Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#66114 - 05/12/02 08:51 PM Re: xterraparts.com
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
xterraparts.com rocks.

I've asked them for obscure info before and they came through every time. [Wave]

#66115 - 05/12/02 11:01 PM Re: xterraparts.com
Todders Offline

Loc: East Bay, Ca
Quote:
Originally posted by ILUVMYX:
Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
[b]I have a VERY hard time taking anyone seriously that has been ASININE enough to do 180 MPH on public roads
You really believe him? I don't.[/b]
the video will soon be uploaded once i get it back from the cop, so i could care less if you dont believe me, video will prove all...few people on the forum that are locals know about it.

Bay Area Guys..Looking To Buy An X

#66116 - 05/12/02 11:03 PM Re: xterraparts.com
Todders Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rmasters:
I've bought a whole bunch of stuff from Courtesy over the last three years of owning my X and never had a single problem. I've quizzed them for info about stuff and recieved emails with scanned pictures of instructions, dimensions and parts lists. They bend over backwards to help their customers make an informed choice when purchasing. Sorry CaptanZippy, I just don't see the problem.

Rick
captanzippy? what kind of name is that? you fruit cake.

courtesy was a popular vendor for us Z'ers until vince left..then it got shady with price quotes and shipping problems

#66117 - 05/12/02 11:05 PM Re: xterraparts.com
Todders Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
I have a VERY hard time taking anyone seriously that has been ASININE enough to do 180 MPH on public roads, much less brag about it. We've had enough people here do business with Courtesy, myself included, to have made a well-informed opinion on their competency. YOUR competency I question.

Brent
hey - this has nothing to do with me, if you dont believe me i dont care, im trying to tell you from an area that has been doing business with courtesy ALOT longer than you guys have...since our cars have been around for 13 years now.

go on to www.twinturbo.net..go to search and type in courtesynissan and see what people have to say.

#66118 - 05/12/02 11:06 PM Re: xterraparts.com
ILUVMYX Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by CaptanZap:
the video will soon be uploaded once i get it back from the cop, so i could care less if you dont believe me, video will prove all
How does the video prove your actual speed? I don't doubt the video will prove you're a class-A moron, but I doubt it will prove you were really doing 180.

#66119 - 05/12/02 11:18 PM Re: xterraparts.com
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Your link doesn't work and you still haven't even told us what the problem is. How can you be taken seriously if you don't even show evidence?

As far as wrong parts being shipped goes, the liklihood of mistakes increases exponentially the more years a vehicle is made. As long as the Z cars have been around and with the who knows how many line changes that were surely made on it that would change the part numbers. Did you ever consider that there could be 12 different part numbers for a certain item for 3 years of production?

That said, I still think you're full of it.

#66120 - 06/12/02 05:56 AM Re: xterraparts.com
rob in Austin Offline

Loc: the womb of an angry jackal
Quote:
Originally posted by Xrugger:
I've ordered a few times from then. Never had a single problem. And they were always quick to answer questions when I had them.
Ditto here.

They rock. [Wave]

#66121 - 06/12/02 06:26 AM Re: xterraparts.com
rusty Offline

Loc: here
I didn't mean to start the flames here. Don't get me wrong, I've order from them several times in the past since I bought my xterra. I can deal with the mistake of a minor part # being wrong but not a worn/used part when I ordered new.

I followed up with Coutesy Nissan and they were very accomodating and polite. I will still use them if my problem is completely resolved which appears to be taking place. I've been around since the 3m tape problem which the dealers refused to acknowledge at first(fixed myself a few years ago) noisy headliner in the SE's (Great stuff fix) and air bag thing with security torx which I fixed myself as well. I've been working on my truck ever since so I know a used part when I see it. It may not be Courtesy's fault so anyone out their who is contemplating ordering from them, I'd say go for it because they have good prices and this was my first problem. Like I said, it wasn't the wrong part# that got to me, it was the fact that one of the parts appeared to be used. [Too much XOC]

#66122 - 06/12/02 10:20 AM Re: xterraparts.com
Todders Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckH:
Your link doesn't work and you still haven't even told us what the problem is. How can you be taken seriously if you don't even show evidence?

As far as wrong parts being shipped goes, the liklihood of mistakes increases exponentially the more years a vehicle is made. As long as the Z cars have been around and with the who knows how many line changes that were surely made on it that would change the part numbers. Did you ever consider that there could be 12 different part numbers for a certain item for 3 years of production?

That said, I still think you're full of it.
become computer literate and then come back and tell me the link doesnt work...*sigh* notice the link included the "...go" so you need to take that part out....so lets try this again

www.twinturbo.net

its the most active Z32 site in the world, yes it works.

and ACTUALLY befor you go out making crazy comments like you are, the Z32 was the same for all 6 years for the most part, the 95/96 had some changes, like injectors and what not (more things on the 96) i am not even talking about getting wrong parts like that, im talking about NOT getting things you ordered.

i remember the first time i ordered on courtesy, i was ordering a brand new OEM shift knob for one of my Z's. im sure you guys have it on here, the whole "25%" off thing for certain website members and all...well thats all chaos...it all depends on who you talked to, one guy may say that the "25% discount is already added on the website" or another will give you some off the hook price....its just shady.....enough of this crap anyhow, im not gonna sit here and try to defend their wrongness.
if you want to order, go ahead - all i stated before was the problems they are known for on www.twinturbo.net if you dont have problems, then thats great.

#66123 - 06/12/02 10:27 AM Re: xterraparts.com
Todders Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]the video will soon be uploaded once i get it back from the cop, so i could care less if you dont believe me, video will prove all
How does the video prove your actual speed? I don't doubt the video will prove you're a class-A moron, but I doubt it will prove you were really doing 180.[/b]
*sigh*...just watch the vid when i upload it for you guys. if you want details, the cop reaches 140 on his odometer, its an LS1 camaro police car, and as the cop stated,"left him like he was standing still"
i could care less if you doubt anything, who am i trying prove anything to? this is the fucking internet car forum...the locals on this forum know about it, its not my mission in life to prove to someone on the internet the truth.

#66124 - 06/12/02 10:41 AM Re: xterraparts.com
Todders Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
I didn't mean to start the flames here. Don't get me wrong, I've order from them several times in the past since I bought my xterra. I can deal with the mistake of a minor part # being wrong but not a worn/used part when I ordered new.

I followed up with Coutesy Nissan and they were very accomodating and polite. I will still use them if my problem is completely resolved which appears to be taking place. I've been around since the 3m tape problem which the dealers refused to acknowledge at first(fixed myself a few years ago) noisy headliner in the SE's (Great stuff fix) and air bag thing with security torx which I fixed myself as well. I've been working on my truck ever since so I know a used part when I see it. It may not be Courtesy's fault so anyone out their who is contemplating ordering from them, I'd say go for it because they have good prices and this was my first problem. Like I said, it wasn't the wrong part# that got to me, it was the fact that one of the parts appeared to be used. [Too much XOC]
you didnt, i obviously did when these guys got their panties twisted b/c someone 'insulted' their mother vendor. no offense but i think you guys over react to critism, and have to find other ways to use ammo against someone. my 180 police chase was never the issue here, experience with courtesy along with tons of others in the Z community with couresty was.

hell i know people who live a mile away from courtesy nissan and refuse to use their service...

#66125 - 06/12/02 10:45 AM Re: xterraparts.com
rfritz Offline

Loc: Indianapolis
I thought Courtesy did a good job sending me my parts and answering questions. I have even canceled a big money order with them and they were still cool -

#66126 - 06/12/02 10:47 AM Re: xterraparts.com
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
1) Where in the East Bay are you? There is a guy in NCCX who also owns a Z, who is also in the East Bay. Maybe you know him? I work in Oakland and live in San Leandro.

2) The video you are talking about, Was it shot from the police chase car or did you have a camera running your Z while you were driving recklessly?

Either way, if the police have it, what makes you think they will give it back? I saw this show the other day about the latest trend in dumb ass things to do. Its call strapbooking. Kids will film their stunts and illegal acts. (beating people up, vandalizing homes/cars, setting police cars on fire, etc) When the police find these tapes, they keep them. They don't want to give the tapes back cause the kids treat them as "trophies". Obivously the police don't want to encourage such irresponsible behavior by handing out trophies.

How the heck did you get caught driving 180mph and NOT get your license suspended??

#66127 - 06/12/02 10:50 AM Re: xterraparts.com
KJ_dragon Offline

I wonder why Courtesy treats Z owners like crap, while sooooooooooo many X owners had such great experiences..........hmmm...

Each time I dealt with xterraparts was totally problem free. Their phone people were knowledgeable and friendly. Their website site is well designed and easy to navigate.

#66128 - 06/12/02 11:20 AM Re: xterraparts.com
SWXterraClub Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas USA
Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:
I wonder why Courtesy treats Z owners like crap, while sooooooooooo many X owners had such great experiences..........hmmm...

From my guess, if Courtesy has been catering to the Z community for a long time on-line then they got into the .com business of selling parts early in the game. They were bound to make some mistakes. We as Xterra owners are just the lucky ones because they have worked out the kinks and have a WONDERFUL website coupled with great customer service.

I guess they learned from their mistakes from dealing with the Z folks and are now running things in a customer pleasing way. Maybe because the Z people had to start in the "wild west" of the .com parts business they still have the scars from all the growth and refinement of the system.

Just my .02

#66129 - 06/12/02 12:14 PM Re: xterraparts.com
ILUVMYX Offline

Quote:
and as the cop stated,"left him like he was standing still"
Yeah, that's proof all right. So perhaps you can just post a copy of the ticket you must have received that says you were clocked doing 180. No, I didn't think so.

#66130 - 06/12/02 03:10 PM Re: xterraparts.com
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Actually around here I would have a new dare vehicle if I caught your dumb ass. Also I doubt the cop will ever give you the tape as it is probably evidence. Way to go it's people like you who I don't feel bad for when you wrap your car around a pole and kill yourself. Because it will happen no matter what at 180 in a stock car nothing can save you.

#66131 - 06/12/02 03:32 PM Re: xterraparts.com
XterraClamper Offline

Loc: Fairfield, Ca
It's nice to know that CaptainZap's 180 mhp police chase was not the issue here...It's nice to know you are on this board and DON"T own an Xterra..It's also nice to know who that you idientified yourself as a complete idiot traveling that fast on public roads..I'll remember that the next time I see a z running up behind me so I can leave before you kill me or someone else...

#66132 - 07/12/02 12:19 AM Re: xterraparts.com
Todders Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by XterraClamper:
It's nice to know that CaptainZap's 180 mhp police chase was not the issue here...It's nice to know you are on this board and DON"T own an Xterra..It's also nice to know who that you idientified yourself as a complete idiot traveling that fast on public roads..I'll remember that the next time I see a z running up behind me so I can leave before you kill me or someone else...
please learn how to spell my name right. thanks. if you can also read, you would see i am in the market for an Xterra. and if you are such a little paranoid fuck as you sound to be, it was at about 2am, on highway 4, where its just as strait as I-5, and not a single car on the road.

#66133 - 07/12/02 12:21 AM Re: xterraparts.com
Todders Offline

Quote:
1) Where in the East Bay are you? There is a guy in NCCX who also owns a Z, who is also in the East Bay. Maybe you know him? I work in Oakland and live in San Leandro.

2) The video you are talking about, Was it shot from the police chase car or did you have a camera running your Z while you were driving recklessly?

Either way, if the police have it, what makes you think they will give it back? I saw this show the other day about the latest trend in dumb ass things to do. Its call strapbooking. Kids will film their stunts and illegal acts. (beating people up, vandalizing homes/cars, setting police cars on fire, etc) When the police find these tapes, they keep them. They don't want to give the tapes back cause the kids treat them as "trophies". Obivously the police don't want to encourage such [b]irresponsible
behavior by handing out trophies.

How the heck did you get caught driving 180mph and NOT get your license suspended??[/b]
you are talking about armand, hes a good friend of mine, and he can vouch for me if needed. and no i did not shoot the video myself, the POLICE are REQUIRED to give me a copy of the video as a form of evidence when i request all of it, otherwise it would be considered "with holding evidence" and the ticket would be automatically dismissed.

i will have my liscense suspended, thats a given, court date isnt until Jan 15.

#66134 - 07/12/02 12:25 AM Re: xterraparts.com
Todders Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]and as the cop stated,"left him like he was standing still"
Yeah, that's proof all right. So perhaps you can just post a copy of the ticket you must have received that says you were clocked doing 180. No, I didn't think so.[/b]
give me a few days

#66135 - 07/12/02 12:28 AM Re: xterraparts.com
Todders Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Xman6:
Actually around here I would have a new dare vehicle if I caught your dumb ass. Also I doubt the cop will ever give you the tape as it is probably evidence. Way to go it's people like you who I don't feel bad for when you wrap your car around a pole and kill yourself. Because it will happen no matter what at 180 in a stock car nothing can save you.
if you are in DARE then im assuming your a cop, and then if you were a cop you would KNOW that it would be considered with holding evidence if he does not give me the tape. shouldnt YOU KNOW that if you are a cop? sure, actually i could care less if i wrapped my car around a pole, it would be my own choice and i sure as hell am not looking for sympathy from anyone for my choices. but if you must know since your assuming things (poles) it was a 20-30 mile strait highway with nothing but dirt on each side.

#66136 - 07/12/02 01:11 AM Re: xterraparts.com
KJ_dragon Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]1) Where in the East Bay are you? There is a guy in NCCX who also owns a Z, who is also in the East Bay. Maybe you know him? I work in Oakland and live in San Leandro.

you are talking about armand, hes a good friend of mine, and he can vouch for me if needed. .[/b]
Yes, That is him.

#66137 - 07/12/02 06:34 AM Re: xterraparts.com
ILUVMYX Offline

Quote:
on highway 4, where its just as strait as I-5, and not a single car on the road.
Not a single car? You sound pretty sure of that. You must be omniscient. But if you're omniscient, and there wasn't a single car on the road, how did your dumb ass get caught? How did you not see the cop... the cop that WASN'T on the road because there WASN'T a SINGLE car on the road. And if you didn't see the cop at that speed, what makes you think you could have seen the lady in the Escort doing 50 MPH in the left lane putting on make-up? Of course all this assumes you really were doing 180, which you weren't. Why haven't you posted a copy of that ticket?

#66138 - 07/12/02 06:58 AM Re: xterraparts.com
SWXterraClub Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas USA
This topic is of no further use and it is sliding WAY off topic. If you want to continue the "I am stupid and proud that I did 180 on a public street" move to the ALR.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal