2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#6600 - 31/08/05 01:44 PM how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

cant wait to get rid of it, im going to try to trade it for a diesel liberty since i drive truck i can fill it off my truck. i still have to buy it but at least its a tax deduction!!!! if i cant work out a good trade then its off to detroit and leave it downtown with the keys in the ignition.

#6601 - 31/08/05 02:26 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
The thought has crossed my mind unfortunately

#6602 - 31/08/05 02:28 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Hartwig:
The thought has crossed my mind unfortunately
Agreed I'm just not quite sure what I would get...ahh confused

#6603 - 31/08/05 02:34 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
We will be driving the Honda Del Sol for all around town things.

#6604 - 31/08/05 02:47 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
I had thought that it was a wash driving the X with its 15-17mpg and 87 octane VS driving the S2000 at 25mpg and 93 octane (required) - but I ran the numbers and I actually save a fair amount by driving the Honda (though it hurts that much more to have to buy that premium gas frown )

Would be stupid to get rid of it (the X), though... it's almost paid off.

And I wouldn't anyway... love it too much and have put too much into mods.

#6605 - 31/08/05 02:49 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can't unload it fast enough! I have had more than enough of the TERRIBLE gas consumption. With gas now over $3.00 a gallon I now admit defeat and surrender to the gas sipin smaller car. I'll take my losses and get out while i can.

#6606 - 31/08/05 02:51 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am just going to slow down. I did a hair over 60 mph on a trip and got 22.7 mpg. On the same trip with similar conditions at over 70, I got 20-21 mpg.

I will remove the air dam and basket off the roof rack. Check my tires at least once a week and try to investigate a good cold air intake box.

I need something to pull my boat! :rolleyes:

#6607 - 31/08/05 02:58 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good advice in the last post. Change driving habits. It can really make a difference. Don't feel the need to step it up to 80mph on the freeway. Run 60 and get 25% better economy.

Run 40psi in the tires. Make sure your plugs are gapped right. Get those extra bags and boxes of crap out of the truck when you don't need them to lighten the load.

Might not make a lot of difference, but even a little is something.

#6608 - 31/08/05 03:01 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Unfortunatly I just bought the X last weekend so I definatly won't be selling it anytime soon! You just have to roll with it. I love driving the X so I will just deal with the gas.

#6609 - 31/08/05 03:17 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Diesil is a band-aid fix, better MPG on the Liberty but the cost isnt much lower (2.77 compared to 2.99) both of which are getting higher. My plan, ease up on the accelorator, bike the two miles to work (which isn't something everyone can do) and I might remove the air dam to improve MPG. I'm holding out for fuel cells, give it time, they are comming. My current costs are about $40 a week if I go somewhere on the weekend. To me, its worth the enjoyment I get from driving it.

#6610 - 31/08/05 03:21 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

take your foot off the gas- it's not going anywhere anyway.. dont drive around like an aimless bastard.. and skip eating dinner out once a week.. the rising gas prices arent that bad- it's just sticker shock. its not a good reason to ditch your truck.

#6611 - 31/08/05 03:22 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Not getting rid of mine anytime soon.. wink

#6612 - 31/08/05 03:31 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mine's paid off in 16 days, so I'll hold on to it, thanks. laugh

We're looking at moving closer into town. If I could cut 20-24 miles off my daily round-trip commute, I could save a ton. Hell, I would be able to bike/walk every day possible to save more. I would need it to pay for higher taxes. frown

#6613 - 31/08/05 03:32 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Definitely going to be riding the bike to work more and probably have to cut back on the monthly road trips, which sucks because those are a key component to getting my fledgling biz going. Oh well.

No F'n way I'm getting rid of the X, though. I'll be damned if I'm going to give it away for someone else to enjoy.

#6614 - 31/08/05 04:26 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Time to buy a Honda Insight or Toyoya Prius.

#6615 - 31/08/05 04:36 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought about it, but I'm doing a new gas mileage check these next few weeks, and I'm goin real easy all the time on the pedal. I'm going to see what I can get out of it takin it real easy. I'll report back with the results.

#6616 - 31/08/05 04:37 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Tama50:
Time to buy a Honda Insight or Toyoya Prius.
I actually looked into the Honda Civic Hybrid this afternoon.....

#6617 - 31/08/05 04:38 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Been riding my bicycle to work, store etc. Only driving the X when I have to. Stays in the garage most of the time now.

#6618 - 31/08/05 04:41 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Bah!! All those who are gonna dump the X and get something else are gonna get KILLED on the trade in value of the X...You couldn't pick a worse time to trade in a SUV...For the huge loss you will take on getting rid of your X you are far better off spending 3K on a POS 4-banger and using that to commute with...

#6619 - 31/08/05 04:43 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Quote:
Originally posted by larry:
since i drive truck i can fill it off my truck.
So you are saying you are going to steal gas from your company's vehicle to fill your own?

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#6620 - 31/08/05 04:46 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Right now I have no plans on getting rid of the X. And if I did I would end up buying a full size pick up again.

I have averaged 20.3 mpg on the last 4 full tanks of gas. I have started changing my driving habits.

#6621 - 31/08/05 04:49 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by LukeTX04:
Unfortunatly I just bought the X last weekend so I definatly won't be selling it anytime soon! You just have to roll with it. I love driving the X so I will just deal with the gas.
Just got mine in June, so im holding on..... laugh
i dont mind tho, I love my X.....plus im only like a mile from work, my ride to the gym is longer....... smile

-Robb-

#6622 - 31/08/05 04:52 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

if the link was still active i'd post it...my buddies from NeXterra know about this...but there are some good gas saving products on eBay other than the tornado and such that work [Too much XOC] ...or jsut use common sense and keep your foot off the skinny pedal...me personally? i use cruise control every time im on the highway.

#6623 - 31/08/05 04:58 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
silverxglider Offline

Loc: Andes, NY
Just shelled out $40 to fill up. Used to cost $20. It sucks but since it's not my daily commuter, filling up once a week isn't going to break the bank. Not yet, anyway. I consider myself very, very lucky. Don't know what I'd do in a different situation.

I'd love to come back and visit our fair planet in 200 years or so to see what history has to say about the way we are fucking up.

#6624 - 31/08/05 05:00 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffo65:
Right now I have no plans on getting rid of the X. And if I did I would end up buying a full size pick up again.

I have averaged 20.3 mpg on the last 4 full tanks of gas. I have started changing my driving habits.
damn, how do you average 20mpg, mostly highway im assuming?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal