2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#596640 - 19/06/03 11:16 AM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham:

Sure, the guy has every right to pursue . . . does he have the right to murder?

I thought the whole point of "proper force" was that the force applied was appropriate to the situation . . . and a bunch of guys running away with some money (wouldn't the business owner be insured for robbery loss?) doesn't seem like a need for attempted murder . . .
True... I think this is just a case of seeing the person wronged actually get back at the criminal for once in a manner that we only see in the movies... So he gets a lot of cheers....

I still say good for him smile

#596641 - 19/06/03 11:31 AM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
True... I think this is just a case of seeing the person wronged actually get back at the criminal for once in a manner that we only see in the movies... So he gets a lot of cheers....

I still say good for him smile
I'm glad he fought back, too . . .

And I hope he gets an awesome lawyer . . . because I think he just might need one . . .

#596642 - 19/06/03 01:16 PM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Quote:
Do you think, if someone broke in with a knife, that you'd follow them out the door, down the street, through the neighborhood, then shoot them with a shotgun?
Shoot them? No... follow them out the door, down the street, through the neighborhood? Hell yes! Fire over their heads and tell them to stop or I'll shoot? You betcha. Continue persuit till someone sees us and calls the cops, or till they see the shotgun and slow down? Yep.

I have a 7lb Yorkie (Samson), a 50lb mutt my wife rescued (Daisy), and a 110 Redbone Coonhound (Flash) that was SUPPOSED to be a hunting dog. The first time we went out for a lesson I thought I'd lost him in the woods till I found him sleeping under a shade tree... Jed Clampet's dog is his hero. He *HATES* people at the door though.

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#596643 - 19/06/03 01:22 PM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
Quote:
[b]Do you think, if someone broke in with a knife, that you'd follow them out the door, down the street, through the neighborhood, then shoot them with a shotgun?
Shoot them? No... follow them out the door, down the street, through the neighborhood? Hell yes! Fire over their heads and tell them to stop or I'll shoot? You betcha. Continue persuit till someone sees us and calls the cops, or till they see the shotgun and slow down? Yep.
[/b]

Well, that's my point. You aren't trying to kill the guy who is running away, only trying to stop him.

The idiot with the Hummer, no matter how much you wished more people did that, would have been well-advised to pick up a cell-phone, call the cops, help them find these nimrods . . .

Quote:

I have a 7lb Yorkie (Samson), a 50lb mutt my wife rescued (Daisy), and a 110 Redbone Coonhound (Flash) that was SUPPOSED to be a hunting dog. The first time we went out for a lesson I thought I'd lost him in the woods till I found him sleeping under a shade tree... Jed Clampet's dog is his hero. He *HATES* people at the door though.
People don't leave your property, they're looking for a bite in the ass . . . just make sure your homeowner's insurance is paid up! laugh

#596644 - 19/06/03 01:44 PM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
kd4adc Offline

Loc: Alabama
Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
Quote:
Originally posted by Stonecoldchavez:
[b]Justice is served is right.

He saved the taxpayers two jail cells. Too bad he didn't get the other two.

F'em, I say.

Stone
gotta agree with you guys. They got what they deserved....[/b]
I agree. If they didn't want trouble, they shouldn't have started it.

#596645 - 19/06/03 11:22 PM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
[b] "Equal Retaliation" goes right out the window when you're the one being threatened.

Hell, I was REALLY REALLY CLOSE to letting the dogs out to "greet" the magazine salesman who refused to leave my front porch after I'd politely refused to buy anything THREE times yesterday.
Okay, you have problems. Having dogs attack a desperate magazine salesman is wrong. Use the hose.

Second, they were running away. No longer a threat to this guy. He tried to kill them in his anger, plain and simple. So a simple theft deserves a death sentence?

Anyway, I bet he caused more damage on his H1 then he would have lost in the theft.

I hope something happens to him, if not jail time probation and some anger management classes.[/b]
You've got issues man. It's people like you(and I'm not talking liberal or conservative shit, I could give a donkey fuck about that) that let the criminals run the cell blocks.

Two thumbs up, way up, for what this guy did. Crime should pay, period. Three ARMED guys walked. Armed, as in with weapons(probably guns). He was one unarmed guy. Which means not only was he robbed, his life was threatened. You're FUCKING A RIGHT I'll be pissed to no end.

Anger management my ass. As Samuel and Pnut said, if someone breaks in my house, they die, or at least I go down trying. Nobody, absolutely nobody, will threaten me and my family in my own house and have me do nothing about it.

Quite frankly, I honestly believe that you have never been the victim of robbery. I have. My parents home was broken into and my dad's custom old school sound system(worth thousands of bucks already at that time) was lifted. Nobody ever found the guy. The cops wouldn't couldn't help for shit. My parents(I was too young to fully comprehend it, but I was scared) felt violated. The motherfucker who did it could have easily killed us in our sleep had he choose to do so.

Now maybe that means jack shit to you, but I could care less what your opinion is about that. I've vowed to myself that will NOT happen to my family ever. My family and I will not be victims as long as I have a say and can do something about it.

I pray it never happens to you. But maybe it does for you to understand.

I need anger management. [Freak] [LOL]

#596646 - 21/06/03 07:44 PM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
Anonymous
Unregistered

Perhaps this is an odd thread for my first post on the board... but what the hell smile

If I were this guy and some jerk-offs robbed me and I was chasing them in my new X (that weighs 4,000lbs) and they suddenly stopped in front of me... well, with those crappy brakes (compared to my old Outback) I think I'd just roll right over the f*ckers... and you can imagine if you were in an H1... those suckers are heavy! "Ooops... sorry about your Metro." {in a Forrest Gump voice}

Those guys deserve what they got.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal