Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#65392 - 05/08/03 07:03 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
Uzbad Offline

Loc: Durango, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by ClaptoVaughn:
i've ordered the sliders as well, they should be getting to me in a few weeks. hopefully it'll come it time for the next sccx meet.
i'm ordering them unpainted and planning on doing the por-15 myself. any pointers or details that might help me? as this is my first time using por-15.
Congratz on order cool

And why you want to do something other than Crylon? I mean they meant to be scratched and stuff - so whats the point to spend time and money painting them with some serious stuff? That is unless you getting them for looks.

#65393 - 05/08/03 08:28 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
I think you can find info on applying POR15 at www.por15.com

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#65394 - 05/08/03 10:34 PM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
Quote:
Originally posted by Uzbad:
That is unless you getting them for looks.
i'm getting them for offroad protection, but that doesn't mean my xterra can't look nice once in a while. my xterra is dirty about 50% of the time, but we all have to admit xterras look good clean too smile .
i'm going to put the sliders on unpainted first, the por-15 is just a thought since it's kind of expensive and kinds of voids the fact that i saved money from getting the sliders unpainted in the first place. you know?

#65395 - 06/08/03 03:23 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
therob Offline

Loc: Albuquerque, NM
I'm tellin' ya man save the cash on all that and use Rustolium. Prime then paint with super gloss black. they look awsome.

#65396 - 07/08/03 05:52 PM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
Shrock Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
Just get something that has one of the nice fan shaped spray tips. The Dupli-color paint you can get at any auto parts store goes on very nice.

Get the black primer too. That way you dont get white scratches. Krylon "Rust Tough" at the auto parts stores has the same tip. I havent tried Rustoleum lately, so not sure what that has.

#65397 - 08/08/03 04:38 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Last day for the special!

#65398 - 12/08/03 06:13 PM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
KDM-02XterraSE4x4 Offline

Loc: Greenbrier, Arkansas
Well I got mine in Monday and put on today. Two guys from FedEx had to unload them. They are awesome! Glad I got them now. I was waiting just for the right price and sure enough this special deal did the trick. Only complaint was no four extra bolts and the stickers didn't show up. Other than that, I am very pleased with the quality of the product and the timely shipment. Thanks a bunch and am looking forward to the front bumper.
Mods: Vent shades+35% tint on front windows+Airaid intake system+Tow hitch+Reflective tape on hitch+Raingler mininet+Gibson sweptside exhaust+LT265/75R16 Cooper ST tires+Shrockworks - sliders+Fabtech AALs

#65399 - 12/08/03 07:30 PM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
Uzbad Offline

Man you got seriously weak FedExers there cool

Mine arrived on Monday too, and one bod 50 yrs old unloaded them to my door. He wasnt very happy, but he did it.

#65400 - 13/08/03 06:50 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
Shrock Offline

My FedEx driver whines like a school girl everytime he picks up a load of sliders [Crybaby] , and thats with me helping him load the truck!

KDM, I'll be in touch to get you anything you are missing. Not sure what you mean on the 4 bolts. There should have been 12 in a bag, all the same size.

#65401 - 13/08/03 07:14 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
OffroadX Offline

Hmm, I know someone else that didn't get the bolts either.

Mine should be here after the next batch is ready, can't wait!

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#65402 - 13/08/03 07:40 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
Uzbad Offline

Btw you most likely got stickers, they just aint look like one smile

Look for two quite small rectangular pieces of paper. Stickers r actually inside them. You have to peel stuff to see them. But be carefull, as they are easy to damage - i screwed up one of mines and hence didnt put on second one. Plus they looks like made out of paper anyway - wont hold against our snow season.

And you seriously want second pair of hands to help you with installation of bars - its not as much weight as the fact that they will twist your wrists off while you putting them on.

on a side note - anyone else had troubles with putting rear upper bolt in? I cant make mine to grab the thread on both sides - driver and passenger. Everything else went ok, but those buggers just wont go. They going in for like inch, but no thread grabbing whatsoever frown

Edited to add:
i just realized i didnt took out dampers. Will try it all again this evening and post results cool

#65403 - 13/08/03 08:30 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mine just showed up on my door step this morning. I was pulling out for work and noticed a huge box on my porch. I will see if I can get them on tonight. Can't wait to get these babies on. laugh

Sean

#65404 - 13/08/03 10:15 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
KDM-02XterraSE4x4 Offline

Loc: Greenbrier, Arkansas
Yup, no bolts at all. Mine wasn't in a box either. Just wrapped with some static cling material. Didn't care about that since I didn't pay to have them powder coated.

I have them on except I used the existing four bolts per side from the original running boards on the first two support bars. They look awesome just need the new bolts. I painted them with truck bed protectant paint. Looks great.

Shrock, I sent you an email with my being kmonto. Let me know... Thanks.

Oh, and yes I needed another set of hands to put them on. They be heavy... ;-)

*** UPDATED ***
Already got a response! Talk about excellent customer service. smile
Mods: Vent shades+35% tint on front windows+Airaid intake system+Tow hitch+Reflective tape on hitch+Raingler mininet+Gibson sweptside exhaust+LT265/75R16 Cooper ST tires+Shrockworks - sliders+Fabtech AALs

#65405 - 13/08/03 10:57 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Use one of the four longer bolts from the vib. dampeners for that last, or "third" bolt on the rear flange. I know the 2001 model has 'em, not sure about others...

You *can* install these yourself... Just balance the bar on your legs and lift into place - use your legs to keep it balanced, at least over one hole so you can get a bolt in. Once you have one bolt in, you can easily add the others.

As for customer service; I don't think you can beat ShrockWorks, IMO.

#65406 - 13/08/03 11:32 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
Shrock Offline

Hi Folks,

Looks like we made a mistake and shipped a three sets of unpainted sliders w/o bolts one day last week (Jose/Sergei/Keith). I know I have talked to at least two of you already. I can send the bolts or tell you what to get at
Lowes/HomeDepot. Just let me know.

If any of the powdercoated ones show up w/o bolts, please let me know. That should not happen as I checked these very carefully. Also, for those of you who got the powdercoated ones, how did the box hold up? It is a new stronger box we just started using.

If anyone needs more decals, let me know. They ARE made of outdoor vinyl. Same stuff used on outdoor signs.

Uzbad, I think the dampener is your problem. If you dont remove it, the slider will sit on the bolt head that holds the dampener on rather than flush with the frame. That is probably why you are able to insert the bolt a whole inch. That should not normally be possible.

I've seen Xterras with and without the vibration dampener thing, so you may or may not have it. If you have it, remove it and just toss it.

Jim

#65407 - 13/08/03 01:47 PM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
OffroadX Offline

I'll have Jose contact you if you haven't already heard from him.

Thanks Jim!
Brent

#65408 - 13/08/03 09:15 PM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
Uzbad Offline

Actually i got full set of bolts, so i am the lucky one.

Yeah, Jim, i removed dampers and sliders went much better, but i still couldnt get damn bolts to get into upper rear holes, so i just bolted them (on both sides) to the hole that you reserved for the dampers - thats probably even better. cool

Wouldnt ditch them though - can use as lovely paperweights smile

Thanks again for good product!

#65409 - 14/08/03 01:47 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
i'm getting antsy listening to all the new recipitents (sp) of the sliders. i ordered mine about two weeks ago, and probably just have a few days to go!
i should have plenty of time to test them out before the next sccx meet.
i was thinking about balancing one end with the jack during installation...oh well i'll worry about it when i get them. the installation is half the fun for me anyways.

#65410 - 15/08/03 11:12 AM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Got mine all bolted on. They look great and I don't think I could ask for something more beefy. They make the stock nerf steps seem like tooth picks. laugh

Web

#65411 - 15/08/03 02:57 PM Re: In-depth Review and Special Offer on ShrockBars!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I should have some interesting grip tape possibilities soon... I'm currently field testing some "barefoot friendly" yellow tape (for those Solar Yellow owners, heh).

Also checking out some very coarse black stuff, which is definitely not "barefoot friendly."

This stuff can be used anywhere; not just on the ShrockBars. More details to follow.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal