2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#630034 - 19/06/07 03:45 PM Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

FIRST. I'm looking for an intelligent debate! (I know, why start here?)

I already own PS2 and a few games. I do not play it any longer (except with my son). My soon-to-be 6 yr old does. NOTHING violent. Only kids games. He plays my ATV and racing games once in a blue moon (and me, even less than that)

It will be a BDAY gift for him end of this month.

I am leaning heavily towwards the WII right now due to its much more kid friendly, and physically interactive games. Anyone agree or disagree, speak now. Hence my post.

I'm a little out of the loop (last game purchase was Gran Turismo 4 for PS2) 99% will be for him.

XBOX360 and PS3. More expensive and not as kid friendly. I do NOT care about Blu Ray at all. My DVD collection totals maybe 10 movies, NONE of which have been viewed recently.

Am I on the right track??

Opinions please........

MGJ

#630035 - 19/06/07 03:53 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

In terms of Kid Freindly games for that age group, I would say hands down get a Wii.

The 360 and PS3 are basically selling to 18-35ish gamers. They want the more mature games and also High Def games & of course the bonus of Blue Ray or HDDVD.

Now the kicker.... good luck finding a Wii in a store. Nintendo underestimated the demand for the Wii HUGE!!! From what I gather they are meeting the production numbers but it does not meet the demand. Oh and I am looking for a Wii for the Wife and Son. They really want one. I like my 360.

#630036 - 19/06/07 04:26 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a 360 & Wii. My 360 is modded to play copied games and I don't even play it. I buy original games for the Wii - The wii totally took over in our house. My 4 year old daughter and wifes 80 year old grandmother both love playing Wii Tennis. We play on a 42" HD TV - ok, it might not output HD etc. But the picture is pretty damn good in my opinion and the game play is amazing.

You get into the games way more with the different forms of interaction the Wiimote gives you over a normal 360 type game. I definitely recommend the Wii if you can get hold of one, they are still hard to come by in these parts.

#630037 - 19/06/07 04:34 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
PoorBoy Offline

Loc: Nacogdoches, TX
I love my 360. Of course I'm in that 18-35 bracket, being 25. And I play more of the first person shooter, run around kill people games such as Crackdown, Ghost Recon, Halo, and Call of Duty. Also alot of racing games as well. But for the kids, I'd definitely say go with the Wii. They are much more kid friendly plus the fact that you're not concerned with DVD's and of course the price being much lower than the others. But as stated, they're hard to find in some areas so if you want to go for that then start looking.

#630038 - 19/06/07 06:45 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
The thing that makes the 360 for me are the online features - and the arcade. Love the arcade games.

Having said that, I also own a Wii - the Wii is very fun - great for party games.

Both of them are still cheaper than a PS3 smile

#630039 - 19/06/07 07:24 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by PoorBoy:
I love my 360. Of course I'm in that 18-35 bracket, being 25. And I play more of the first person shooter, run around kill people games such as Crackdown, Ghost Recon, Halo, and Call of Duty. Also alot of racing games as well. But for the kids, I'd definitely say go with the Wii. They are much more kid friendly plus the fact that you're not concerned with DVD's and of course the price being much lower than the others. But as stated, they're hard to find in some areas so if you want to go for that then start looking.
I'm with PoorBoy on this one. I'm 23 and ALL I play on my 360 are violent shooter games and racing games, that's all.

For a kid a Wii is going to be a better choice.

I do love my 360, however.

#630040 - 19/06/07 09:31 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
I add the same.

I love my 360 for the kill um all online play

But the wii would be better for my sone and he currently has a gamecube. Nintendo is more kid friendly.

#630041 - 19/06/07 09:46 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
koalakilla Offline

Loc: Woodlands, TX
I am 23 and I really enjoy my wii. A buddy of mine is the same age and owns all 3 systems but claims to play the wii the most of the 3. If you can get ahold of one, go with the Wii. He will love it but if you let yourself, you will as well. To find one, try stores that arent within a big mall or shopping complex.
SWXC Member #74

#630042 - 19/06/07 10:46 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
For a kid, what about a PSP? You can put music and movies on a memory card. Between that and the games, he'll have plenty to keep him occupied on long drives.

#630043 - 20/06/07 05:46 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well than, Wii it is! (But no good racin games for me eh? ohwell)

Thanks to everyone that replied.... Now, to find one. Had no idea they were STILL in demand like that, crazy! Welp, I'll go on the hunt for the next few days.....

I like the "whole family" aspect everyone mentions too.... as a large family (cousins etc) with lots of smiliar aged children, I do beleive this will be a big hit.

Thanks gang! I'll let ya know what I find.

MGJ

#630044 - 20/06/07 05:54 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just read it's backwards compatible to GameCube?? ALL gamecube games, or most??

PS - I found one, the full bundle only.... gonna try and squeak out for lunch.. He really can't hold it though..... TRYING! (not bad huh?)

MGJ

#630045 - 20/06/07 01:17 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MarGinJoey:
Just read it's backwards compatible to GameCube?? ALL gamecube games, or most??

PS - I found one, the full bundle only.... gonna try and squeak out for lunch.. He really can't hold it though..... TRYING! (not bad huh?)

MGJ
It will play all of the gamecube games, it has slots for the controllors and memory cards for the Cube, you can't use the Wii remote for the gamecube games

I would get a Wii for a little kid, just for the Mario games alone, and the system comes with a game, Wii sports, right out of the box.
Play Wii tennis or baseball for an hour, see how much you sweat.....

#630046 - 20/06/07 05:25 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Now, to find one. Had no idea they were STILL in demand like that, crazy! Welp, I'll go on the hunt for the next few days.....
http://wiitracker.com/

check out the store availability history for clues as to which ones to watch.

#630047 - 25/06/07 04:53 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
airbutchie Offline

Loc: Where the freakin' Rose Parade...
The Costco Wii bundles were all over the place here in SoCal this weekend... I was in the Azusa, Montebello, and City of Industry Costco looking for that Samsonite 3-piece luggage set and couldn't find any... They did have the Wii bundles at all three locations though... Go figure...

- Air B laugh

#630048 - 02/07/07 08:02 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Update: We ended up ordering the device thru Wallymart, one of those way too big bundles, but, we are a gaming family so we went for it.

I took down the Almighty PS2 tonite... wasnt a happy moment for me, but I got over it real fast.

This thing is sooo cool! My son didnt want to go to bed though, so we had to set some groundrules right off the bat.....

Then he went to bed, and about an hour later the wife wanders down to see this thing for herself.
We tried bowling (she killed me) Tennis, (she killed me) and golf (tie......ok she killed me)

I tried playing "dumb" hoping to bet some sexual favors for wins, but she'd have no part of that, so tomorrow, I kick her ass..... thats what I get for being nice....

MGJ

#630049 - 09/07/07 03:26 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
As anticipated, Sony announces $100 price cut for PS3.

Wonder if that'll start sparking sales?

#630050 - 09/07/07 07:37 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Origami Gangsta:
As anticipated, Sony announces $100 price cut for PS3.

Wonder if that'll start sparking sales?
LOL - They are expecting sales to Double. Not diffitult to sell another 1 I guess! smile

#630051 - 09/07/07 11:11 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry Sony, you are losing customers fast, myself included.. $100 aint enough, that still puts them at , what, $500?

Puuleez.

MGJ

#630052 - 09/07/07 11:31 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Sorry Sony, you are losing customers fast, myself included.. $100 aint enough, that still puts them at , what, $500?

Puuleez.

MGJ
Very seriously, and this isn't just because I have one, but the PS3 is very quickly becoming an EXCELLENT media center for the home entertainment system. It's capabilities for media streaming in the home network makes it extremely good for more than just video games.

#630053 - 09/07/07 01:32 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Sony is in a losing war here...they just lost 2 Billion (thats a B folks) in the last year in their gaming division and this price cut doesn't help...they are going to go the way of Sega VERY soon...I don't believe there will be a PS4....

Oh...and Tuesday night 7/10?? Look for Microsoft to announce a $100 price cut on the 360...Bye-bye Sony...

#630054 - 09/07/07 01:57 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
Sony is in a losing war here...they just lost 2 Billion (thats a B folks) in the last year in their gaming division and this price cut doesn't help...they are going to go the way of Sega VERY soon...I don't believe there will be a PS4....

Oh...and Tuesday night 7/10?? Look for Microsoft to announce a $100 price cut on the 360...Bye-bye Sony...
You know what's really sad from the Xbox crowd? They'll sit there and blast the "poor" sales of the PS3. But when you overlay the sales charts of the Xbox 360 over the PS3, you'll see that their sales are nearly IDENTICAL for the first 36 weeks of sales. Yep, that's right. The PS3, costing several hundred dollars more, is selling at the same pace as the Xbox 360 did.

Sure, there are more X's out there, at this point. But if you don't think Microsoft's admittance they've got a serious hardware problem with the X's isn't going to hurt their future sales, you're out of your mind.

Here, check out some actul sales charts, before you spout off about how "poor" the PS3 is selling...

World Console sales graph.

#630055 - 09/07/07 02:46 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Gotta love Porsche and the rest of the PS3ers still standing behind their failing system. laugh When we argued this before the systems even came out, you would have died laughing if I said the Xbox and PS3 sales would be close to identical based on the same amount of release period. The success of the PS2, Japan, all the PS1/PS2 games, blueray, etc. Now, it sounds like you're happy with the results, or at least fine with them. Then, you try to turn the other way on the 360 being released earlier like that doesn't count. Well, I'm sorry, but that's life. [Finger] Sounds like a good business decision if you ask me. And like I said several times... if blueray wins, count your blessings. If it doesn't, then big time [Freak] (Yes, I realize you can breathe a little better these days, but not that much.) We 360 owners weren't forced to choose one or the other. :p

What's funny is that the 360 won't be the one to bring the PS3 down like we all thought was their main competition. The Wii is the sleeper in this whole thing. [LOL]

#630056 - 09/07/07 03:33 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
The Wii is the sleeper in this whole thing. [LOL]
I agree - Nintendo made Sony look like fools. My 360 sits unused as I play my Wii, the only reason I would buy a PS3 is if Blue Ray comes out as a clear winner in the war for High Def DVDs and that looks like it is happening. Unless of course they can actually put together a Blue Ray DVD player for under $300 anytime soon.

As a Wii / 360 owner I have nothing against the PS3. I own a PS2 and was looking forward to the PS3 launch, they just took to damn long to launch it so I got the 360 instead. I'd take a PS3 any day at around $300, but certainly not for $500 / $600

#630057 - 09/07/07 03:38 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nintendo made Sony AND Microsoft look like fools... They've almost reached total volume sales that the Xbox 360 has, in less than half the time!

#630058 - 09/07/07 04:36 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
Hey Porsche......

HALO 3!!!!!! MoFo!!!!!!!! [Finger]

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal