2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#601249 - 03/06/08 08:08 PM Re: Goodbye Hummer...
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Yep, good riddance!

#601250 - 04/06/08 12:51 PM Re: Goodbye Hummer...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:
A LOT of people move here from Ohio. You should see all the tOSU fans during college football season. But this is Gator Country. They need to go back home.
Ugh, you should see Columbus at that time. It's a nightmare.

#601251 - 04/06/08 12:52 PM Re: Goodbye Hummer...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ohhh - Thought this thread was about someone getting married or somethin.

#601252 - 04/06/08 12:58 PM Re: Goodbye Hummer...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Ugh, you should see Columbus at that time. It's a nightmare.
Why? I've really never seen Cbus be a nightmare and I've lived here on and off for many years.

#601253 - 04/06/08 01:14 PM Re: Goodbye Hummer...
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Michigan sucks, Ohio swallows.

Everyone feel better now? smile

No one has mentioned the quote from the union rep in that article "Canadian Auto Workers President Buzz Hargrove said GM's decision to close its Oshawa truck plant betrays the labor agreement reached two weeks ago. He said the union will consider all options, including a strike."

BWHAHAHAHA. You GO union man, show them who's boss. In another article a different rep said the same thing, saying GM had no right to close the plant.

HEY, union idiot, YOU are partly the cause of the closure. Dont ya think paying huge wages and high benefits to thousands of people who work in those plants might be a factor? That all the money they have to give you inflates the cost of the cars and trucks making GM less competitive and less profitable?

You reap what you sew.

#601254 - 04/06/08 01:25 PM Re: Goodbye Hummer...
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
Originally posted by BluMerle:
Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:
[b]A LOT of people move here from Ohio. You should see all the tOSU fans during college football season. But this is Gator Country. They need to go back home.
That's assuming they don't stop off in my area first and wind up settling here. [LOL] [/b]
Go Back To Ohio! laugh

In all seriousness, what the fuck is it with folks from Ohio moving here? Ohio may or may not be that bad (never been there), but for chrissakes, SC (especially Charleston) isn't THAT great. It's nice, but it's not the be all end all.

Sorry Liz, been to FL several times and from what I've seen, you guys can't hold a candle to the amount of Ohio people we have.

#601255 - 04/06/08 01:33 PM Re: Goodbye Hummer...
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Origami Gangsta:
for chrissakes, SC (especially Charleston) isn't THAT great.
True, true . . .

:p

#601256 - 04/06/08 02:37 PM Re: Goodbye Hummer...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Origami Gangsta

This is an odd thing - I'm not actually from Ohio, but I've lived here on and off for a good chunk of my life (I've also lived in Scotland, Italy, and 7-8 or more other states). My wife, however, hadn't and she noticed that frickin' everyone is from Ohio. Just about everyone she knew had some strong connection there. It's like we're breeders here and we send people out everywhere because there isn't enough room here.

Dunno - but it's an oddity, to say the least.

#601257 - 04/06/08 02:38 PM Re: Goodbye Hummer...
Anonymous
Unregistered

While the Union sentiment isn't that far off from reality, I'd have to disagree with the Michigan Sucks, Ohio Swallows thing. Michigan is our bitch, plain and simple.

#601258 - 04/06/08 09:06 PM Re: Goodbye Hummer...
Anonymous
Unregistered

To me, it makes no sense that they can't simply retool these plants to make the smaller cars that they say everyone is gravitating towards. Are these plants simply viewed as extra (and unwanted) capacity?

#601259 - 05/06/08 08:13 AM Re: Goodbye Hummer...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by AZ-Ted:
To me, it makes no sense that they can't simply retool these plants to make the smaller cars that they say everyone is gravitating towards. Are these plants simply viewed as extra (and unwanted) capacity?
They've got a couple of things against them, from what I'm understanding:

• Ohio's taxation structure might not be all that favorable for manufacturing businesses
  • The Unions here are getting a much higher wage rate than they might be able to get elsewhere.
  • There're hints and allegations that the Union workers here are very anti-GM and as such, quality and productivity suffers drastically.
  • The plants themselves are rather old. It might make more economic sense to actually build new rather than retool just at face value here.

They'll still face the normal start-up quality issues, but it might make financial sense to just start elsewhere with a fresh new workforce.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal