Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#65367 - 24/07/03 08:53 PM In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Read more about the ShrockWorks ShrockBars in this in-depth review which is accompanied by a special limited-time offer, saving you $100. Enjoy!

#65368 - 24/07/03 09:15 PM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
Nice review. (We still need some pics of them in action though)

I would have liked to have taken advantage of the discount and free shipping, but I'm happy mine showed up this past Monday.

The sliders are everything I expected and more - not to mention the fact that Jim Shrake is a pleasure to do business with. From his customer service to the quality of his products, everything is first rate.

Can't wait to go test them out on some rocks this weekend! laugh

- Christian

#65369 - 24/07/03 10:47 PM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
How long did delivery take, Christian?

#65370 - 25/07/03 04:48 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Let me get this straight. Did you just state that these sliders are on sale ($100.00 off), and have free shipping? If so, what time does this sale end? Can I get them in silver?

confused

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#65371 - 25/07/03 06:08 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Let me get this straight. Did you just state that these sliders are on sale ($100.00 off), and have free shipping? If so, what time does this sale end? Can I get them in silver?

confused
Sean,
this is what it says..Its a $100 total off.

"Special Limited-Time Offer!

Xterra Firma members that mention this review - will receive $25 off of the regular purchase price as well as free shipping (additional $75 value) for two weeks (starting 7/25/03 and ending 8/08/03). That's $100 in savings! Now there's no excuse... Get your own set of ShrockBars today and save!

* The powdercoated ShrockBars will cost $323 ($348 normally) and the unpainted version will save you an additional $50 and cost $273 ($298 normally). Shipping will be free to your door!"

#65372 - 25/07/03 07:17 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
imacsae Offline

Loc: El Paso Tx.
Well that is definitely an awesome deal and I will make my local club aware of it. On the other hand this is the most flagrant pimping of a board I have ever seen. Well maybe it will get a bit more lively on the xterra firma clone board.

#65373 - 25/07/03 08:23 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
rfritz Offline

Loc: Indianapolis
I don't remember seeing any vibration dampeners on my frame..... :rolleyes: I wonder if they are on there?

#65374 - 25/07/03 08:34 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
Sean Offline

Maybe it's just me but I still think the price is a little high. $275 painted Nissan silver with free shipping, and I'd buy a pair. By the way, their site advertised the shipping cost at $55, not $75.

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#65375 - 25/07/03 09:01 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
Anonymous
Unregistered

The shipping varies, depending on where you live. The *average* is $55, can be more, can be less. Regardless, for the next two weeks it's FREE.

XF isn't a "clone" of anything.

I'm sure you can get them powdercoated silver; shoot Jim an Email. Failing that, get the raw ones and paint 'em yourself or have a body shop shoot them for you.

#65376 - 25/07/03 09:44 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
krisjon Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by gmaxis:
How long did delivery take, Christian?
4 working days, but that was over a weekend. Mine went out on a Wed. and I received them on Monday. Shipping was $59 and Jim sends them FedEx ground.

#65377 - 25/07/03 10:17 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
krisjon Offline

Quote:
Maybe it's just me but I still think the price is a little high. $275 painted Nissan silver with free shipping, and I'd buy a pair.
A little high? These bars have almost twice the amount of material of a Calmini or similiar rock slider, plus DOM tubing is expensive.

#65378 - 25/07/03 10:58 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
Sean Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by krisjon:

Quote:
[b]Maybe it's just me but I still think the price is a little high. $275 painted Nissan silver with free shipping, and I'd buy a pair.
A little high? These bars have almost twice the amount of material of a Calmini or similiar rock slider, plus DOM tubing is expensive.[/b]
I wasn't picking on ShrockWorks specificly when I said the price of sliders was to high, what I meant to say was the price of sliders in general I feel are too high. Of all the sliders out there, these are my favorites, I just feel that for around $275 - $300 one should be able to get them painted, and get free shipping too.

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#65379 - 25/07/03 11:23 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
imacsae Offline

Loc: El Paso Tx.
I think the price of 275 shipped is a great price. I also think the design is pretty good. I don't remember having frame dampeners on my truck maybe it is just the newer models.

Oh no XF is not a clone at all I am sure it was just a coincidence that all of the original forums at it's launch were identical to the forums on another board with black and red coloring. Including identical forums for all the local clubs which were not even aware of the site. I am not bashing your site I think it is rather well made and under used. I am just calling a spade a spade.

#65380 - 25/07/03 12:34 PM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
krisjon Offline

Quote:
I wasn't picking on ShrockWorks specificly when I said the price of sliders was to high, what I meant to say was the price of sliders in general I feel are too high. Of all the sliders out there, these are my favorites, I just feel that for around $275 - $300 one should be able to get them painted, and get free shipping too.
I hear ya, but when you price materials and the amount of time it takes to make jigs, cut, weld and finish a set of bars, $300 for any set of good rock sliders is really pretty reasonable.

I have a buddy who does fabrication/structural steel, so I could have built my own, but when it comes down to it, making your own is almost if not more expensive to do.

My buddy saw my Shrockbars and said after doing steel for 20+ years, he couldn't have done a nicer job. He said they were built right and easily worth every penny I paid.

#65381 - 25/07/03 01:02 PM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
therob Offline

Loc: Albuquerque, NM
Quote:
Originally posted by krisjon:
Nice review. (We still need some pics of them in action though)

- Christian
here you go.

One problem now though how to deal with a 2" body lift.

#65382 - 25/07/03 02:37 PM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
Anonymous
Unregistered

therob; IIRC, Jim had already made a set for BL'ed trucks. As for retrofitting your current bars... Maybe drill new holes through the frame, or weld the flanges to the frame?

As for the quality, many of the parts are laser cut. The welds are really top notch, as is the finish - should you opt for the powdercoating.

With this offer, the price comes more into line with what's out there, but like someone had mentioned, there's twice the material there as well as spendy DOM tubing. Well worth every penny IMO, especially if it saves the truck body from damage - which would easily cost as much as the sliders if not more. Are they worth more than other sliders? IMO, yes. But that's up to the individual to make that call.

Free shipping all the time? I don't think so. 107 pounds of steel is not cheap to ship, or package (which also costs money in the form of time and materials)... And they are indeed packaged very well. You also get hardened bolts and lock washers. Not sure if the competitors do...

#65383 - 25/07/03 05:43 PM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
BluRdgX Offline

Loc: Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountain...
Quote:
Originally posted by imacsae:
Well that is definitely an awesome deal and I will make my local club aware of it. On the other hand this is the most flagrant pimping of a board I have ever seen. Well maybe it will get a bit more lively on the xterra firma clone board.
After reading this, I have one thing to say: Pimping? Clone?
[Spit] [LOL] [Spit] [LOL]

#65384 - 25/07/03 09:46 PM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
Shrock Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
therob
Quote:
here you go.
Yes!....Rocks, Scratches. Good to see the the sliders are enjoying their new home ! laugh

Jim

#65385 - 27/07/03 03:42 PM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
ROKN_X Offline

D'oh! Too bad I ordered mine last week before I saw this special offer!!

#65386 - 27/07/03 04:17 PM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
krisjon Offline

I had a chance to test mine out yesterday for the first time...came down on a rock on the passenger side and slid the length of the inner bar. Got a nice big scrape all the way to the bare metal laugh

I love 'em.

#65387 - 28/07/03 09:27 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
KDM-02XterraSE4x4 Offline

Loc: Greenbrier, Arkansas
Well, I just ordered mine today. Can't wait for them to get in. Going to get them sprayed Rhino lined and see how it holds up.

The price did it for me!
Mods: Vent shades+35% tint on front windows+Airaid intake system+Tow hitch+Reflective tape on hitch+Raingler mininet+Gibson sweptside exhaust+LT265/75R16 Cooper ST tires+Shrockworks - sliders+Fabtech AALs

#65388 - 30/07/03 01:39 PM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
Anonymous
Unregistered

The vibration dampeners were on a 2001, so... Don't know about 2002+ models. They're right above the spring hangers in the rear.

#65389 - 31/07/03 07:02 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I went ahead and ordered mine as well. The folks at Shrockworks gave me an ETA of about 2 weeks to my door in Utah. Can't wait to pull those stockers off and bolt these babies on! laugh

Web

#65390 - 03/08/03 08:02 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
Anonymous
Unregistered

FYI - Less than a week left to get that $100 off...

#65391 - 05/08/03 01:43 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
i've ordered the sliders as well, they should be getting to me in a few weeks. hopefully it'll come it time for the next sccx meet.
i'm ordering them unpainted and planning on doing the por-15 myself. any pointers or details that might help me? as this is my first time using por-15.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal