Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#614274 - 15/06/07 11:41 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
Anonymous
Unregistered

Geez, I hope she at least swallowed...

#614275 - 15/06/07 12:08 PM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
ATFrontier Offline

Loc: Loganville,Georgia
What many of you don't know is that if the State Attorney General doesnt appeal this attempt to overturn the conviction, it would open the door to all the pre-law change molestation convictions. The courts would be flooded and no doubt many truely guilty molesters would get out. The AG must stand his ground. Theres no choice.

#614276 - 15/06/07 12:16 PM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
You're right, it's a sticky legal situation, more so than I realized. Regardless of opinions and what is the "right thing to do", law is law and this must be resolved in a way that's consistent with maintaining the integrity of the legal system.

The people who could have helped were the legislature by making the new law retroactive.

#614277 - 26/10/07 11:14 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Gerogia Supreme Court orders Wilson\'s release.

Good. The DA isn't going to appeal either, from what it looks like.

#614278 - 26/10/07 11:38 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
great pyr-hauler Offline

Loc: Illinois
He'll probably be back behind bars in a few years anyway. laugh

#614279 - 26/10/07 11:43 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Quote:
Originally posted by great pyr-hauler:
Or dead...either way...we'll be better off...

#614280 - 26/10/07 05:00 PM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
Quote:
[b]He'll probably be back behind bars in a few years anyway. laugh
Or dead...either way...we'll be better off...[/b]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Racism is Hi-larious. We'd all be better off with out a gifted athlete who gets good grades.

Holy fucking jackass alert, Batman.

#614281 - 26/10/07 05:18 PM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MattyX:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Racism is Hi-larious. We'd all be better off with out a gifted athlete who gets good grades.

Holy fucking jackass alert, Batman.[/b]
What the hell is racist about my statement??

Oh...and he wasn't that gifted...he is a EXTREMELY undersized football player who was "thought" to be going to a VERY low end D1 school...and his grades weren't that good...they were merely acceptable and given the school he went to I wouldn't put too much stock in it....Oh...and he was a habitual pot user and had also done coke...oh and he also broke the law...So correct me where the racism part comes in?? Go back to fucking kindergarten you douchebag and come back when you have a clue...

#614282 - 26/10/07 05:35 PM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
Anonymous
Unregistered

So the world will be better off with Wilson dead or in jail. I'm sure the world would be much worse off if he got a BA or BS at some D-1 school and got a decent job.

He "broke the law" by being a high school kid who got a BJ from another high school kid. Pardon me if I don't crap my pants in terror of his being free to roam the streets.

I don't remember you saying the world would be better off without the (white) Duke lacrosse team. Chances are a few of them could be described as "habitual pot users." I bet you even knew a few habitual pot users who've tried coke, especially if you attended college since 1979.

But OK, maybe your remark wasn't racist. Maybe it was pure assholery. Still makes you a fucking tool.

But I guess being a tool is OK as long as your not racist. :rolleyes:

#614283 - 26/10/07 05:51 PM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
BlueSky Offline

Quote:
Quote:
All the sniping back and forth aside, why do you say this?

#614284 - 26/10/07 07:44 PM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
All the sniping back and forth aside, why do you say this?[/b]
Ahhh...an intelligent response...that's nice for a change...OK...as a general rule much of "internet speak" is hyperbole, that is...exageration for effect...so, yes, part of what I said was done purely out of a desire to shock, offend, and exaggerate my feelings on the issue...Do I WISH him dead?? Of course not....am I really that concerned that he continue living??? No...he is pretty much a waste of space and contributes little to nothing to society...It is my feeling that he broke the law and deserves to serve the time he was given....It is my feeling that the soft, weak, underbelly of our society has used him as a tool---#1 to claim racism by those who prosecuted him, #2 to advance an idea that he was a "valueable" member of society (for which I primarily blame ESPN) and #3 to roll back the criminality of adult on minor sexual crimes

#614285 - 26/10/07 10:00 PM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
All the sniping back and forth aside, why do you say this?[/b]
Ahhh...an intelligent response...that's nice for a change...OK...as a general rule much of "internet speak" is hyperbole, that is...exageration for effect...so, yes, part of what I said was done purely out of a desire to shock, offend, and exaggerate my feelings on the issue...Do I WISH him dead?? Of course not....am I really that concerned that he continue living??? No...he is pretty much a waste of space and contributes little to nothing to society...It is my feeling that he broke the law and deserves to serve the time he was given....It is my feeling that the soft, weak, underbelly of our society has used him as a tool---#1 to claim racism by those who prosecuted him, #2 to advance an idea that he was a "valueable" member of society (for which I primarily blame ESPN) and #3 to roll back the criminality of adult on minor sexual crimes
Wellllll....

You did say "Or dead...either way...we'll be better off..."

"Exageration?" Whatever.

How many high school kids do you know who contribute to society? The purpose of high school is to prepare students to contribute to society. An unjust imprisonment counters that goal. He was a high school kid.

#1. You're right. There's no racism in Georgia.

#2. If he remained in prison he could not be "valueable" to society. Wilson could be in his junior or senior year of college by now were it not for an overzealous, misguided prosecutor looking to pad his resume.

#3 Seventeen and fifteen. Hardly "adult on minor sexual crimes."

You said something dumb. Own it. Acknowledge it and don't try to Bush it out.

If you really wanted to shock and offend how can you be so shocked and offended when I respond as you intended?

#614286 - 26/10/07 10:10 PM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
as a general rule much of "internet speak" is hyperbole, that is...exageration for effect...so, yes, part of what I said was done purely out of a desire to shock, offend, and exaggerate my feelings on the issue...
Quit blowing that shit out of your ass.

Exageration? Sure.

"desire to shock, offend..." yeah....rrrriiiggghhttt!

I'm sure as you were typing you were thinking, "ok, how can I shock and offend the readers of XOC." :rolleyes:
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#614287 - 27/10/07 06:11 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
[b]as a general rule much of "internet speak" is hyperbole, that is...exageration for effect...so, yes, part of what I said was done purely out of a desire to shock, offend, and exaggerate my feelings on the issue...
Quit blowing that shit out of your ass.

Exageration? Sure.

"desire to shock, offend..." yeah....rrrriiiggghhttt!

I'm sure as you were typing you were thinking, "ok, how can I shock and offend the readers of XOC." :rolleyes: [/b]
Well, given the response on XOC to this topic when it began I certainly knew where a # of you stood on the subject so I knew in writing it that a bunch of you dopes would step up and whine and cry about it and sure enough...

#614288 - 27/10/07 06:16 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
spalind Offline

#614289 - 27/10/07 06:18 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
Anonymous
Unregistered

Spalind, just shut up. You've already proven yourself.

ETA:: You have no idea what anyone *would* have made of themselves.

Start thinking like a man.

All that shit about "breaking the law" has been hashed over in this thread. Prosecutorial discretion did not disappear the second that the letter of a poorly written law (now amended) was not strictly adhered to.

Seriously, if it was a Duke lacrosse player you never would have said that shit.

#614290 - 27/10/07 09:13 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
He never WAS and never WOULD be a valuable member of society...
That's a bold statement, coming from a used car salesman.

#614291 - 27/10/07 10:05 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
BlueSky Offline

Quote:

One troubling aspect about this case is that in November 2004 I was on a jury in Douglasville. It was an aggravated assault case. Race wasn't an issue since both the accused and the "victim" are white.

The proscecution's case was such a load of BS that it didn't even take us 20 minutes to acquit the guy. Doesn't generate a lot of confidence in the D.A.'s office out there.
Yes, it's odd to quote your own post but I wanted to bring this up again in light of the exchange of ...well, opinions shall we say. I think it adds valuable perspective given that it was direct experience with the DA's office that proscecuted Wilson. It was one case and one case only of course, but the crap they presented as a "case" was so ludicrous that it can't help but give me pause as to their credibility in general.

That's all aside from the question of whether a guy should spend 10 years in prison with no chance of parole and have to register as a sex offender for life just for what he did. Murderers and rapists often get less punishment than that.

He seems to have learned from the experience, and specifically mentioned all who have put their reputations on the line fighting his case. He said they won't be disappointed because he plans to be successful in life. Saying the right thing is easy, and time will tell whether he keeps that promise, but at least he'll have the chance.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal