2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#6725 - 21/09/05 09:52 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

In light of the current gas prices, we are buying our first X. Gas isn't the biggest of deals right now; it's mainly going to be for getting her to CSU and back(6mi round trip).
But it'll be much better for getting us to the slopes and whatnot than the Impala would be...

#6726 - 22/09/05 05:02 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
GrnXnham Offline

Loc: Tacoma, WA
This is a funny thread.

Get rid of my Xterra? Not a chance.

Actually, now would be a good time to BUY an Xterra with all the deals they have going on SUV's right now. And they are practically giving away used SUV's now with all the people who are unloading them because of the gas prices. Don't sell! BUY!

#6727 - 22/09/05 05:53 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by redimpulse:
In light of the current gas prices, we are buying our first X. Gas isn't the biggest of deals right now; it's mainly going to be for getting her to CSU and back(6mi round trip).
But it'll be much better for getting us to the slopes and whatnot than the Impala would be...
i hear that........my job is only like a mile and half away from my apartment and I HAVE to get to work in the snow (NYC sanitation-Plows, salt spreaders, payloaders, etc.).........I only used a quarter of a tank this past week.......... laugh

Robb

#6728 - 22/09/05 07:41 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I traded in a 2004 Mazda 3 Hatchback for my X....and I don't regret it one bit! The gas is not THAT much higher (I commute 1 mile to work, so I'm lucky) and the extra room is great. I can't wait to see some snow! I love the X

#6729 - 22/09/05 09:53 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tade in my X, are you crazy! If your concerned that much about gas mileage , you should not have purchased an X in the first place. My X gets me to remote surf spots in Baja, Mammoth mountain in the middle of a snow storm,and deep into Moab . The extra gas money is well worth it to me. No
disrespect to anyone out there.

#6730 - 22/09/05 10:38 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not us, it's no worse than my '92 Mercury! We just bought our Xterra 2 weeks ago, and the mpg didn't deter us!

#6731 - 23/09/05 08:23 AM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I seem to notice that '05 owners are saying that their gas mileage is not that much worse from their old car. Not too many responses like that coming from 1st generation owners. I get about 15 MPG babying it and this is mostly highway miles. I can't wait to unload the OPEC mobile. Not to mention get something I can get up to highway speed without getting run off the road.

#6732 - 23/09/05 07:01 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just finished my "Baby-it" test. Not much improvement. The result was 13.8 [Crybaby]

But i guess thats an improvment from the 12.8 i was getting before. :rolleyes:

#6733 - 24/09/05 09:35 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Only the rich can afford gas for this vehicle.

#6734 - 24/09/05 09:40 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

NEVER I LOVE MY X..it being my first car..i'm 16 and it the best, i hate paying premuim but i love the sound of the supercharger

#6735 - 24/09/05 09:49 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Xxcalibur 4x4:
NEVER I LOVE MY X..it being my first car..i'm 16 and it the best, i hate paying premuim but i love the sound of the supercharger
english confused

#6736 - 25/09/05 09:05 AM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

With my SAS and 35's I am getting ~12 mpg. I am spending $50-$60 a week on gas, but no way I would ever sell it.

#6737 - 25/09/05 01:10 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NorthBayRP:
With my SAS and 35's I am getting ~12 mpg. I am spending $50-$60 a week on gas, but no way I would ever sell it.
About $90 a week for gas. Maybe a little less. I get like 16 mpg now. I wonuldn't get rid of her, no way.

#6738 - 25/09/05 01:43 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey sorry i wrote that at 11 at night i was a little tired

#6739 - 26/09/05 03:39 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't buy a Hybrid to try and save money on gas. If you do the numbers, you'll find out that the price difference you pay ($6,000-$10,000) will never equal how much gas you will purchase in the next 10 years! I was considering the Toyota Highlander Hybrid before I got the Xterra which I love so much more! I can post my calcuations if anyone is interested.

#6740 - 27/09/05 07:55 AM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just bought mine a month ago and one reason I bought it because the 20mpg I'm getting with it is better than the 15 I was getting with my Dodge Ram. I can drive further in my X on less gas than I could in my Dodge.

#6741 - 29/09/05 01:24 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Never. I bought it at the end of July and haven't regretted it one bit. I drive 50 miles round trip/day to work and my wife drives 74 miles round trip so we are definitely aware of gas mileage. However the $800/month my wife ('05 Maxima) and I are spending on gas each month between us is well worth the fun and enjoyment we get from our vehicles.

#6742 - 29/09/05 01:32 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
paulgw Offline

Loc: St.Albans, Herts, UK.
Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
Dunno about you paulgw, but when I lived in the UK we walked alot more than they do here in Lazy Bastard USA! smile

Hell, they even have drive through Off Licenses (Liquor Stores) and Banks. Understandable here in AZ where you really don't want to get out of your AC'd car in the summer months. But for the rest of ya'll who live in a more reasonable climate, you should be ashamed of your lazy bastardness smile

Nice to see a fellow Brit in here. Or are you a Yank in Brit disguise?
Am I a "Yank in Brit disguise"? Gor blimey guv' what the bleedin' hell you tryin' ta say? I was at Violet's funeral, know what I mean? Sound's like b*ll*cks to me dunnit, you w*nker!!!

Good enough answer for ya, me old china?

Paulgw.
smile

#6743 - 03/10/05 01:41 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thought this MSNBC/Newsweek article was interesting, pointing out the ever increasing popularity of the SUV dispite the rising costs associated with owning them. Seems the new sweet spot for the American rig is a slightly smaller, 20 MPG(ish) SUV.. Hmm, seems the 05 X just about fits that bill.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9556248/site/newsweek/

#6744 - 03/10/05 01:58 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK - So I currently have a 2003 Nissan 350Z. I am looking at switching over for numerous reasons.

- Live in WI no longer have place to store Z in WINTER.
- My 93 Ford Explorer is officially done and I need a new vehicle for winter.
- Feel I could get a new OFF-ROAD X at a good price.
- If I can get 20mpg on the highway then I'm good to go.

#6745 - 03/10/05 05:01 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I sold my Civic 5 months ago. Even with the high prices, the reduction in car insurance and the 4000$ I have for it more than make up for the difference. I would have to save a lot of gas with the Civic before I get to 4000$ plus insurance. We were just driving one of the 2 cars anyway so it made sense at the time to get rid of the smaller and older vehicle.

I don`t regret the move, but I changed my driving style alot.

#6746 - 03/10/05 06:09 PM Re: how many in light of the gas prices are going to dump there xterra
buck Offline

Loc: Shohola,PA. 18458
When I bought my first Xterra I knew that the mpg would be low. No one buys a 4wd for the gas mileage! The Xterra is exactly what it is supposed to be: a 4wd vehicle with great capabilities for off roading. Anyone who bought theirs for any other reason without considering the fuel cost only kidded themselves...
Enough of this crybabying already!

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal