2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#606681 - 25/12/06 04:29 PM Yer Haul.
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
OK, this usually depresses me.

Got a Nano 2gb, Kensington flat panel Ipod dock, $50 iTunes card, $50 REI card, Timberland Power Loungers, some tools, a sugoi shirt, a little rc helicopter....

Now, I can be depressed while I read what all you others got....

#606682 - 25/12/06 04:32 PM Re: Yer Haul.
Powerguy38 Offline

Loc: Greensburg, PA
I got a Hummer...

flashlight from my mother-in-law. [Uh Oh !]

#606683 - 25/12/06 05:14 PM Re: Yer Haul.
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Peckham:

Got a Nano 2gb, Kensington flat panel Ipod dock, $50 iTunes card, $50 REI card, Timberland Power Loungers, some tools, a sugoi shirt, a little rc helicopter....

Why does it depress you?? Because it reminds you of how you and your communist friends are hypocrites? Because you had to return all the strap-ons your wife bought you for Xmas in order to afford these things??

#606684 - 25/12/06 06:10 PM Re: Yer Haul.
Matt Peckham Offline

no, because I recall reading stuff like:

Pretty good haul this year... 4 inch lift, Calmini front and rear bumper, 60" Plasma, and a PS3 with 8 games.

At least I spent money that I had this year. Hopefully my wife didn't use the card for christmas.

I will probably leverage the mini RC helicopter into an RC car. Sneakily. Since I knew there was no way in hell she'd buy me one.

#606685 - 25/12/06 07:16 PM Re: Yer Haul.
Xorand Offline

Loc: LA (Lower Alabama)
I got a dual thermal mug coffee maker, coffee beans and a grinder. Plus some clothes.

We took it easy this year. My wife and I are going out next paycheck (cash, baby) and buy each other a couple of things we really need.

#606686 - 25/12/06 07:21 PM Re: Yer Haul.
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
I did okay-desk, Bruins tickets, back massager, radio with dock for Ipod, Coleman steel belted cooler, Coleman 6 person tent, guitar hero 2 and dvds etc.

#606687 - 25/12/06 07:35 PM Re: Yer Haul.
Anonymous
Unregistered

well, i got my soft 8's a few weeks ago. but today i got a Sirus StarmateR sat radio with car and home kit, family guy season one and 2 on DVD(gigity gigity), clothes, a shower radio, a pair of harley davidson riding gogles w/ transition lenses for day/night riding; and the best present of the day....a new girlfriend. its a week today laugh [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

#606688 - 25/12/06 07:43 PM Re: Yer Haul.
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
My GF, with a lot of hinting, got me a toy train laugh

I looove trains. I've had a couple cheesy N-scale setups in the past but I wanted to move up to HO scale and get some quality stuff so that some time soon I can do more of a 'real' semi-permanent setup complete with little fake scenery and stuff.

Turns out these suckers have gotten really high tech in the past 15 years or so. Now it's all DCC digital control (fixed track voltage with a digital signal superimposed on it that tells the 'smart' locomotive what you want it to do). You can have multiple trains on the same tracks running at the same time and control them independently from the same box (you pick which one you're currently commanding by address). You can have sound modules in them that play very realistic train sounds. You can even program in things like max acceleration and deceleration rates to simulate the momentum and slow responsiveness of a heavy train.

Anyway, she spent quite a bit of $$ and got me a brand new (i.e. it just came out last week) Bachmann train with all these sound effects etc, a good (and expandable) Digitrax Zephyr controller, and a good starter set of snap together track.

A vid with very annoying "you didn't pay for the file conversion software yet" logo in it HERE

#606689 - 25/12/06 07:46 PM Re: Yer Haul.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Cry me a river dude... [Finger]
I got 150 bucks worth of gift cards and some socks. It's not about how much ya take in dude. You're not 14 years old anymore....

#606690 - 25/12/06 08:40 PM Re: Yer Haul.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Craftsman mechanics tool set, tool box, new synthetic winch line and a bunch of useless do dads.

Bought my dad a Ruger super Blackhawk 44mag and his total surprise and enjoyment receiving it more than made my Christmas this year.

#606691 - 25/12/06 08:41 PM Re: Yer Haul.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
Quote:
[b]OK, this usually depresses me.

Why does it depress you?? Because it reminds you of how you and your communist friends are hypocrites? Because you had to return all the strap-ons your wife bought you for Xmas in order to afford these things??[/b]
wow where did that come from?

i got a shirt, sweater and a bulls hat... and a very special little gift from my 8 year old son, that he picked out all by himself, and bought with his own money. probably the best gift i've ever received.

#606692 - 25/12/06 11:09 PM Re: Yer Haul.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nikon SLR and a damn fine urban outfitters jacket

#606693 - 26/12/06 04:50 AM Re: Yer Haul.
Matt Peckham Offline

this was actually my best haul in years because I suggested to my father in law "stop the tools for christmas thing!" Every year I get 4 tools, which are becoming like socks to me.

I mean yes, the air compressor last year was cool, but unless it's a chainsaw, they don't feel like xmas gifts, more like "wrok on your house!" gifts.

I did get Dremel #2 though... who needs 2 dremels?

#606694 - 26/12/06 05:16 AM Re: Yer Haul.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
.....leverage the mini RC helicopter into an RC car. Sneakily. Since I knew there was no way in hell she'd buy me one.
I saw this at the hobby store for $117. It is better than the ones we paid $300 for when I was a kid.

Leverage, leverage!!!

#606695 - 26/12/06 06:06 AM Re: Yer Haul.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I have like 4 or 5 of them smile

I got a Aeron chair, a new Riding suit (My other hobby is on 2 wheels), a 20" LCD Panel, and a Blade CP Pro R/C Helicopter. I also got some other stuff, but those are the big ones....

I've already C&B'd the Heli, it's a 3d aerobatic, but I forgot when in inverted flight, the controls are reversed wink I'm headed to the hobby shop today...

#606696 - 26/12/06 06:22 AM Re: Yer Haul.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got my Canon Rebel XTI a few weeks ago, Battery Grip for it, 430Ex flash unit + numerous filters / lens hoods etc. The wife also surprised me with Clerks 2 DVD, A Maglight, Candy and a nice framed photo of our daughter for my desk at work. From family I got a $50 Ritz camera gift card, $20 Red Lobster gift card $100 by Paypal from my folks in England and various other bits & pieces. Not to bad a year.

#606697 - 26/12/06 06:37 AM Re: Yer Haul.
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
I received the greatest gift that I could imagine. Waking up on Christmas morning to see my boy in his crib.

#606698 - 26/12/06 06:54 AM Re: Yer Haul.
Xorand Offline

Loc: LA (Lower Alabama)
Quote:
Originally posted by defibvt:
I received the greatest gift that I could imagine. Waking up on Christmas morning to see my boy in his crib.
[ThumbsUp]

Can't think of a much better gift at all.

#606699 - 26/12/06 09:07 AM Re: Yer Haul.
airbutchie Offline

Loc: Where the freakin' Rose Parade...
Quote:
Originally posted by Xorand:
Quote:
Originally posted by defibvt:
[b]I received the greatest gift that I could imagine. Waking up on Christmas morning to see my boy in his crib.
[ThumbsUp]

Can't think of a much better gift at all.[/b]
x3... That's a gift that keeps giving...

As for the married folks with no kids (pointing at myself)... My wife ran around like crazy trying to find the Wii (God Bless her soul), and she scored one last weekend (much to my surprise)... She tagged on a few games and a extra controllers to boot... The icing on the cake was the second gift I got from her... The Sizzlers race car set!!! For those who were young kids in the late 70's, this was the shit!!! Ya charge up your mini-race car and let it go around the oval track (image below):

She added a couple of extra cars and an anther charging station so I can bring a friend over to play!! WOO HOO!! I tell ya, it brought back many great memories of my childhood... Anyhoo, THANKS BABY FOR THE GREAT GIFTS!!!

- Air B [ThumbsUp]

edit: For her, I got her a Movado watch, OGG boots, and a Dooney & Burke bag (just in case the ladies of XOC were wondering what I got my wife) [Too much XOC]

#606700 - 26/12/06 09:38 AM Re: Yer Haul.
Xterrian Offline

Loc: Fort Lewis, WA
I got a Ruger Super Redhawk in .454 Casull, a new synthetic winch cable, a Razr V3r phone with bluetooth earpiece, a couple hundred rounds of ammo, 5 books, a new sweater shirt and Clerks II on DVD.

The kids got a good haul each with a Wii, extra controllers and games, RC mini helicopter, Razr V3r phone with bluetooth earpiece, Ipod, basketball jerseys, DVDs, shotgun ammo, flint and steel, Cash, etc...

Dog got a stuffed opossum, beaver and monkey along with tons of treats and a new water\food dish.

The wife was the big winner this year with a brand new 2007 Sentra.

Best of all I got to spend it with my family instead of being deployed this time! Thanks to all the guys and gals out there around the world holding up their end so I can be home this year.

#606701 - 26/12/06 09:57 AM Re: Yer Haul.
xterrapin Offline

Loc: San Francisco
1. Two bottles of Kahlua Especial
2. A bottle of Square One organic vodka
3. Numerous bottles of wine (reds of course)
4. Guinness pajamas
5. A Philippi Lounge lighter
5. A Led Zeppelin t-shirt
6. A handful of Vicodin (from my neighbor)

It's gonna be a great New Years Eve! [drink]

#606702 - 26/12/06 10:02 AM Re: Yer Haul.
coferj Offline

Loc: Montgomery, AL
Quote:
Originally posted by XterraAdam:
Quote:
[b]
I have like 4 or 5 of them smile

I got a Aeron chair, a new Riding suit (My other hobby is on 2 wheels), a 20" LCD Panel, and a Blade CP Pro R/C Helicopter. I also got some other stuff, but those are the big ones....

I've already C&B'd the Heli, it's a 3d aerobatic, but I forgot when in inverted flight, the controls are reversed wink I'm headed to the hobby shop today...[/b]
watch those speed controls...they burn up quick!

#606703 - 26/12/06 10:30 AM Re: Yer Haul.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Eh, I got a few nice t-shirts and that's about it.

The real present I'll make myself, thank you. I'm set on buying this very nice ping pong pacquet for myself for new year's. Can't wait to try it out.

#606704 - 26/12/06 10:38 AM Re: Yer Haul.
Anonymous
Unregistered

New Watch .. New Leatherman Wave... And and awesome new Synthetic winch line laugh [ThumbsUp]

#606705 - 26/12/06 10:48 AM Re: Yer Haul.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I found out friday, I'll be getting a BOY in May laugh The wife also gave to me a Crosman Stinger Airsoft rifle, R/C Caterpillar bulldozer, crystal shot glass asst., slippers, a cool R/C stunt truck thing, several gift cards for shopping and entertainment, and this-
[img]http://www.axcessmypics.com/photo/d1/47/e05248860b22.jpg?th=170&tw=225&s=false[/img]
smile
I guess like Butch, I should post up what she got.. A few nice outfits from Motherhood, and 2 carats of something sparkly wink

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal