Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#647784 - 04/02/08 10:33 AM Re: All of a sudden my X is "spuddering"
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Rod H:
I replaced # 6 injector on Saturday. I've put about 40 miles on the X since then and I have not had a missfire. The old injector measured 14 ohms so it must be clogged.

The currious thing is I had the same issue with my q45 within 24 hours of the Xterra starting to missfire. #2 injector was bad on the Q45??? Do these Nissan vehicles talk to each other when were not around?
Did you buy gas for both vehicles around the same time at the same station? Maybe they had some bad gas?

#647785 - 06/02/08 07:05 PM Re: All of a sudden my X is "spuddering"
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Ah...the engine sputter... See what you all think of this one...

Was driving fine. Sitting in the McDonald's drive thru, it suddenly (and I do mean suddenly) started sputtering. Managed to get out of the drive through and it died. Utterly and completely. Cranks, but no start.

At the mechanics, the codes were showing bad O2 sensors, bad knock sensor, bad crank position sensor (I think that's what he said). Also low fuel pressure.

They replaced 2 O2 sensors to see what would happen with the codes then. Apparently, now it's throwing all kinds of codes. They *think* the ECU may be failing.

Any guesses? I am finding it hard to convince myself to be putting more than $1200 into a truck that is 8 years old with about 130,000 miles on it. That was the estimate for just the O2 sensors and knock sensor.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#647786 - 07/02/08 11:29 AM Re: All of a sudden my X is "spuddering"
KCX Offline

Loc: Kansas
UPDATE:

I'm so excited! Put the new distributor in last night...and she runs like she was 1 day old smile I can't believe I put it off for 4 months, but I guess I kept looking at other possible problems first before I spend $200 on a new distributor....thank god that was it!

BTW, the codes I got with a bad distributor was a misfire code/crankshaft sensor and knock sensor. My old CSS was good, but still put a new sensor in.

Sorry to hear your news Mobycat. I feel the same with my X when something goes wrong.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal