2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#592365 - 16/07/07 07:36 AM Re: New Transformers Movie
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
So what I am seeing here is that pnwbeers just dispises micheal bay but still went and saw the movie. Of course he didnt say whether or not he liked it.

#592366 - 16/07/07 08:11 AM Re: New Transformers Movie
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Chia:
So what I am seeing here is that pnwbeers just dispises micheal bay but still went and saw the movie. Of course he didnt say whether or not he liked it.
It was worth seeing, and though a pretty poor movie, it did bring up some happy childhood memories (I loved the Transformers cartoon and especially Optimus Prime when I was a kid).

I don't think Bay has ever made what I'd call a "good" movie, other than maybe The Island. Though I could be just saying that because Scarlett Johansson was in it, as she's a major hottie (way hotter than the chick in Transformers, imo).

ETD - "The Rock" was also pretty good.

#592367 - 16/07/07 11:02 AM Re: New Transformers Movie
Anonymous
Unregistered

#592368 - 16/07/07 03:07 PM Re: New Transformers Movie
Anonymous
Unregistered

#592369 - 20/07/07 06:49 AM Re: New Transformers Movie
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2007-07-18-Transformers_N.htm

Vote for your favorite 'Transformers' character

The producers of the blockbuster live-action Transformers movie are putting together plans for a sequel, and they say fan input will weigh heavily on their choices."We want what the fans want," says producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura. "We'll listen and see if we can discern if what makes sense and what kind of movie they would like to see." Vote for the character you would like to see in a Transformers sequel above, then tell us why in the comments box below.

#592370 - 20/07/07 06:58 AM Re: New Transformers Movie
Anonymous
Unregistered

Grimlock. [ThumbsUp]

#592371 - 20/07/07 08:00 AM Re: New Transformers Movie
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Jetfire was a blatant ripoff of robotech so he's out. Either Mirage or Grimlock.. Grimlock was bad ass...

#592372 - 20/07/07 08:53 AM Re: New Transformers Movie
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Devastator! I think I said that towards the beginning of the thread. I want to see these big robots combine to form an even bigger one! One problem... they already used the name Devastator so how will that work? [Freak]

#592373 - 20/07/07 09:02 AM Re: New Transformers Movie
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Soundwave, I'm sure Apple would kick in some money to have him transform into a Ipod. laugh

#592374 - 20/07/07 09:21 AM Re: New Transformers Movie
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Devastator! I think I said that towards the beginning of the thread. I want to see these big robots combine to form an even bigger one! One problem... they already used the name Devastator so how will that work? [Freak]
lame how Hasbro and the movie studio missed out on that error... they have all the toys labeled as "Brawl" but the movie
definitely calls the tank "Devastator" (even though it was pretty much relegated to a subtitle for Decepticonese... lame...

I guess when the DVD is released, they'll correct the subtitle and rename the tank, Brawl to conform with all the Hasbro movie marketing...

#592375 - 20/07/07 09:25 AM Re: New Transformers Movie
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
Soundwave, I'm sure Apple would kick in some money to have him transform into a Ipod. laugh
Soundwave would be totally lame if he were only 3 feet tall and looked like Frenzy in the movie... if he gets reinvented in the sequel, I can see him coming back as something totally different... being the communications/reconaissance guru, and seeing as how many of the Decepticons chose military and police vehicles... he'd be good as maybe an AWACS plane , a submarine, or a stealth bomber...

#592376 - 20/07/07 02:26 PM Re: New Transformers Movie
Anonymous
Unregistered

A LETTER TO OPTIMUS PRIME FROM HIS GEICO AUTO INSURANCE AGENT.
Quote:
Dear Mr. Prime,

We have received your accident-claim reports for the month of June—they total 27. I regret to inform you that GEICO will not be able to reimburse you for any of those repairs. I feel that I have sent the same letter to you once a month for the last six months, and I am now sending it again.

Since becoming a GEICO customer in January of this year, you have reported 131 accidents, requesting reimbursement for repairs necessitated by each one. You have claimed not to be responsible in any of them, usually listing the cause of the accident as either "Sneak attack by Decepticons" or "Unavoidable damage caused by protecting freedom for all sentient beings."

The only repairs for which you were reimbursed were the replacement of a cracked fender and a headlight, required after a Mr. I. Ron Hide backed his van into your truck; these cost $1,286.63. Our own investigation concluded that you were not at fault and that Mr. Hide had been drinking prior to the accident. Though police were unable to test his blood-alcohol level—Mr. Hide claimed that it would be impossible for police to examine his blood-alcohol content with a Breathalyzer, because he "doesn't breathe"—under Washington-state law, refusal to take a Breathalyzer test is equivalent to returning a result above the legal level. (continued)

#592377 - 20/07/07 02:44 PM Re: New Transformers Movie
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
[b]A LETTER TO OPTIMUS PRIME FROM HIS GEICO AUTO INSURANCE AGENT.
Quote:
Dear Mr. Prime,

We have received your accident-claim reports for the month of June—they total 27. I regret to inform you that GEICO will not be able to reimburse you for any of those repairs. I feel that I have sent the same letter to you once a month for the last six months, and I am now sending it again.

Since becoming a GEICO customer in January of this year, you have reported 131 accidents, requesting reimbursement for repairs necessitated by each one. You have claimed not to be responsible in any of them, usually listing the cause of the accident as either "Sneak attack by Decepticons" or "Unavoidable damage caused by protecting freedom for all sentient beings."

The only repairs for which you were reimbursed were the replacement of a cracked fender and a headlight, required after a Mr. I. Ron Hide backed his van into your truck; these cost $1,286.63. Our own investigation concluded that you were not at fault and that Mr. Hide had been drinking prior to the accident. Though police were unable to test his blood-alcohol level—Mr. Hide claimed that it would be impossible for police to examine his blood-alcohol content with a Breathalyzer, because he "doesn't breathe"—under Washington-state law, refusal to take a Breathalyzer test is equivalent to returning a result above the legal level. (continued)
[/b]
[Laughing]

#592378 - 20/07/07 09:16 PM Re: New Transformers Movie
BigE515 Offline

I. Ron Hide must have been playing this drinking game.... LINK [drink]

#592379 - 21/07/07 04:14 AM Re: New Transformers Movie
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Saw it yesterday with my son. G R E A T!!!!

#592380 - 21/07/07 09:31 AM Re: New Transformers Movie
Axle Offline

Loc: Fort Carson, CO
Full version.

A LETTER TO
OPTIMUS PRIME
FROM HIS GEICO
AUTO INSURANCE
AGENT.
BY JOHN FRANK WEAVER
- - - -

Dear Mr. Prime,

The only repairs for which you were reimbursed were the replacement of a cracked fender and a headlight, required after a Mr. I. Ron Hide backed his van into your truck; these cost $1,286.63. Our own investigation concluded that you were not at fault and that Mr. Hide had been drinking prior to the accident. Though police were unable to test his blood-alcohol level—Mr. Hide claimed that it would be impossible for police to examine his blood-alcohol content with a Breathalyzer, because he "doesn't breathe"—under Washington-state law, refusal to take a Breathalyzer test is equivalent to returning a result above the legal level.

But, I repeat, those were the only repairs for which you have been reimbursed, and it was a very minor accident in comparison to your other claims. I mention a few to illustrate the larger trend:

$379,431.34 requested reimbursement for repairs to your truck cabin. You claimed the damage was caused by attacking fighter jets.
$665,789.11 requested reimbursement for repairs to your trailer. You claimed the damage was caused by a giant mechanical scorpion, which I can only assume is some amusement-park ride, although I question the wisdom of bringing your mobile home so close to such dangerous equipment.
$6,564,239.44 requested reimbursement for repairs to a truck part called the "Autobot Matrix of Leadership." You stated this occurred in "an ultimate confrontation between good and evil," with a Ms. Meg Atron and a Mr. U. Nicron causing the damage in question. Mr. Prime, I have checked every known car- and truck-part catalog published in the United States and have found nothing even resembling that part, never mind any part so expensive. Whatever disagreements you had with Ms. Atron and Mr. Nicron, I suggest that next time you either settle things peaceably or leave your Autobot Matrix of Leadership at home so it doesn't break. GEICO does not cover Autobot Matrix of Leaderships.
And the list goes on. Mr. Prime, I am going to remind you again: Your policy with GEICO only reimburses you for accidents that occur while you are engaged in the reasonable use of your truck and trailer. As I told you when you originally purchased the policy, GEICO does not offer Megatron coverage, Starscream coverage, Soundwave coverage, Decepticon coverage, or Energon-blast coverage. Those are just not the types of damages we would expect from reasonable use.

To sum up, GEICO has been unable to reimburse you for any repairs, but due to the high number of accidents you have been a party to this month, combined with the many accidents you have had in the preceding five months, your premium has increased to $235,567.50 per month. While that may seem like a lot, I remind you that it is a savings of $137 over Progressive and $98 over State Farm. Please have your check into our main office by the end of July.

Regards,

Simon Furman
GEICO Agent

Axle

#592381 - 22/07/07 05:27 PM Re: New Transformers Movie
mineralblue Offline

http://blogs.motortrend.com/6213093/car-...wer-mega-stang/

Motor Trend Article: Saleen will produce the S-302 Extreme... the non-police version of "Barricade"

If you're scratching your head trying to figure out what could possibly make Saleen's S302 Mustang even better, Saleen already has the answer. More power.

Yep, turns out the boys at Saleen just weren't content with the current 550 horsepower S302 so they turned up the wick on the 302 cubic-inch (4.9-liter for you metric-heads) V8 to produce "well in excess of" 600 horses. Dubbed the Saleen S302 Extreme, this beast is of the same configuration as "Barricade," the Decepticon police car featured in the new Transformers movie -- minus the 5-0 specific adornments, of course.

#592382 - 22/07/07 05:31 PM Re: New Transformers Movie
NismoXse02 Offline

Well, we FINALLY saw it today. Yes, our lives revolve around our 1-year old. smile We got to see the “Digital” version (although I don’t know what the difference was…anyone?). Anyway, here’s my quick summary. The movie was freakin’ sweet and I will most definitely be going to see it again. The CGI was wicked sick. Everything was great and I only have a few complaints. I think there were way too many human characters and that confused my wife the most. She compared it to reading a book and going back a few pages to see who was who, but she obviously couldn’t do that for a movie. I think the movie was an excellent “first” movie setting everything up. I do think they tried to cram too much together though almost acting like there wouldn’t be sequels. A few scenes went by way too quickly and there were some wtf’s. There was some pretty bad acting at times too, but nothing major. As I pointed out earlier, I’m disappointed that they used the name Devastator for the tank when it clearly should have been Brawl. Hopefully the real Devastator will be in the next movie, but they did kill Bonecrusher too so the pretty much butchered any hopes of that. Finally, we missed the credits, so I need to find them somewhere since someone has mentioned there was additional stuff during them. Maybe it’s on youtube or emule or something. [Freak] My favorite parts were when Bubblebee upgraded to the New Camaro, the jet scene with Starscream joining in, Prime’s intro with all the Autobots and just about all the action scenes.

ETA: I need to remind myself not to watch any of the trailers or "leaked" footage when the Sequel starts getting closer. I just couldn't help myself this one time, but I learned my lesson. And I thought the part with the Beagle 2 Mars Rover wasn't going to be in the movie. Liar (Michael Bay). :p

#592383 - 22/07/07 05:44 PM Re: New Transformers Movie
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:

We got to see the “Digital” version (although I don’t know what the difference was…anyone?).
Finally, we missed the credits, so I need to find them somewhere since someone has mentioned there was additional stuff during them. Maybe it’s on youtube or emule or something. [Freak]
The digital has got better clarity... unless you got jipped and watched regular projection... the images were just crisp like watching an HDTV... regular film projection can be somewhat occasionally blurry and with the occasional imperfections in the film reel...

as for the credits... you basically had Spike's parents talking about how they trust the government... and then a little later on you see Starscream flying up from the sky and then blasting off into space...

#592384 - 22/07/07 06:17 PM Re: New Transformers Movie
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Just saw it today.
WOW

Would pay to see it again in a heartbeat!
Best movie I've seen in a long time.

#592385 - 22/07/07 06:40 PM Re: New Transformers Movie
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
The digital has got better clarity... unless you got jipped and watched regular projection... the images were just crisp like watching an HDTV... regular film projection can be somewhat occasionally blurry and with the occasional imperfections in the film reel...
Yeah, we suck when it comes to seeing the differences in quality of picture. That's probably why I only need to get an HD TV of 1080i quality as opposed to paying the extra for 1080p. We're just not good at seeing minor differences.
Quote:
as for the credits... you basically had Spike's parents talking about how they trust the government... and then a little later on you see Starscream flying up from the sky and then blasting off into space...
Still, I have to see it. smile I hate knowing there's a part out there I missed. frown

#592386 - 22/07/07 07:42 PM Re: New Transformers Movie
Anonymous
Unregistered

well, looks like i'll have to go see it again since i missed the credits. ah shux.

#592387 - 22/07/07 08:51 PM Re: New Transformers Movie
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Anyone found a good transforming sound clip? Love to use it on my machine.

#592388 - 22/07/07 09:33 PM Re: New Transformers Movie
BigE515 Offline

Email me, I have one.

#592389 - 23/07/07 02:35 AM Re: New Transformers Movie
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
My son wants me to put an autobot sticker on the back of my truck now lol

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal