Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#638406 - 08/02/03 01:05 PM WRONG PULLEY!!!
BlueSCX Offline

Loc: Yuma, AZ
I just tried to install an ASP pulley from RPM outlet.com. I even bought their ASP puller. When I removed the stock pulley, it got bent. I insured the puller was on straight and flush. Then I went to install the new pulley...IT WAS THE WRONG ONE!!! The hole was 1mm too small! It's Saturday afternoon, This is my only car and I'm leaving for two weeks on Monday AM. My wife needs a car. I removed the belt and drove it. It runs but what a dog. Does anybody know if this will hurt my truck. Thank god for that damn by-pass!

#638407 - 08/02/03 01:29 PM Re: WRONG PULLEY!!!
Paco Pico Offline

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA
I will not hurt to drive it as is.

Are you sure the pulley is too small? Remember the shaft and pulley are press-fit, so there is no taper...the pulley should not be able to slide on by hand.

I used the pulley boys puller and pulley, so I am not sure of the difference between it and the ASP one, though on mine they recommended liberally coating the shaft and pulley with never-sieze before installation. This is to help with the installation since it is a press-fit.

As well you could try to heat the new pulley on a hot plate before installing it(remember to use gloves when handling), as the heat will expand the pulley, and give you more clearance.

Good luck!

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal