Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#641976 - 06/02/03 03:30 PM Bolt on S/C kit available
Aero Steve Offline

Loc: Land of OZ - Home of the Jayha...
I haven't seen this on here before: Alpine Developments Supercharger Kit The VG33E is listed as one their applications. I don't know anything about it, so don't ask me anything.

#641977 - 06/02/03 05:11 PM Re: Bolt on S/C kit available
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Hmmm, interesting. Wonder what their story is? Might have to call them and see what all is included.

#641978 - 06/02/03 08:47 PM Re: Bolt on S/C kit available
XmtbX00 Offline

Loc: Denver
Xterra not listed on Alpine-Developments website. confused

#641979 - 06/02/03 09:44 PM Re: Bolt on S/C kit available
Miikkaa Offline

Loc: Central New Jersey, United Sta...
Quote:
Originally posted by XmtbX00:
Xterra not listed on Alpine-Developments website. confused
Just click on Steve's link. It'll take you to the state-side site. The "American" link isn't updated on the official SA site.

Michael AKA Miikkaa

Earth people suck.

#641980 - 06/02/03 09:52 PM Re: Bolt on S/C kit available
smooth Offline

Loc: Tucson,az
I saw an article about the alpine supercharger in a import magazine. As fas as i know the xterra supercharger is still in devolpment. But i have seen a pic on one installed on a 2002 xterra. It was in HCI magazine a few months ago.

#641981 - 06/02/03 10:40 PM Re: Bolt on S/C kit available
KevinNC Offline

Loc: NC
You guys are too easy! Man oh man! OK here is the REAL deal!!! I've (my wife's dads next door neighbor's uncle works for NASA and he lets me use his tools) developed an exhaust tip that is a direct bolt on application that guarantees 50+ horsepower. Send me a cashiers check or money order and seriouly man, shippings guaranteed!!!
WHO'S FIRST?
laugh

#641982 - 07/02/03 05:20 AM Re: Bolt on S/C kit available
njs1stlt Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
PDF install link on an Isuzu

Isuzu Install Link

You think this is a scam fella's?
BTW it says the kit for the X is for 00-03...hmmmm dont think the 00-01 has the hood clearance, anyway my 2.5 cents

#641983 - 07/02/03 05:44 AM Re: Bolt on S/C kit available
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
They advertise the blower as being an Eaton MP62, which has quite different dimensions than the M62 that Nissan uses.

So who's going to be the first to send $2899 by PayPal to a company with a website hosted on a Road Runner residential web space ?

Search for 'Eaton MP62' and you'll find plenty of places to buy one.

#641984 - 07/02/03 06:27 AM Re: Bolt on S/C kit available
njs1stlt Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Ok let's do some arithmatic:
$2899 on bootleg website= Stay Stock which= better MPG, not that I'm getting that much more. wink

#641985 - 07/02/03 07:46 PM Re: Bolt on S/C kit available
Strom Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Maybe someone could go visit them and see if it's legit? There are lots of members in Austin...

If not, maybe I could call them and plan a trip.

#641986 - 07/02/03 08:08 PM Re: Bolt on S/C kit available
ChuckH Offline

Yeah, their site makes them seem pretty flakey so I would definately want to do some research. However, I would not totally push them aside based on their ability (or lack thereof) to create a professional website.

#641987 - 07/02/03 08:39 PM Re: Bolt on S/C kit available
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
The company is about five minutes from my house... I'll try and go check em out on Monday... if I remember [Too much XOC] ... someone P.M. me Monday a.m. and remind me... but, is this really worth $3k to you guys? confused

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#641988 - 07/02/03 08:44 PM Re: Bolt on S/C kit available
ChuckH Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by austinbrtndr:
The company is about five minutes from my house... I'll try and go check em out on Monday... if I remember [Too much XOC] ... someone P.M. me Monday a.m. and remind me... but, is this really worth $3k to you guys? confused
It is if it's a real product, good quality, and I can come up with the cash! I've seen some superb bolt on supercharger kits for other vehicles that I would drop money on in a heartbeat. With my Xterra pushing 5,000 lbs unloaded I need to do something!

I emailed the kit manufacturer too and hope to hear from them.

#641989 - 16/02/03 06:44 PM Re: Bolt on S/C kit available
smooth Offline

Loc: Tucson,az
So has anyone be able to contact the company yet? Or has anyone been able to swing by and look at the supercharger yet? Im curious about the quality and reliability of this company.

#641990 - 17/02/03 11:13 PM Re: Bolt on S/C kit available
ChuckH Offline

I got an email form the manufacturer after enquiring. Basically, the kit is not ready but should be ready to ship mid March and they hope to have CARB approval by the end of March. Adds about 48 HP and 38 lbs of torque. Comes with a 1 year unlimited mileage warranty and they will offer a 3 year warranty at extra cost. Price will be $2,900. Comes with everything you need to do the install and is assembled as much as possible. I have a picture of the kit installed in a 2003 Xterra but can't figure out how to save it to a picture file from a Word Document. ANyone know?

The company is based in South Africa and they are in the process of setting up US distributors and authorized installation shops, etc. Looks promising and I will have to try and save some money.

Oh, looking at the picture it appears that '00's and '01's will need hood modifications for fit. They have not yet installed it on anything but an '03 so they don't know if the hood will fit but it is sticking up a bit. Looks like a nice kit. Email me if you want the Word document emailed to you.

#641991 - 27/02/03 07:09 PM Re: Bolt on S/C kit available
Strom Offline

Does anyone know if those numbers are at the wheels or at the flywheel?

#641992 - 27/02/03 09:58 PM Re: Bolt on S/C kit available
Strom Offline

Just figured out it's wheel horsepower.

Also, I figured out that I have met the guy who is distributing these kits for the Southwest. His name is Tone Monday, and he owns an Isuzu VehiCross that has an Alpine Developments Supercharger on it. I met him at an SCCA RallyCross event, and he was really nice - he let me check out everything about his truck (this was pre-supercharger).

Once I realized I knew him, I started emailing him. This is the real deal, and I would trust him with my truck.

Here are some quotes from his emails with me:
Quote:
I can do the install for you here in Austin if you like or it really is not that hard to do yourself.

CARB certification is really only an issue in places like California but I expect us to pass as the other kits have. This kit looks as good or better than the factory kit and in someways is better and more powerful without being too much. Smaller pulleys are certainly an option but we will need to test and ensure the computer can keep up with the right amount of fuel. Sometimes we'll need to add an extra injector and/or a UniChip. 5.5 PSI is certainly possible with the MP62 but we start at a more conservative 4 for better reliability but stage kits are coming.
Quote:
UniChip and or extra injector usually adds another $200-500 including the pulley but the stage kits will be coming only after extensive testing - this company does not take chances with other people's engines.
Quote:
FIrst time install will probably take you the better part of the weekend,( I can do the Isuzu kit in about 6 hrs now) count on at least a day and a half. It only requires normal hand tools and if you've ever replaced a waterpump or intake manifold, you can do it. I'd be happy to come down and consult or help for a reasonable price - I'm pretty easy. The install instructions for the Isuzu kit as an exampleare here: http://homepage.mac.com/amonday/FileSharing12.html - they are working on the Nissan kit instructions now.
Thus, it seems that they will be coming out with stages, and that these kits are self-installable if you have some knowledge of vehicles. The stages may include things like engine management computers, higher PSI pulleys, and maybe even intercoolers. This finally looks like a reasonably priced answer for those who don't have supercharged Xterras and want more power - even for those in California, hopefully!

You can actually order one here:
http://tonemonday.com/

He is really looking forward to getting word out on the market and getting some kits out there so that everyone can see how quality they are. Email him at tone@vehicross.info for more information or to answer any questions I or the web page haven't.

#641993 - 27/02/03 10:20 PM Re: Bolt on S/C kit available
ChuckH Offline

Awesome stuff!

Only thing I can't figure out is how they can get that much power at the wheels with just 5 PSI of boost? AM I missing something?

I really don't want much more than 5 PSI anyway because my engine already has 78K on it and will porbably have 90K by the time I can do this, so I am looking for 40 to 50 HP at the crank but more is OK too! laugh

#641994 - 27/02/03 10:24 PM Re: Bolt on S/C kit available
Strom Offline

I'm not sure those are the final numbers. Maybe there will be more in mid-March. I will let you know if I get any updates from him!

#641995 - 27/02/03 10:25 PM Re: Bolt on S/C kit available
Tone Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
The numbers we use are Rear Wheel Horsepower since that is what really matters. Alpine kits are as reliable as the factory systems while allowing for ‘stage‘ kits in the future. But a stock motor can only take so much before other expensive mods must be performed to safely handle it.

There will be NO question about the performance of this kit any time you step on the throttle.

A ‘ blown VehiCROSS (which weighs almost 4,000lbs) will take a stock one by 2-3 lengths at takeoff and continue stretching that lead throughout the 1/4!

#641996 - 27/02/03 10:33 PM Re: Bolt on S/C kit available
ChuckH Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tone:
The numbers we use are Rear Wheel Horsepower since that is what really matters. Alpine kits are as reliable as the factory systems while allowing for ‘stage‘ kits in the future. But a stock motor can only take so much before other expensive mods must be performed to safely handle it.

There will be NO question about the performance of this kit any time you step on the throttle.

A ‘ blown VehiCROSS (which weighs almost 4,000lbs) will take a stock one by 2-3 lengths at takeoff and continue stretching that lead throughout the 1/4!
Wow...great to have you here! As you can surely tell there are a few of us who are very interested in this kit. It's not in my budget right now but I will be saving pennies for sure!

THere is still one question that keeps floating around in my head. Has this kit been fitted in an older Xterra? I'm wondering if it has a lower profile than the Nissan charger so it sits lower and will clear the older hoods. Do you know? If possible I would like to avoid modifying the hood and stealth is always good. smile

Thanks a bunch for joining us here and answering questions!

#641997 - 27/02/03 10:54 PM Re: Bolt on S/C kit available
Tone Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Thanks guys and sorry for the amateur website - new one is up @ http://tonemonday.com/ - more dyno numbers and the install instructions to be up soon. I have seen the kit on an ‘02 Xterra before SEMA and it is a pretty low profile kit. Our kit for the Isuzu clears the hood on ALL models including the VehiCROSS that has the lowest profile. Our kits have historically NOT required ANY fabrication or modification of the vehicle and I would not expect this fact to change. We’ll tool up and make it fit for those years or we won’t sell it.

Any of your owners here in Austin want to check out this kit, I’d be happy to demo it or race you for pink slip - call (512.636.0538) or email me and we’ll get together. I expect to be in Houston in the next 20 days or so and will certainly let Brad see and drive it. We have over 30 of the Isuzu kits out there without issue and I have recently started shipping to Japan, Ecuador and Italy - amazing what can happen from a residential RR website huh?

I also distribute for a company which offers a muffler that I guarantee will add 15+ RWHP - I didn’t believe it, got one and installed it with dyno runs before and after and it DOES what they say. Great, non-rice sound and performance to back it up. Price has just recently dropped to $130 delivered. Manufacture’s web site here:
http://www.pvmufflers.com/id4.htm Muffler on the left is the new 6cyl version.

100+ Isuzu’s (many SuperCharged) will be in Moab, May 13-17 for our 6th Annual Event - the extra torque and power is great in 4L! If any of you are out there, stop on by the Portal Campgrounds and make some runs with us.

#641998 - 09/03/03 09:52 PM Re: Bolt on S/C kit available
Strom Offline

Is anyone considering getting one of these? Would a group buy be feasible if I could work it out with Tone?

#641999 - 09/03/03 10:45 PM Re: Bolt on S/C kit available
ChuckH Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Strom:
Is anyone considering getting one of these? Would a group buy be feasible if I could work it out with Tone?
I very seriously would like this but can't afford it right now. frown Perhaps I could come up with deposit for one though to lock in a group buy? Would have to be $1K or less though probably.

#642000 - 10/03/03 07:20 AM Re: Bolt on S/C kit available
Smokey7385 Offline

Loc: Arkansas
Tone,
I have a '02 Nissan Frontier with the 2.4L four banger. Is there any possibility of a turbo charger kit for this application in the near furture? There have been several on "The Unoffical Nissan Frontier" site (http://pub30.ezboard.com/btunfs) who have expressed interest in this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal