Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#646310 - 01/01/06 05:35 PM Re: Flowmaster
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mostly_Harmless:
Dude you don't want back pressure. The faster you can get the exhaust out of the car the faster you can get air in the car. The bigger pipes will be fine.
you want a little backpressure unless you are insane for RPM (not with the 3.3L) 2.5" exhaust is too big for the X unless you are running single exit pipe on the SC or with a turbo. 2.25" is perfect for the NA engine for maintaining torque. I run a 40 series because i like the noise, and the fact that "loud pipes save lives" no jackass in their right mind would pull into your lane if they could hear you coming! if they did i'd just ram them! smile

#646311 - 02/01/06 12:52 AM Re: Flowmaster
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by billyburger:
Quote:
Originally posted by ShuttleX:
[b]Heard some of the same stuff
been going to the same muffler place for years and have always liked the 50 series flowmaster which is what i just put on my 05 along w/ the K&N FIPK
AWESOME, love it
from what i what told the design of the 40 vs. 50 series and why the 40 is louder, don't know if there is a pic online but at this shop and maybe one nearest u if u look at one of them cut in half u can see that the 40 series is a what they call a two chamber and the 50 is a 3 chamber from what i have been told
heard the 3 chamber creates better performance gains and the sound is deeper
i would get only a 50 not a 40
Have you seen a noticable difference in performance?

Also, I'm really curious about the sound...any way you could put up a sound clip (or anyone else with an 05 for that matter)? I had a Flowmaster 40 on my 04 but I'm really wondering what it would sound like on my 05.

The same...different?[/b]
http://www.xterraownersclub.com/forums.html

#646312 - 08/01/06 02:26 PM Re: Flowmaster
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have heard a few people say that U cant run dual exhaust on a Xterra. IS that true? I assume there would we too much back pressure or something. I just wanted to here if it can be done safley, cause i wanna run dual flowmaster 40's with 2.5 in. pipes.

#646313 - 11/01/06 03:57 PM Re: Flowmaster
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Xterrarob04:
I have heard a few people say that U cant run dual exhaust on a Xterra. IS that true? I assume there would we too much back pressure or something. I just wanted to here if it can be done safley, cause i wanna run dual flowmaster 40's with 2.5 in. pipes.
duals are possible with a good exhaust shop to do it. 2" is all that is needed to run duals, and if you want the look then run 2.5 for the last 1.5 to 2' of pipe you don't want to run 2.5" because you will lose all performance and a ton on fuel mileage. a crossover pipe will help the balance between the 2 sides of theengine and might actually work for your benefit. I bought pre-bent pipe and took my X to work to do the pipes myself, but your better off finding an exhaust shop to do it for you.

#646314 - 13/01/06 07:51 PM Re: Flowmaster
Anonymous
Unregistered

sounds like will just stick with my 2.5 in single outlet Maganaflow. I mean it is an Xterra and not like a V8 or a hemi or something like that. [drink]

#646315 - 14/01/06 06:35 AM Re: Flowmaster
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
I have duals on my X..It's very possible..Yeah sure it's not a V8 but with the duals and the Flowmaster 50 series it's sounds really good.. wink

#646316 - 14/01/06 09:24 AM Re: Flowmaster
Anonymous
Unregistered

NICE NICE!!!!!!!!! [drink]

Wat size pipes u running, i am afraid to run 2.5's on a dual, i was thinking about doing 2.25

#646317 - 14/01/06 10:07 AM Re: Flowmaster
RI Xterra Offline

I went with 2.25" pipping..

#646318 - 16/01/06 02:55 PM Re: Flowmaster
Anonymous
Unregistered

RI Xterra: that setup you have looks deadly! what exactly do you have for piping? Is it just a catback setup? or does it go all the way to the header?

#646319 - 16/01/06 04:44 PM Re: Flowmaster
Anonymous
Unregistered

ITs illegal to remove the Catylitic Converter, at least in VA it is. DUnno about anywhere else. and how the hell could u tell if u was running strait pipes by just looking at the picture, u would have to look under the car, no offense, just wandering how u came up with that observation. [drink]

#646320 - 16/01/06 04:46 PM Re: Flowmaster
Anonymous
Unregistered

OOOPS, sry, didnt read completely what u were saying, TIME TO GO TO BED!!, no wander shocked shocked

#646321 - 20/01/06 11:35 AM Re: Flowmaster
RI Xterra Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kowalsy:
RI Xterra: that setup you have looks deadly! what exactly do you have for piping? Is it just a catback setup? or does it go all the way to the header?
That's just a cat-back...

If someone actually made a set of headers for our rigs then I would have gone with true duals..

#646322 - 20/01/06 11:49 AM Re: Flowmaster
Anonymous
Unregistered

SLR has a set of headers. I'm currently putting them on my truck. And I must say, they are DAMN good looking headers, too.

Whatever problems they used to have w/ 'em, they definately don't anymore.

So now you can go w/ true duals...

#646323 - 21/01/06 08:33 AM Re: Flowmaster
Anonymous
Unregistered

---I just put Flowmasters 50 series (offset model) on my '06mt off-road and used all flex brackets and stainless (1 ft) tips all welded. the sound is very pleasing and has GOOD raps-- [Spit] [Spit] JIMBO

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal