Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#637756 - 09/01/06 02:22 PM Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

And it will be forever!
(if you have a gen 1 Xterra)

For all those who didn't do enough research to know that they were buying an SOHC motor that simply cannot get much faster without $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:

for good measure:

#637757 - 09/01/06 02:28 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

my stickers add horsepower bitch [Finger] [Finger] laugh

#637758 - 09/01/06 02:43 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mudx4x4:
my stickers add horsepower bitch [Finger] [Finger] laugh
Mine too!

XTERRA Type R

#637759 - 09/01/06 02:47 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm addin THIS to the roof!!!

HOOOZAAA!!! Got rice?

MGJ

#637760 - 09/01/06 06:51 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

rubberchicken, hahahhahahahah

#637761 - 09/01/06 07:03 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

ahahahhahahahaha

#637762 - 09/01/06 07:04 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

I like that green mustang in the background though cool

#637763 - 09/01/06 08:43 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
dezurtrat Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Nice pics Jeff!!!!! laugh

#637764 - 10/01/06 03:06 AM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey my truck it not slow....its special wink

#637765 - 10/01/06 12:17 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Shmittey:
So is mine, and that's why I love it laugh

#637766 - 11/01/06 06:50 AM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Shmittey:
Mine's especially slow. :p

Can't wait to upgrade from my '00 but it'll be a couple of years probably since we just bought the wife a new Murano.

brad cook

#637767 - 11/01/06 07:16 AM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
Quote:
Originally posted by mudx4x4:
[b]my stickers add horsepower bitch [Finger] [Finger] laugh
Mine too!

XTERRA Type R[/b]
Type R????

Your lame..I have the GT-R edition.. [Finger] laugh

#637768 - 11/01/06 11:18 AM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MarGinJoey:
I'm addin THIS to the roof!!!

HOOOZAAA!!! Got rice?

MGJ
Hi far do you think they fly that thing...i wonder if the gas tank will only allow for domestic flights?

#637769 - 11/01/06 03:29 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

bring on that big, oversized, hunk of shit gen 2, and I'll race ya. got a suprise that comes in a big blue bottle installed yesterday. only put up 50 but it lights the tires just fine. just got to figure out how to get the check engine light to stay off when i hit the little red "go go" button. laugh

#637770 - 11/01/06 03:43 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by sharpeshifter:
bring on that big, oversized, hunk of shit gen 2, and I'll race ya. got a suprise that comes in a big blue bottle installed yesterday. only put up 50 but it lights the tires just fine. just got to figure out how to get the check engine light to stay off when i hit the little red "go go" button. laugh
Good luck with that [ThumbsUp]

#637771 - 11/01/06 04:18 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

indeed, take pictures of the power plant when you break it [LOL]

#637772 - 13/01/06 02:33 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Look guys, you don't apparently get it. I've done alot with Nitrous before, including some turbo applications and ONE SC Xterra. A small shot fogged into the air intake isn't going to do much damage. These 3.3L's are stout little power plants. They can take a ton of abuse and come back screaming for more. A small shot is like a kick in the pants compared to the 150 shot on the SC that I did. I also installed alot of safety gear to keep it from being engaged too early. The stupid check engine light is from the O2 sensor recognizing a rich condition when I initially hit the button, not a knock sensor going haywire. I also previously overhauled the trans and installed a shift kit to improve the slush shift they have stock. The truck barks the tires through hard throttle, and will light them for 60ft or so on the spray. I AM considering a rear end upgrade for that joke of a rear gear that Nissan uses. I want to upgrade to a Ford 9" housing with Moser axles. Then, if I can locate one, I want to do a 3.3L turbo build. I've got a twin turbo setup off of an old 300Z that I want to experiment with. I think with the SC pistons installed and about 12-15lbs of boost, I could make about 400hp with the right parts.

#637773 - 13/01/06 04:12 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not knocking you...just wishing you "Good luck with that [ThumbsUp] "

#637774 - 13/01/06 06:51 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
.....I AM considering a rear end upgrade for that joke of a rear gear that Nissan uses. I want to upgrade to a Ford 9".....
A joke of a rear???

So a 9.25" R&P with bulletproof axles is a joke?

Perhaps you're the one who doesn't get it.

I don't care if you get 1000hp out of that motor (it's been done to VG series motors). It doesn't change the fact that a you're driving a 5000# truck.

#637775 - 13/01/06 06:53 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's rice, and then there's MINUTE RICE. laugh
Just kidding. [Laughing] I remember those days... we used to use cars, though. They were so much lighter; even the ones from Detroit. It'll just be a matter of time until somebody tries it in a "2nd gen piece of shit." It won't be me though. That thing goes plenty fast in 4lo. smile Edit: Come to think of it, I really wish that I could get it to go slower, sometimes. wink

#637776 - 18/01/06 02:52 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
Quote:
[b] .....I AM considering a rear end upgrade for that joke of a rear gear that Nissan uses. I want to upgrade to a Ford 9".....
A joke of a rear???

So a 9.25" R&P with bulletproof axles is a joke?

Perhaps you're the one who doesn't get it.

I don't care if you get 1000hp out of that motor (it's been done to VG series motors). It doesn't change the fact that a you're driving a 5000# truck.[/b]
whoa there Jeff W, I just don't like the factory rear for the X, don't get all bent. I like the 9" Ford because of versatility, and ease of ratio change. I'm trying to get more bang for the buck here, not start a war over rear axle. My point was, that the parts are more available for the 9" than the X's factory unit. I'm cleaning one up right now for mine so gear swaps are easier and more readily available. besides, what is YOUR definition of "bulletproof" anyway. I got a nodular chunk, 35 spline Moser 4x4 Axles and a reinforced 9" narrowed "big bearing" housing. Also the Detroit Locker is on the way.

#637777 - 20/01/06 12:50 PM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

So, let me do the math here.....

180hp stocker
50hp shot o' the gas
-----
230hp total, at the crank......

OK, say you've got exhaust, intake, headers and such..that would be what(?), another 25-30ponies?

That's still 260hp max.

And what kind of torque are you putting down?

Dyno sheet please!

If you wanna put it up against my 265hp and 287ftLbs of torque, then I'm your huckleberry. I'll even keep my stock rubber on, stock intake and my automatic. Hell, I'll even drink a Pepsi while doing it.

There's no replacement for displacement. 4.0 stock > 3.3 w/NOS

And yeah, my Fronty walks away from my own S/C 3.3, with my wife driving the Fronty!

#637778 - 21/01/06 01:13 AM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is quite amausing. [Argue] [Wave]

#637779 - 21/01/06 09:18 AM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok, cyclemut, you win. I'll just have to grab my 475hp/487lbft(dynoed)302 powered Ford F150 "toy" and then we CAN talk numbers. The X is better on gas, but the Ford is just a fun ride. I don't want to drag race all over town. I put on the gas for a shock factor. If you did want to run for pinks, however, I could up the ante with more of the fun stuff for a quicker run. I may lose the engine in the process, but I would end up with a better and lower mileage truck when i'm done. laugh Besides, I don't really like the idea of racing for pinks. I'd just assume we keep our vehicles where they are, and just go throw back a few and laugh about it anyway. [drink] [ThumbsUp]

#637780 - 21/01/06 09:44 AM Re: Your truck is SLOW....
Anonymous
Unregistered

So you'll race someone with a stock 4.0 Frontier with your modified 5.0 F150. Yeah, that's a fair race. [LOL] Just do your mods and show us what you got.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal