2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#628874 - 06/05/08 06:13 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
XterraAZ, you just sold Rockstar a copy of GTA IV! laugh The multiplayer sounds like fun!
Not as fun as COD4 in multiplayer..

The coke mission is contracted out by Elizabeth I think..

#628875 - 07/05/08 04:29 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebeauchea:
Not as fun as COD4 in multiplayer..
You could return the game... again.
COD4 and GTA4 are completely different games, comparing them, and their amount of "fun" level is apples and oranges, unless of course you're just playing Deathmatch, in which case you're completely missing the point of the Grand Theft Auto series.

Still trying to figure out how on earth you can think GTA is repetitive when COD4 (and most first person shooters) is the very definition of the term.

#628876 - 07/05/08 01:46 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

MEh. I just found COD to be more fun single player and multi. I think I'm just bored of GTA having spent countless hours playing GTA3, then vice city, and even san andreas. I dont play multiplayer much on GTA4 I've been sticking to the single player but I am bored of it...again. [Too much XOC]

#628877 - 07/05/08 02:21 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
I find it hard to understand how anyone could say GTA IV is boring or repetitive. I've found at least 20 different ways to die in multi-player, 10 of which Ian and Xavier hit me with last night and I was only on for about 20 minutes. BASTARDS! Great fun though.

I was saving my RPG rockets for Ian in his helicopter but Xavier came around hunting me down so I had to use them up blasting him into next week. hahaha!!!!! Paid back in full [Finger]

We've got to get a group together and do some Cops & Crooks, Turf wars, or whatever. Hell, I don't even know what all is out there in MP, having too much fun in free roam.

One tip for the new people.....when you spawn, you have two choices- start shooting or run, better do one or the other fast or you're going to die (and probably laugh pretty hard too).

#628878 - 07/05/08 04:18 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by fog:
Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
[qb]Got mine this morning for the PS3 and haven't had any issues thus far. It looks AMAZING in 1080p. Excellent experience so far.
It doesn't play at 1080P, it plays at 630P and is scaled up on the PS3. They used the bandwidth for filtering instead.
I meant 1080i, but whatever, it looks great and is fricken addictive!

#628879 - 07/05/08 07:57 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Lmao I tried to cross the closed bridge. Did you know u can get shot up being in the car.

#628880 - 07/05/08 10:43 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just finished Three Leaf Clover... holy. shit. I fired over 1200 rounds during it. If you loved the movie Heat, this mission is for you.

The game simply gets better and better as I go along.

#628881 - 08/05/08 06:35 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Just finished Three Leaf Clover... holy. shit. I fired over 1200 rounds during it. If you loved the movie Heat, this mission is for you.

The game simply gets better and better as I go along.
Sounds like you're a bit ahead of me... did you beat Undressed to Kill yet? I'm so stuck on that one.

As for multiplayer mode, I'd like to give it a try this Saturday. I guess I should post my PS3 online ID so that I can be on the lookout for anyone else here who wants in on a game.

#628882 - 08/05/08 10:08 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Chia:
Lmao I tried to cross the closed bridge.
I made that mistake myself last night. There's a walkway between and below the two opposite lanes of traffic. I was riding a motorcycle and was jumping steps up to the walkway. Didn't realize it was on a bridge to an unopened island yet. 6 stars quick, wow. Didn't get away that time, cops blew me up.

I'm just under 15% in progress, got a long way to go. This will only be the 2nd video game I've played through the single player on. I normally just play multiplayer or use cheats, open everything up, and go on rampages like in St's Row, GTA III, etc. Only other game I've played start to finish was Crackdown, pretty decent game.

Definitely enjoying GTA IV. Everyday I look forward to the end of my work day to get home and see what's in store for Niko next. I've become a video game junkie. laugh

#628883 - 08/05/08 11:20 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BluMerle:
Sounds like you're a bit ahead of me... did you beat Undressed to Kill yet? I'm so stuck on that one.
I have noticed the key to success is never leaving home without body armor, always use cover, and snap to targets quickly with the aim system. Snap, then move up ever so slightly for a headshot, then find the next target.

For Undressed to Kill, I started with the guy in the private room, switch to shotgun in a corner out of line of sight. Drop the guy blocking the door, then the manager inside the room as you bum rush it, then switch to the sub machine gun. Move to the entrance to the main room and take cover on either side. Pick targets carefully until everyone but strippers are dead. Last dude is outside, shoot him through the windshield of his car.

#628884 - 08/05/08 01:13 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Sounds like you're a bit ahead of me... did you beat Undressed to Kill yet? I'm so stuck on that one.
I have noticed the key to success is never leaving home without body armor, always use cover, and snap to targets quickly with the aim system. Snap, then move up ever so slightly for a headshot, then find the next target.

For Undressed to Kill, I started with the guy in the private room, switch to shotgun in a corner out of line of sight. Drop the guy blocking the door, then the manager inside the room as you bum rush it, then switch to the sub machine gun. Move to the entrance to the main room and take cover on either side. Pick targets carefully until everyone but strippers are dead. Last dude is outside, shoot him through the windshield of his car.[/b]
Thanks!! [ThumbsUp]

Btw is it normal for the cops to raid the place during the mission? Last time I played that mission they wound up taking me down.

#628885 - 08/05/08 02:13 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

No cops showed up when I did it.

#628886 - 08/05/08 07:19 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Not bad, I haven't played it enough to say if it's better than COD 4 yet though. Definitely a different kind of game. The multiplyaer is fun, add me to your friend's list if I'm worthy(BigE515) laugh

#628887 - 09/05/08 07:05 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
No cops showed up when I did it.
Huh? Maybe I got a little too aggressive on the entire room then? I know there's a good deal of patrons, strippers, etc so maybe that's what got me so many stars. [LOL]

#628888 - 09/05/08 04:36 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't shoot the strippers!

Anyhoo, Leslie is out of town for the weekend, GTA4 all weekend with the volumn at 11, right after I watch Heat.

#628889 - 10/05/08 06:15 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Don't shoot the strippers!

Anyhoo, Leslie is out of town for the weekend, GTA4 all weekend with the volumn at 11, right after I watch Heat.
I finally beat that mission yesterday thanks to your help! laugh

Without a doubt, the abandoned hospital mission is the best one so far!! I couldn't believe how intense it was and how much strategy it required.

Here's how I beat it:

I started off by buying body armor (had some left after the mission ended) and a bunch of sniper rounds. I figured that my odds would be a lot better if I picked off every enemy I could see from afar. Then I worked my way through the ruins slowly and then the fun began!!! That NOOSE team is friggin intense! I just ran for it and got into the little sports convertible I left in the parking lot. Next thing I know I headed for a pay and spray, got trapped by a bunch of cop cars, busted through them and ran to the other side of the map. Lost 'em.

Oh what a friggin great mission that was! I won't spoil the cut scene though. :p

#628890 - 11/05/08 09:33 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Ok I am going to go get this tomorrow.

#628891 - 11/05/08 11:51 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
Attention to all those who are bored with or finished with GTA IV: sell it to me! PS3 version please!

#628892 - 12/05/08 06:24 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul H:
Ok I am going to go get this tomorrow.
Yeah, me too. I have a Best Buy gift card that I still need to use. There's a 10% off coupon that expires today too, so I need to go today.

#628893 - 13/05/08 09:49 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by gmaxis:
Attention to all those who are bored with or finished with GTA IV: sell it to me! PS3 version please!
Bored or finished?!?!?! AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA...you obviously haven't played it yet....

#628894 - 13/05/08 07:59 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
Ebeauchea seems to be bored with it. I wonder if his is a PS3 version?

#628895 - 14/05/08 08:22 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anyone else rolled across a side mission yet? I came across two purely by accident... One involved taking a drunk to a warehouse and the other one involved going on an interview. I don't want to spoil the details.. just curious if anyone else found these yet.

I also liked the weird cut scene where a drunk rich guy gave me $100 for no reason. I found him by chance near the first apartment you get.

Question for FOG... did you play the Holland Play mission yet? If so, did you take out the loud mouth or the target?

#628896 - 14/05/08 11:34 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Has anyone else rolled across a side mission yet? I came across two purely by accident... One involved taking a drunk to a warehouse and the other one involved going on an interview. I don't want to spoil the details.. just curious if anyone else found these yet.

I also liked the weird cut scene where a drunk rich guy gave me $100 for no reason. I found him by chance near the first apartment you get.

Question for FOG... did you play the Holland Play mission yet? If so, did you take out the loud mouth or the target?
I did one where I had to take pictures of a guys cheating wife for him.

#628897 - 15/05/08 11:51 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looks like we're not the only ones who love this game... [LOL]

1st week sales: $500 million worldwide
Units sold on 1st day: Approx 3.6 million
Units sold 1st week: Approx 6 million.
Cost to develop: $100 million

#628898 - 15/05/08 12:08 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Got mine on Monday like I said, but still haven't really had time to play much. I've done the 1st two missions. Looking forward to getting some more time on my hands. [ThumbsUp]

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal