2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#635543 - 20/10/04 09:39 PM Re: Highway trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

lol, my mom told me I was dumb! Cause I had to call her to get my ass out of a forbidden area. Also when we left their were huge trucks (the ones with their engines the size of our X's) moving crap around, and they really wanted to puch my Geo outta the way.

#635544 - 21/10/04 02:31 PM Re: Highway trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

Im willing to bet that Mommy and Daddy bought the X for you. Go ahead, drive like a madman in the X, you probably wont see your 18th birthday. But what do I know. You cant tell a 17yr old anything, they know it all.

#635545 - 21/10/04 03:00 PM Re: Highway trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Will Antoniou:
how much safer is driving your X around on rocks and rough terrain? I mean, honestly, i don't think it's such a big deal to drive faster, which everyone does in connecticut since th elimit is higher.
But I don't care about that, I'm just a little pissed that you guys got so damn touchy lol, I'm a new driver, this is my first car, im 17 for crying out loud, I just asked a question jesus christ.
No offence man, if you are 17 then you should definately not be driving such a heavy SUV at 100 mph.

#635546 - 22/10/04 06:26 AM Re: Highway trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Im willing to bet that Mommy and Daddy bought the X for you. Go ahead, drive like a madman in the X, you probably wont see your 18th birthday. But what do I know. You cant tell a 17yr old anything, they know it all.
Oh Dave, you're willing to bet that momomy and daddy bought me that X? Well I don't give a flying fuck. I did work 2 summer indeed, want a reference you cunt?

#635547 - 22/10/04 07:10 AM Re: Highway trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mr. WILL-What's with all the hostility my man? Chill out for sec and realize the members here are jus trying to help you out some. You sure do like to swear a lot too. Remeber you joined this board we did not go out and recruit YOU cause you are special or something. Relax and take it in stride. You already said you were wrong so drop it.

Not that reading about how you know everything isn't funny or anything. [Finger]

#635548 - 22/10/04 07:13 AM Re: Highway trouble
John Doe Offline

Loc: Chattanooga
This thread reminds me of this saying:

"A young man says an old man's a fool, but an old man knows a young man's a fool."

#635549 - 22/10/04 07:18 AM Re: Highway trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey big Willy-
So do you still have this "job" or is mommy and daddy now paying for this vehicle of yours?

#635550 - 22/10/04 08:07 AM Re: Highway trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Will...

#635551 - 22/10/04 11:38 AM Re: Highway trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

2 summers at a job to buy a new X. Good job for a kid.

Will, thanks for driving insurance rates up on teens so I can struggle covering my son when he turns 16 next year.

Driving 100+ on roads back east....I can't fathom it. My speed governor kicks in at 92mph in my 2002 Xterra. That was on a long stretch of straight deserted Arizona highway. Once.

Next time you go somewhere, time yourself - once driving like a maniac, and once again driving normally and within speed limits. You'll likely find you didn't save that much time and the lives you risked really aren't worth that 15 minutes you saved.

I won't jump all over you...enough other people already did that. I'm just telling you that as a young driver, you need to think about what could be the consequences of your actions. I had a couple bad wrecks when I was your age. It took that to put some sense into me. Hopefully you take this constructively and don't make a mistake you'll regret or one that gets you or someone else killed first before you realize that 100 mph in a boxy SUV is a stupid idea.

#635552 - 22/10/04 01:10 PM Re: Highway trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

What I think is funny is that almost everyone who's bitching at me says they had accidents at my age. So on the one hand i think, you guys are right, which you are and i already admitted that (but for some reason i keep getting shit), but on the other hand so far my driving record at 17, is better than most of yours at my age. I'm reading a lot about accidents at 16.

By the way, I wasn't originally the hostile one lol, look at the very beginning of this topic.

And again, I have admitted I was wrong lol, but don't fucking tell me that I didn't work my ass off for this car. No I don't have this job anymore because now I have to work my ass off to get into college.

My parents gave my $2,000 towards the car. The other 26 i earned by working at the fucking dump in my town at $14.25 and hour 6 days a week for 2 summers straight.

I can listen to the critisizm about the fast driving, but anyone who brings up "moomy and daddy" again can go fuck themselves as I've already said.

I drove a fucking used mercury tracer (with 46, ooo miles on it) for a year before I got this truck.

And at this point, it seems like I'm acting the most mature in a room full people older than me.

Don't remember who posted the thing about their son's insurance, but if you put him on your insurance, and then have him take the 6 hour defensive driving course it lowers the insurance a huge amount.

And, honestly I gave up on this forum awhile ago, but apparently some of you guys have such lame lives that the most eventuful thing you can is bitch at a 17 year old. peace

#635553 - 22/10/04 01:23 PM Re: Highway trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

You didn't make $26,000 working 2 summers.

#635554 - 22/10/04 01:30 PM Re: Highway trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

with added interest from the bank i did

#635555 - 22/10/04 09:08 PM Re: Highway trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
with added interest from the bank i did
lets do the math
lets say there are 11 weeks in the summer vacation, 11x6=66
ok, now an average work day is 8 hrs so 66x8=528
so now we do 528x14.25=7524
you did that for 2 summers so we do 7524x2=15048
you made $15048 net after 2 summers
now we factor in insurance, you would need to get a good 65% interest rate to come up with the extra cash, i do't know about you but i get like 1%, so lets do the math for that.
15048x1.01= $15198.48 minus the cost for insurance on your old car, taxes, and the old car itself, and whatever other little stuff you bought

so no you didn'nt

ok now that we got that out of the way.
I am 16 and got my liscence in december, since then i have been in 2 accidents, one of them major.
the major one was a rollover at 60mph in the backseat of a 98 mercury moutaineer at 12:30AM, noone was hut but it was still not fun and the -40 degree weather did not help.
the other one was just my buddy hitting a deer in his minivan.
Now I drive a 1984 Buick LeSabre (with 225,000miles on it) and the only reason i have that is because my grandfather passed away, and none of my other relatives wanted it. and i am not bitching about the car because it is MY car. my mom has the x and she lets me take it wheeling sometimes, and i have a blast doing it. but whenever i drive the x i don't want to roll again so i drive at the speed limit when i can but i live in the boonies, so all the roads are shitty, the result is that i drive under the speed limit most of the time and still feel like i am going fast. and i have driven to west virginia 3 times in the x since i got my liscence and have gone through connecticut and i have seen maybee 3 SUVs doing a good 90MPH, and i say "dumbass" whenever they pass me.

so all i want to say to all the smartass rich kids who's mommies and daddies bought them a nice vehicles and all they want to do is go treat them like what they arent is "shut up and fuck you"

#635556 - 23/10/04 02:09 AM Re: Highway trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

try 14 weeks a summer, 2x, 10 hours on weekedays, 8 on saturdays, with 1.9%, then add $2,000 from my parents, and one thousand or so from xmas, birthdays, easter, whatever the fuck

#635557 - 23/10/04 02:10 AM Re: Highway trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

also the old car was my mom's, so i didnt have to pay insurance on it

#635558 - 23/10/04 02:11 AM Re: Highway trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

and since you've had 2 accidents in less than a year, shut the fuck up

#635559 - 23/10/04 08:02 AM Re: Highway trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

i wasn't driving in either, in the moutaineer i was in the backseat as i said before, and the deer i was in the passenger seat

dumbass

#635560 - 23/10/04 08:03 AM Re: Highway trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

insurance follows the driver, not the car

#635561 - 23/10/04 08:36 AM Re: Highway trouble
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Quote:

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#635562 - 23/10/04 08:36 AM Re: Highway trouble
Ramness Offline

Quote:

#635563 - 23/10/04 08:37 AM Re: Highway trouble
Ramness Offline

Quote:
Yeah he said he was in the back seat... kinda hard to be driving from the backseat... unless you were doing something really stupid!

#635564 - 23/10/04 08:46 AM Re: Highway trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dude, the only reason you have the X is because your parents pay for everything else in your life, which gives you the opportunity to buy the X. either way you look at it, your parents are RESPONSIBLE for you having the X. I am not saying there is anything wrong with that, you worked hard... you got it, good for you. I am in a similar boat, although I wish I was 17 when I got mine... wait, no I don’t, cause then it would be older... and have more scratches, dents and damage... but anyway, I wouldn’t call you spoiled, just lucky, and your parents did help, so don’t deny it.

And on topic, speed kills… don’t do it. Also its too expensive to speed, more gas and more tickets.

#635565 - 23/10/04 09:17 AM Re: Highway trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I drove to Boston this weekend
whats a rich kid from New York doing in Boston?
where did you sit Will?
i dunno but i could be wrong, just a hunch

#635566 - 23/10/04 09:22 AM Re: Highway trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

so which do you want will, wheel or rice?

clicky

i say troll

#635567 - 23/10/04 09:40 AM Re: Highway trouble
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Will Antoniou:
I never said that I do it on a regular basis, I was in connecticut where the speed limit was higher, so I said WTF, I might as well try it.

dumbass, so the speed limit is what? 5 or 10 miles over new yorks. grow up

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal