand to hand combat between the robots. It was tough to see what was going on. Fantastic movie!

#592341 - 07/07/07 04:08 PM Re: New Transformers Movie
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Did anyone else think that Optimus was kind of an asshole in the movie? Other than stabbing bonecrusher in the head, he was an ass to Spike while at the parents house, he was kind of an ass about leaving bumblebee to the humans, and he oddly showed up only after a bunch of fighting had already occurred...

#592342 - 07/07/07 08:19 PM Re: New Transformers Movie
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
just saw the movie again laugh

#592343 - 07/07/07 08:22 PM Re: New Transformers Movie
mineralblue Offline

Failed Transformers Casting Audition Tapes...

http://www.universalpictures.nl/bioscoop/data/trans/auditie.html

chuckle chuckle...

#592344 - 07/07/07 10:00 PM Re: New Transformers Movie
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Just dropping by to say that we are going to see it next weekend. We just got back from our trip and I was catching up on this thread until I got to page 9 where KJ said "spoiler alert". I immediately clicked "back" a page and hit reply just to say that I won't be reading this thread anymore until after I see it. laugh

#592345 - 07/07/07 11:56 PM Re: New Transformers Movie
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
Here's a review a friend of mine made on another forum.

"OK, I just got back from seeing this movie....

I was not impressed, and I take back taking back all the mean things I said in the original thread.

It was EXACTLY what I feared it would be- an overblown summer blockbuster special FX extravaganza. Formulaic, paint-by-numbers plot that begs the hi-tech action scenes to carry it on its back the entire movie. The robots may have been the best 3D CGI that Hollywood can buy, but all the characters might as well have been cardboard cut-outs. And although this movie was meant for kids, (that weren't even born when the original Transformers movie hit the big screen, by the way), I felt several IQ points slip away during most of the verbal exchanges that happened in this flick.

Even the action scenes weren't all that great. Sure, the skill and artistry that went into the robots beating on each other was a colossal computer marvel that I appreciated. And the vehicle/robot design was pretty impressive. But it all seemed so overdone that most of the movement was blurred beyond recognition when the fists started flying. Even on the IMAX screen, which was designed specifically to capture all that movement in its giant granduer. And seriously, whats so different about the CGI used in this movie that's so much greater than the CGI used in, say.... Godzilla???

Maybe I reminisce too much about the childhood wonder that befell me when I got my first Transformer toy, (Cliffjumper). Maybe I've just lost touch with the youth of today. Maybe I've just gotten bitter in my old age.

Or maybe this movie just plain sucks.

I should've just bought the toy and video game tie-in merchandise and saved myself the three and a half hours I spent waiting for the movie to end.

And that, dear reader, is how you write a movie review."

#592346 - 08/07/07 12:28 AM Re: New Transformers Movie
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
Did anyone else think that Optimus was kind of an asshole in the movie? Other than stabbing bonecrusher in the head, he was an ass to Spike while at the parents house, he was kind of an ass about leaving bumblebee to the humans, and he oddly showed up only after a bunch of fighting had already occurred...
I thought that too. He seemed oddly impatient at Sam's House and pretty weak at his inability to save Bumblebee from being captured and from saving Sam and Megan Fox from falling off his shoulder. Other than totally Pwning Bonecrusher - he didn't do much - heck - he didn't even defeat Megatron - Megatron pretty much beat Prime into submission to the point where prime was ready to give up and sacrifice himself. Definely not the fatherly leader Optimus Prime that we all knew and loved from the 1980's.

Question - Does beheading a transformer kill them? It worked on Bonecrusher but it didn't work on Frenzy.

#592347 - 08/07/07 07:29 AM Re: New Transformers Movie
BigE515 Offline

#592348 - 08/07/07 08:30 AM Re: New Transformers Movie
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:
[QUOTE]Other than totally Pwning Bonecrusher - he didn't do much - heck - he didn't even defeat Megatron - Megatron pretty much beat Prime into submission to the point where prime was ready to give up and sacrifice himself. Definely not the fatherly leader Optimus Prime that we all knew and loved from the 1980's.
Actually... come to think of it... Prime always got his ass beat... even in the old movie. :p laugh (even if it was that damn Hot Rod's fault).

#592349 - 08/07/07 09:36 AM Re: New Transformers Movie
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Quote:
[b]Did anyone else think that Optimus was kind of an asshole in the movie? Other than stabbing bonecrusher in the head, he was an ass to Spike while at the parents house, he was kind of an ass about leaving bumblebee to the humans, and he oddly showed up only after a bunch of fighting had already occurred...
I thought that too. He seemed oddly impatient at Sam's House and pretty weak at his inability to save Bumblebee from being captured and from saving Sam and Megan Fox from falling off his shoulder. Other than totally Pwning Bonecrusher - he didn't do much - heck - he didn't even defeat Megatron - Megatron pretty much beat Prime into submission to the point where prime was ready to give up and sacrifice himself. Definely not the fatherly leader Optimus Prime that we all knew and loved from the 1980's.

Question - Does beheading a transformer kill them? It worked on Bonecrusher but it didn't work on Frenzy.[/b]
I think frenzy is a different kind of robot then the rest of them.

#592350 - 08/07/07 08:19 PM Re: New Transformers Movie
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
I'm not reading the first 11 pages but just wanted to say I saw this movie tonight and I was exhausted afterwards. I think it drained all the energy out of me!

And I was very happy to see John Turturro!

#592351 - 08/07/07 08:20 PM Re: New Transformers Movie
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:
I'm not reading the first 11 pages but just wanted to say I saw this movie tonight and I was exhausted afterwards. I think it drained all the energy out of me!

And I was very happy to see John Turturro getting pissed on by bumblebee!
Fixed

#592352 - 08/07/07 09:12 PM Re: New Transformers Movie
BigE515 Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b][QUOTE]Other than totally Pwning Bonecrusher - he didn't do much - heck - he didn't even defeat Megatron - Megatron pretty much beat Prime into submission to the point where prime was ready to give up and sacrifice himself. Definely not the fatherly leader Optimus Prime that we all knew and loved from the 1980's.
Actually... come to think of it... Prime always got his ass beat... even in the old movie. :p laugh (even if it was that damn Hot Rod's fault).[/b]
Doesn't the story go as-the Decpeticons were soldiers and the Autobots were scientists originally?

#592353 - 08/07/07 09:31 PM Re: New Transformers Movie
BigE515 Offline

Take it back to the old school- LINK

#592354 - 09/07/07 01:01 AM Re: New Transformers Movie
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b][QUOTE]Other than totally Pwning Bonecrusher - he didn't do much - heck - he didn't even defeat Megatron - Megatron pretty much beat Prime into submission to the point where prime was ready to give up and sacrifice himself. Definely not the fatherly leader Optimus Prime that we all knew and loved from the 1980's.
Actually... come to think of it... Prime always got his ass beat... even in the old movie. :p laugh (even if it was that damn Hot Rod's fault).[/b]
Doesn't the story go as-the Decpeticons were soldiers and the Autobots were scientists originally?[/b]
close.

The decepticons were the warrior class and the autobots were the blue collar working class.

#592355 - 09/07/07 05:24 AM Re: New Transformers Movie
NuDan Offline

Loc: Not Here
Being the HUGE nerd that I am (I think they call it Geek Cheek now) I was at the special Monday screening with alot of people who, to my wife's very large surprise, we're even more fanatical than me. There's lots of action and it doesn't take itself too seriously (as seriously as a movie containing a tractor-trailer that converts into a 30 foot robot should anyway), but the story is very true to the original cartoon series from the eighties...minor variation to the Energon Cubes thingy, all in all I loved it...And for some reason I'm thinking of buying a Saleen

Makes me REALLY miss my X

#592356 - 13/07/07 07:10 AM Re: New Transformers Movie
BigE515 Offline

Make your Xterra a Transformer?
LINK
$41,000??? :rolleyes:

#592357 - 15/07/07 08:36 AM Re: New Transformers Movie
Anonymous
Unregistered

Finally saw it yesterday, and all I can say is that Michael Bay has done it again. Poor direction, poor acting, flabby script, lame jokes, etc., etc., etc.

Good special effects, though, and Optimus Prime did look cool.

One other thing...

Goddamn... [Smoking]

#592358 - 15/07/07 11:13 AM Re: New Transformers Movie
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
Make your Xterra a Transformer?
LINK
$41,000??? :rolleyes:
Small version or building size version?

#592359 - 15/07/07 12:58 PM Re: New Transformers Movie
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:

One other thing...

Goddamn... [Smoking]
Yup...

Brian Austin Green is one lucky SOB.

#592360 - 15/07/07 05:24 PM Re: New Transformers Movie
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
So I finally was able to check the movie this morning (a pregnant wife's schedule revolves around pee breaks and morning sickness...but she felt great this am so the green light was given) and it was far better than we both thought for!!!!!

It is what I love about going to the movies....sit down, relax, and let reality escape you for a couple of hours....cant wait for part two!!!!

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#592361 - 15/07/07 07:28 PM Re: New Transformers Movie
Anonymous
Unregistered

went and saw it for the second time this evening laugh still as awesome as the first time.

#592362 - 15/07/07 08:36 PM Re: New Transformers Movie
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
X2 on that one!!!! I would love to see the film again. I remember playing with my Transformers oh what 20 years ago and now they seem real to me...a big kids dream come true....now the next dream would be a 2009 Camaro sitting in my garage(Shivers)!!!!!

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#592363 - 16/07/07 12:58 AM Re: New Transformers Movie
Anonymous
Unregistered

best movie ever.

the end.

#592364 - 16/07/07 06:23 AM Re: New Transformers Movie
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah I went ans saw it again last night. Caught it on digital this time. MUCH BETTER!!! My wfie even wanted to see it again. Kicked ass.......

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal