Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#620035 - 10/03/08 05:02 PM Re: New Flashlight
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Hoser, Like, take this eh?
Weird Al Canadian Idiot

#620036 - 10/03/08 05:12 PM Re: New Flashlight
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight in Armor:
Hey Hoser, Like, take this eh?
Weird Al Canadian Idiot
hahaha....that was pretty good!
[LOL]

#620037 - 10/03/08 06:15 PM Re: New Flashlight
Anonymous
Unregistered

Was hoping you'd like it. Weird Al rocks. [Wave]

#620038 - 10/03/08 06:52 PM Re: New Flashlight
Mosi Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Quote:
Originally posted by trout lake tuna:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mosi:
Population of Canada is 33 million and some change.
Population of the USA is almost 304 million.

The population of California ALONE has more people than Canada. Enjoy your quiet little neighborhood.

Think about it.....
If you've ever had a chance to look at a population density map of Canada, you would notice that most major Canadian cities are situated along the south of the country. The US has a higher population than Canada without a doubt, but they also have much more livable land space than Canada....unless of course you don't mind living in Yellowknife!

I'm still not too clear on the point you were trying to make though....higher population should equal more guns?
confused [/QB]
Higher population = more crime. Canada doesn't have nearly as much as the US because of the population numbers. Hell, people around here have been stabbed and robbed for a few bucks to buy meth. It's not necessarily the gangster or thug types that I'm concerned about because they do a fantastic job of offing each other. It's the tweakers and desperate ones that do unthinkable things to good people. And that is why I have a permit and carry a concealed handgun.

I didn't write this but this sums it up..

I Don't carry a gun...

… to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don’t carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don’t carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m angry. I carry a gun so that I don’t have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don’t carry a gun because my sex organs are too small. I carry a gun because I want to continue to use those sex organs for the purpose for which they were intended for a good long time to come.

I don’t carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don’t carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don’t carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don’t carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

#620039 - 10/03/08 07:41 PM Re: New Flashlight
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey nice write up, point taken. You're probably a very good person, and law-abiding citizen of your community that takes owning a gun as a very serious responsibility.

I just hate the idiots out there that seem to think having a gun is "cool", and by adding a flash light to it and turning it into a slick little package, other idiots out there will think it's cool and will want one for no good reason.

If so many regular everyday folks in the States carry guns, how come you never seem to here about the bank robbers, the muggers, or the rapists getting shot or killed by a heroic citizen while in the act of committing their crimes? confused

#620040 - 10/03/08 09:02 PM Re: New Flashlight
Mosi Offline

Quote:

If so many regular everyday folks in the States carry guns, how come you never seem to here about the bank robbers, the muggers, or the rapists getting shot or killed by a heroic citizen while in the act of committing their crimes? confused
Trust me, there are A LOT of crimes that are prevented because someone had a firearm in the house or had a permit to conceal. We only really ever hear of the ones where the attacker gets shot though. It seems they would rather report on a cuddly kitten that is up for adoption instead of the woman that prevented a rape with her 9mm.

There are a lot of criminals that either cut and run at the sight of a pistol, or are held at gunpoint while the cops show up. Trust me, I would much rather have them run away or allow me to hold them for the cops if the situation is right instead of shooting them. If someone tries to rob me when I'm on the street, then they will get to see how quickly I can draw my pistol if it's safe enough for me to do so. If they run, then it does not warrant me wasting any bullets on them. If they try to stick a knife in me, then I will defend myself.

Between my Marine Corps training and the extensive concealed pistol courses I have taken, I think I am as prepared as one can be. Whenever I go out and conceal, it's all so normal and fluid for me that it's like carrying my wallet. I am still happy go lucky and don't round every corner all paranoid, if something DOES happen, reflexes will take over. Most of the people we hang out with don't even know I carry!

Here is a link for you that explains the media outlook on defensive gun use.
http://www.sovereignty.org.uk/siteinfo/newsround/gunlie.html

#620041 - 10/03/08 09:17 PM Re: New Flashlight
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Hey nice write up, point taken. You're probably a very good person, and law-abiding citizen of your community that takes owning a gun as a very serious responsibility.

I just hate the idiots out there that seem to think having a gun is "cool", and by adding a flash light to it and turning it into a slick little package, other idiots out there will think it's cool and will want one for no good reason.

First, in my previous post I was referring a non-existent fairy tale land. Those bullets that were meant for the gang banger or drug dealer...ya know they can go astray and make any innocent bystander another statistic, right?

You don't understand it, do you actually want to understand or have you made up your mind? My purpose for carrying a concealed weapon is for SELF defense and the defense of my family, not to play the part of a cop. If my life is threatened, then I decide whether or not to defend myself with my gun. I am not going to try and stop some scumbag from robbing a bank, that's not an intelligent thing to do. Now, said scumbag opens fire on the people in the bank and I have a safe shot at him, you bet your ass I'm going to take it as my life is now in danger.

Am I making any sense or should I try some more?

#620042 - 10/03/08 09:42 PM Re: New Flashlight
Anonymous
Unregistered

You guys are making sense. My issue with this thread was the whole glorification (cool factor) of owning or carrying a gun that seems to plague our society, especially our young people.

I would never expect "Joe public" to go around playing cop where ever they go just because they happen to carry a weapon, but it would be nice to hear about these types stories on the news more often. It might even serve as a deterrent to the "scumbags" that are out there committing these crimes in our otherwise safe communities.

It's nice to see that there are (some) people on this forum that have enough intelligence to have a debate on a serious topic while not completely disregarding the views and beliefs of others. [ThumbsUp]

#620043 - 10/03/08 09:58 PM Re: New Flashlight
Mosi Offline

Quote:

I would never expect "Joe public" to go around playing cop where ever they go just because they happen to carry a weapon, but it would be nice to hear about these types stories on the news more often. It might even serve as a deterrent to the "scumbags" that are out there committing these crimes in our otherwise safe communities.

[/QB]
Exactly... as they say, an armed society is a polite society. I'm sure even petty crime would be drastically reduced if criminals knew that x amount of people "could" be packing.

#620044 - 10/03/08 10:04 PM Re: New Flashlight
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:

It's nice to see that there are (some) people on this forum that have enough intelligence to have a debate on a serious topic while not completely disregarding the views and beliefs of others. [ThumbsUp]
This comment below is what you consider debate?

It has nothing to do with either intelligence or debate. It is a comment made by little boys and little girls completely devoid of intelligence and completely controlled by their emotions. Someone from a very feminized culture.

Emotions that are usually controlled and influenced by what someone else has told them.

Quote:

Just what the world needs....some more dumb-ass gun slinging American assholes! What is it about (some) Americans and their love affair with guns (and war)? I'm not sure if you guys are serious about really wanting one of those if it was available on the market or not, but if you are....YOU'RE F**CKED UP!

#620045 - 10/03/08 11:15 PM Re: New Flashlight
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:

[b]It's nice to see that there are (some) people on this forum that have enough intelligence to have a debate on a serious topic while not completely disregarding the views and beliefs of others. [ThumbsUp]
This comment below is what you consider debate?

It has nothing to do with either intelligence or debate. It is a comment made by little boys and little girls completely devoid of intelligence and completely controlled by their emotions. Someone from a very feminized culture.

Emotions that are usually controlled and influenced by what someone else has told them.

Quote:

Just what the world needs....some more dumb-ass gun slinging American assholes! What is it about (some) Americans and their love affair with guns (and war)? I'm not sure if you guys are serious about really wanting one of those if it was available on the market or not, but if you are....YOU'RE F**CKED UP!
[/b]
You know what?...you're right, I did let my emotions take over for a while....right after watching the video about the flashlight/gun. That stupid thing makes as much sense to me as a can-opener/gun, or a toothbrush/gun.

As far as I'm concerned, the little boys that you speak of are the ones that still feel the need to play with their transformers that turn in to guns and have little flash lights attached to them.

You've added nothing to this conversation until now, and what you've just wasted your time adding is meaningless and of zero substance to me.

[Finger]

#620046 - 11/03/08 06:13 AM Re: New Flashlight
NuDan Offline

Loc: Not Here
Trout Lake Tuna,
I wouldn’t concern myself too much about NYMadman and his disdain for anything non-American. His genius is matched only by his ability to hate anything that doesn’t conform to his moral standards.

Everyone Else,
I am not anti-gun. I am a Canadian and I own three hunting rifles and a shotgun, but I have never felt the need to carry, or even own a pistol (let alone one with a flashlight). For those of you who live in constant fear to the point where you feel that you should be armed 24-7 I feel truly sorry for you and wish I could understand your logic. If I were to see someone break into my truck and steal it I’d get a description of the guy and report it to the police. That’s why I have insurance. If someone were to jump out at me with a knife and tell me to give him my wallet…I would; my credit cards, ID and the $40 bucks I have in there are hardly worth killing or getting killed over. If someone breaks into my house to attack me in my sleep; so be it, even if I did have a hand-gun it wouldn’t do me much good since I’m asleep.

We, as taxpayers, put a lot of money into the system to pay for multiple Police forces and judicial systems, and they should be enough, but even if they’re not do you really feel that having every person armed is the solution? I don’t.

#620047 - 11/03/08 06:53 AM Re: New Flashlight
Anonymous
Unregistered

its called freedom to bare arms . [Finger]

#620048 - 11/03/08 06:55 AM Re: New Flashlight
babyX Offline

Quote:
The way I see it, around here if you're not involved in any kind of illegal activities, you shouldn't need to be looking over your shoulder, let alone carry a gun.
... unless, of course, you just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. A guy I knew in high school was at a party in Delta, hanging out on the front lawn with other revelers, when someone with a vengeance and a knife showed up. He wasn't originally aiming for the guy I knew, but when he stepped in to try to break it up, he got knifed in the back anyway. And died.

What's the name of the pig farmer in PoCo? Pickton or something? You know, the one who hacked up dozens of hookers and buried them on his property in the '80s?

Maybe half of the population up there doesn't carry a gun, but certainly enough of the population carries "ceremonial" daggers around with them. I'm not saying they'd use them, necessarily, but they're still armed.

Crap happens everywhere. Even in Canada.

#620049 - 11/03/08 06:57 AM Re: New Flashlight
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
Originally posted by Onix:
its called freedom to bare arms . [Finger]
That's for people like Liz who want to walk around showing off the stumps they like to call arms.

You're thinking "The right to bear arms." Bear, like "ROAR!" eat your ass kind of bear.
wink

#620050 - 11/03/08 07:59 AM Re: New Flashlight
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Origami Gangsta:

You're thinking "The right to [b]bear
arms." Bear, like "ROAR!" eat your ass kind of bear.
wink [/b]

Kick-ass.

#620051 - 11/03/08 08:31 AM Re: New Flashlight
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
eek [LOL]

#620052 - 11/03/08 03:32 PM Re: New Flashlight
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Quote:

Because our liberal, gun-hating newspapers and TV won't cover those stories.

S.

#620053 - 11/03/08 04:51 PM Re: New Flashlight
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Actually, the recent church shooting offender was gunned down by a gun toting parish member, if I'm not mistaken. CNN covered what might have happened if she'd accidentally killed him, rather than just wound him. Nevermind that the coward killed himself after he was shot and wounded... nevermind that the shooter probably saved a dozen more lives in that church by gunning him down... no, CNN was all over the "what if she missed" angle.

She was a law abiding citizen. She legally owned and carried her gun. She shot the bastard. She didn't miss. The bastard went down and shot himself, thus preventing further loss of life. Those were the facts. Period.

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#620054 - 11/03/08 05:11 PM Re: New Flashlight
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Wasn't this country founded on "hicks" with guns beating the bad guys. Just a thought. You know the Revolutionary War. We won that one for sure.

#620055 - 11/03/08 11:10 PM Re: New Flashlight
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
A toothbrush gun would be leet!

#620056 - 12/03/08 06:01 AM Re: New Flashlight
NuDan Offline

Loc: Not Here
Quote:
Originally posted by TravelingFool:
Actually, the recent church shooting offender was gunned down by a gun toting parish member, if I'm not mistaken. CNN covered what might have happened if she'd accidentally killed him, rather than just wound him. Nevermind that the coward killed himself after he was shot and wounded... nevermind that the shooter probably saved a dozen more lives in that church by gunning him down... no, CNN was all over the "what if she missed" angle.

She was a law abiding citizen. She legally owned and carried her gun. She shot the bastard. She didn't miss. The bastard went down and shot himself, thus preventing further loss of life. Those were the facts. Period.
Actually you are mistaken. She was a security guard working for the parish...

Clicky

"The gunman was killed by a member of the church's armed security staff before police arrived, Myers said. The gunman's name was not released. Officers found several smoke-generating devices on the church campus; their intended purpose wasn't clear. "

#620057 - 12/03/08 06:34 AM Re: New Flashlight
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
FWIW, she was also a former police officer and thus had law enforcement training and experience.

#620058 - 12/03/08 08:26 AM Re: New Flashlight
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Actually you are mistaken. She was a security guard working for the parish...
Well, actually you are mistaken NuDan.

"The armed citizen who stopped this attack, Jeanne Assam (should be “Awesome”) has a background in law enforcement, but she was not serving as a police officer, and by inference, she must be a civilian CCW licensee. In other words, an armed citizen was on the scene of a shooting rampage and successfully stopped the murderer. When the New Life church learned of the incident in Arvada, Assam volunteered to help provide security."

'UPDATE: Directly from the head pastor at New Life Church, the “security guard” who stopped the shooting was an unpaid volunteer, not a police officer, and “used a personal weapon.” The CNN link confirms the information I just received in an email from a source at New Life Church. "

link Snubnose is obviously biased, but it has the story right and the links to sources.

She was a civilian, with past LEO experience, who volunteered after the first shooting to carry and respond should something happen. NOT a paid security guard, NOT even an un-paid security guard; just a civilian who decided to carry that day following a previous shooting.

Don't let CNN and other major news outlets decieve or confuse you, this woman was a civilian with a CCW.

#620059 - 12/03/08 08:47 AM Re: New Flashlight
Anonymous
Unregistered

Figures some Canuck would turn my thread about a PROTOTYPE into a debate about "us" American's and "our" guns... must be French Canadian [Finger]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal