2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#642 - 19/01/06 07:19 AM dash lights burnt out???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I was on my way to work today with the lights on, when all of a sudden all the dash lights went black. the dash lights and the illumanation on the cd player and heater controls all turned off. Is there a fuse that could have burnt out that controls all of this??

#643 - 19/01/06 07:35 AM Re: dash lights burnt out???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, check all the fuses.

Also, when lights are on step outside and check whether your sidemarkers are on. If your sidemarkers are also off then it's harness issue and can be fixed for $150 at any Nissan Dealer.

#644 - 19/01/06 07:49 AM Re: dash lights burnt out???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well i checked the sidemarker lights and they are also burnt out. Is this for sure a harness issue?

#645 - 19/01/06 07:53 AM Re: dash lights burnt out???
Anonymous
Unregistered

The problem is normally in the fuse box under the hood and not only are your dash lights out but your driving lights could be out too. The fuse is under the hood and marked "TAIL".

If it continues to blow then normally the short lies in one of the marker lights on the front bumper right behind the light assembly. It can be fixed with a roll of electrical tape.

[Smoking]

#646 - 19/01/06 07:59 AM Re: dash lights burnt out???
Anonymous
Unregistered

I will have to check all the fuses when i get the chance today. I know that my lights and tail lights were working, simply because it was dark out when i was driving. Hopefully it's not the whole damn harness that needs replacement, that would be a major pain in the ass.

#647 - 19/01/06 08:08 AM Re: dash lights burnt out???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
The problem is normally in the fuse box under the hood and not only are your dash lights out but your driving lights could be out too. The fuse is under the hood and marked "TAIL".

If it continues to blow then normally the short lies in one of the marker lights on the front bumper right behind the light assembly. It can be fixed with a roll of electrical tape.

[Smoking]
That's the exact issue that I was describing, only mine was a little more severe and the harness had to be replaced.

#648 - 19/01/06 08:08 AM Re: dash lights burnt out???
Southernx7 Offline

Loc: Sunny Florida
Had the same issue 2 years ago after installing a new stereo. Marker lights and all interior dash lights did not work. I pulled the dimmer plug and ran a wire from the power side of the dimmer to the accessory part of a toggle switch that I set up with seperate power and ground. I had originally bought a wiring harness to attatch the new cd player to the harness of the truck but it wouldn't work so I had to snip the wires and attatch them to the cd player wires. Somewhere in this project a wire that must run in series from the dimmer to control the brightness of the stock cd player must not have been reattatched. So now I can manually turn off and on the marker lights and interior dash lights by the flip of a toggle switch. This might not be the best way about it but it's been working for 2 years.

#649 - 19/01/06 10:11 AM Re: dash lights burnt out???
Anonymous
Unregistered

does anyone know what would suddenly cause a blow out like this. i'm pretty sure it was numerious fuses that went. I don't think that it's one fuse that controls the complete interior illumination

#650 - 19/01/06 10:16 AM Re: dash lights burnt out???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yep, it's just one fuse. It sure was on mine.

#651 - 19/01/06 10:20 AM Re: dash lights burnt out???
Anonymous
Unregistered

really? hmm before i start worring about harness changes and what not, i'll replace the fuse, and see how long it last :rolleyes: just to cut down on my searching time, I take it that it's a fuse under the dash, labbled illumination or something??

#652 - 19/01/06 11:17 AM Re: dash lights burnt out???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nope. The fuse is under the hood. I don't remember which one it is but I do remember that it's a 15 amp.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal