Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#639523 - 02/02/05 10:07 AM Re: NOS systems
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Quote:
[b]Hey! listen to me! I'm gonna put NOS on my Xterra, and run 9's on a quarter mile!!! That piss you off Xterra owners???
No, that won't piss anybody off. That will make us laugh. Dumbass. An Xterra isn't going to be a 9 second car in a quarter mile, with or without nitrous. Lets say you get a 100 shot in there. That puts you, still, at under 300 hp to the rear wheels. You think 300 hp in a 4,000 lb rig is going to get you into the 9s? Maybe into the 11s...[/b]
You know what, your right... I should go lift my Xterra, put on some big tires, and just try to be like an actual offroading vehicle. Or maybe I should stay with the whole NOS idea, go over 100 on the highway, slightly mention it on this forum and get spammed and lectured by a bunch of people that feel absolutely obligated to inform me of they're bullcrap theories. Spare me the drama and shut the fuck up laugh

#639524 - 02/02/05 05:32 PM Re: NOS systems
Anonymous
Unregistered

read me

#639525 - 02/02/05 07:09 PM Re: NOS systems
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK now kids, let's keep it clean.

#639526 - 02/02/05 07:14 PM Re: NOS systems
ButterBean Offline

Loc: Walla Walla
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Xterra:
OK now kids, let's keep it clean.
My mother told me not to talk to strangers

#639527 - 02/02/05 07:37 PM Re: NOS systems
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Or maybe I should stay with the whole NOS idea, go over 100 on the highway, slightly mention it on this forum and get spammed and lectured by a bunch of people that feel absolutely obligated to inform me of they're bullcrap theories
dont think im flamin cuz im not, but i dont know much about nitrous but its your truck, do as you please, i'd just like to say, go ahead and go over 100 on the highway...you know its an SUV right? it can go fast if you push it...but nitro, rims and subs are gonna be wasted when you roll it over because you had to abruptly turn to avoid something...just my .02

#639528 - 03/02/05 04:34 AM Re: NOS systems
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mudx4x4:
when you roll it over because you had to abruptly turn to avoid something...just my .02
My X will not go over 95MPH before the limiter kicks in. I wonder how this would affect a NOS boost?

#639529 - 03/02/05 10:23 AM Re: NOS systems
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hope you are not serious about using NOS on the stock X. You do know you will blow the motor for sure. The block is not setup for that. But hey, if you want to learn the hard way, it's your truck not mine. Good luck, you will need it.

#639530 - 03/02/05 06:55 PM Re: NOS systems
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Hey! listen to me! I'm gonna put NOS on my Xterra, and run 9's on a quarter mile!!! That piss you off Xterra owners???
No, that won't piss anybody off. That will make us laugh. Dumbass. An Xterra isn't going to be a 9 second car in a quarter mile, with or without nitrous. Lets say you get a 100 shot in there. That puts you, still, at under 300 hp to the rear wheels. You think 300 hp in a 4,000 lb rig is going to get you into the 9s? Maybe into the 11s...[/b]
More like 800Hp to get a 4,000 pound vehicle to run 11's.

#639531 - 03/02/05 06:56 PM Re: NOS systems
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by XTERRANJJOE:
I hope you are not serious about using NOS on the stock X. You do know you will blow the motor for sure. The block is not setup for that. But hey, if you want to learn the hard way, it's your truck not mine. Good luck, you will need it.
So enlighten me, what dose the block have to do with any of it? Do you have any research to back up your statement?

#639532 - 03/02/05 07:00 PM Re: NOS systems
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Just_Blue:
Anyway, on to the NOS. infinatenexus you say that I'll have to pull back my timing? Explain how I'd pull that off? (piggyback ECU?)

Allready running premium...

You also say that I can't spray below 3,000 RPM because the air won't be at a high enough velocity? I understand how that would apply to a NA engine, but my engine is S/C, so I'm simply guessing that the same wouldn't apply.

Colder spark plugs? What?

Anyway, thanks for the information!
I am not that familiar with the ECU on the X-terra. I know on my Honda's the ECU is set up to retard the timing as the boost/N2O level increases, it helps to ward off detonation.

Yes, you can't spray under 3,000 RPM's, there is simply not enough air flow to carry the extra fuel + N20 and maintain the proper atomization.

The colder spark plugs also help create a buffer to prevent detonation. Basically its detonation in most cases that kills a motor while running N2O not the actual power it creates.

#639533 - 08/02/05 09:49 AM Re: NOS systems
Anonymous
Unregistered

Research? lol
I tell you what, you put NOS in your stock X, and get back to me with the results.

#639534 - 08/02/05 09:55 AM Re: NOS systems
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
You know what, your right... I should go lift my Xterra, put on some big tires, and just try to be like an actual offroading vehicle. Or maybe I should stay with the whole NOS idea, go over 100 on the highway, slightly mention it on this forum and get spammed and lectured by a bunch of people that feel absolutely obligated to inform me of they're bullcrap theories. Spare me the drama and shut the fuck up laugh [/b]
Hey. Do whatever you please. So far, acting like a dumb ass is all you've shown you can do. By all means, make your X into a 9s car. Good luck to 'ya. But you've been watching way too much Fast & Furious, if you think you can do it w/ just some nitrous in a 4,000 lb rig.

You'd have a better chance of launching an Xterra to the moon...

#639535 - 08/02/05 10:15 AM Re: NOS systems
Anonymous
Unregistered

What does the block have to do with NOS? Everything! Why in the world would you put NOS to a stock block? Do you actually think the stock pistons, rings, etc... can handle it? I think not. Yeah maybe for a short time, but it will sure put some serious wear and tear on the motor.

But what do i know.You seem to be the expert. So go on with your bad self. Hook it up.
Go PIMP your ride. lol [LOL]

#639536 - 08/02/05 05:04 PM Re: NOS systems
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
What does the block have to do with NOS? Everything! Why in the world would you put NOS to a stock block? Do you actually think the stock pistons, rings, etc... can handle it? I think not. Yeah maybe for a short time, but it will sure put some serious wear and tear on the motor.

But what do i know.You seem to be the expert. So go on with your bad self. Hook it up.
Go PIMP your ride. lol [LOL]
You are not referring to the block, you are referring to the internal components, They are completely different dimensions of discussion. I am willing to bet that with proper tuning, the 3.3 could take a 100 Shot DP(Direct Port) with no ill side effects, for an very extended amount of time. Once again, proper tuning is the key to longevity. If you don’t cheap out, get a programmable engine management system, and utilize a “nitrous controler”

I find it amusing, you chastise me, yet you have no facts to back it up. I am no “expert” on N2O but I have used it off and on for about 15 years, how much first hand experience do you have with it?

#639537 - 12/02/05 03:55 PM Re: NOS systems
Anonymous
Unregistered

You are right. Why are people chastizing you without facts or information. NOS has been done successfully, without toasting the engine, for a boost of power off road. Check out some other sites on Xterras where they will answer the question based on fact and experience. Not superficial knowledge or false beliefs. Hell with this attitude, we would still be riding horses and discussing whether hay or oats make them fart better. Just answer the damn question.

#639538 - 12/02/05 08:12 PM Re: NOS systems
Anonymous
Unregistered

The first question I always ask when somebody asks about adding nitrous to a car is "What purpose do you want it for?".

There are stupid uses like "I'm sick of getting beat at stoplights" and better ones like "I'm just a mod-aholic". smile

#639539 - 13/02/05 04:08 PM Re: NOS systems
ButterBean Offline

Why you dont use NOS

#639540 - 14/02/05 07:45 AM Re: NOS systems
stormy Offline

Loc: NH
Ummm... so whats the story behind that? NO2 doesn't just blow up without a spark.

#639541 - 14/02/05 12:53 PM Re: NOS systems
ButterBean Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by stormy:
Ummm... so whats the story behind that? NO2 doesn't just blow up without a spark.
He left his bottle heater on. Which built up pressure

#639542 - 14/02/05 02:38 PM Re: NOS systems
stormy Offline

He must have installed the heater WITHOUT the thermostat... If thats the case, then it is user error, not the no2 by itself.

Bottle heater instruction

#639543 - 15/02/05 05:22 AM Re: NOS systems
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
He left his bottle heater on. Which built up pressure
All that proves is that he is an idiot.

#639544 - 15/02/05 06:07 AM Re: NOS systems
Anonymous
Unregistered

Again, what is the purpose of useing NOS on a 4,000 LB truck? Wat do you think you will accomplish?
Waste of money, and time.

#639545 - 15/02/05 06:32 AM Re: NOS systems
stormy Offline

Quote:
Again, what is the purpose of useing NOS on a 4,000 LB truck? Wat do you think you will accomplish?
Waste of money, and time.
With that thought process, why do people install intakes and exhaust systems? With the two install together, you might get 10hp gain... if that. An NO2 kit is roughly the same cost. A flip of a switch when you want the extra pop and its there. It adds quite a bit of real power to the truck.

#639546 - 15/02/05 09:38 AM Re: NOS systems
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't understand why everybody on this forum has to keep on reiterating the fact of the Xterra's curb weight as a reason to why anybody that's willing to bump the hp is crazy. Simply put I want more power, but I want it on specific occasions.

This is the exact reason why I don't like the people on this site. Instead of giving valid information to my question, everybody would much rather give irrelevant opinions. The whole point of a car site's existence is to better the car's performance in all aspects, but how are we going to better the car's performance if nobody is willing to give any valid information. This topic could have been killed pages back, but nobody seems to be willing enough to give off any factual evidence of the Xterra's breaking point.

Maybe I'm the only one noticing, but it seems that 50% of the information that is given on this site is motivated by asinine behavior. 50% of the time somebody gave some information was because some fool on the internet called his bluff, cussed him out on the topic, made him look like an idiot, which only motivated the other to finally whip out his limitless information based on the topic, only in an effort to make the other look like an idiot. Instead of going through this process why can't we just give off factual information and stop it with the opinions.

I guarantee that when most of you people signed on to this site you were thinking
"I wonder how I can improve my Xterra"
Some of you may have been thinking within the area of offroading, some within sound systems, and some within simple cosmetics. But the truth is that we all signed onto this site bearing the same thought of improvement of our vehicles. So if we all came onto the same site with relatively the same thought, then why are we all so critical of each others wishes? I'm sure many of you probably consider it stupid to put NOS on the Xterra, but trust me your opinion on that subject is just as strong as my opinion on raising an Xterra. I could lay out my reasons onto why I consider it so pointless, but I don't. I try to give off the most information that I have based on that topic in hopes that I can better ones dreams of what he wants to be done on his Xterra. So in my effort to better yalls wishes why don't we all do the same to each other? If you don't understand why somebody is doing something to their vehicle, then don't critic it with opinions, but rather give off the most information that you know regarding the topic, and understand that that person is asking that question because he came onto this site with the same thoughts as you. "I wonder how I can better the Xterra".

Now if you still want reasons as to why I want NOS on my truck than here they are.

- I'd rather pay some 500 bucks for some 100 horsepower when I need it, than put so much money into intake/exhaust for only some 10 RWHP. Logically it makes sense, I get more power for less money, all I want to know is:

1. If it's possible to put NOS on the X?
2. If so, how big of a shot of NOS can the X hold?

I'm know I have other questions, but I'd first like to see factual proof of answers to my questions.

Anyway, I'm off to go write an english paper smile

Later yall

#639547 - 15/02/05 12:51 PM Re: NOS systems
stormy Offline

Quote:

1. If it's possible to put NOS on the X?
2. If so, how big of a shot of NOS can the X hold?
Yes it is possible

I installed the NOS-05130 wet kit (75HP jetting) with no issues at all.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal