2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#662808 - 29/05/06 05:26 PM Re: MLB 06 talk...
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
You know that they don't test for HGH, right? laugh

[Wave]

#662809 - 30/05/06 09:16 AM Re: MLB 06 talk...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
You know that they don't test for HGH, right? laugh

[Wave]
Yeah, Bud is really cracking down on 'roids. :rolleyes:

#662810 - 30/05/06 09:40 AM Re: MLB 06 talk...
NismoXse02 Offline

I think it's more of the players union than Bud on this subject. We shall see. Isn't the current agreement up this year? Let's see if Bud rolls over like usual or actually grows some balls and fixes things. :rolleyes:

#662811 - 31/05/06 01:15 PM Re: MLB 06 talk...
NismoXse02 Offline

Look out NL Central, the Rocket's Back! [ThumbsUp] laugh

#662812 - 31/05/06 01:32 PM Re: MLB 06 talk...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Uh, last time I checked Roger doesn't have much of a bat. What the Astros really need is someone who can drive in runs. I think they could have got a pretty damn good hitter for $12.7 million.

#662813 - 31/05/06 01:36 PM Re: MLB 06 talk...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Who needs a new 12 million dollar hitter when you've got Craig Biggio, Mr. Same Pants 4 EVA?

#662814 - 31/05/06 05:05 PM Re: MLB 06 talk...
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by FlyFishingX:
Uh, last time I checked Roger doesn't have much of a bat. What the Astros really need is someone who can drive in runs. I think they could have got a pretty damn good hitter for $12.7 million.
Why? They're hitting better than last year and look what they did. You have to have pitching to win. Besides, if you knew who was in their farm system, you'd know they'll be just fine with the bats.

#662815 - 31/05/06 06:05 PM Re: MLB 06 talk...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Uh, last time I checked Roger doesn't have much of a bat. What the Astros really need is someone who can drive in runs. I think they could have got a pretty damn good hitter for $12.7 million.
Why? They're hitting better than last year and look what they did. You have to have pitching to win. Besides, if you knew who was in their farm system, you'd know they'll be just fine with the bats.[/b]
...lots of good the farm system has done them so far :rolleyes: ...they will be lucky to be within 15 games of STL at seasons end and lucky to contend for the wild card with the NYM, ATL, PHI, LAD for starters... the HOU offense is so stagnent that Oswalt throws a gem and the bullpen blows it vs Pujols as usual...I wish he would have returned to BOS just to give the media something to alk about all year long besides Bonds...

#662816 - 31/05/06 09:42 PM Re: MLB 06 talk...
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Hoppy:
lots of good the farm system has done them so far :rolleyes:
Uh, they haven't played yet. Why? Because of Preston Wilson and Jason Lane. Those two are on high notice. They should have been sent down already as far as I'm concerned with 2 badasses brought up, but you know how it goes when you have guys that have had decent pasts. :rolleyes:

#662817 - 01/06/06 04:36 AM Re: MLB 06 talk...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]lots of good the farm system has done them so far :rolleyes:
Uh, they haven't played yet. Why? Because of Preston Wilson and Jason Lane. Those two are on high notice. They should have been sent down already as far as I'm concerned with 2 badasses brought up, but you know how it goes when you have guys that have had decent pasts. :rolleyes: [/b]
...decent is the right word to use, ok maybe, average at best even...Lane has had one average year and wilson has had one outstanding year a while back and the rest he competed for the single season strikeout record...as soon as they brought him in I thought it was a huge mistake as he doesn't even bring a gold glove to go with his 150 K's per year and .264 career BA...for the Stro's sake I hope they have something to replace both of them

#662818 - 01/06/06 02:30 PM Re: MLB 06 talk...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I didn't understand the Wilson signing at all. The guy brings little to the table. I would have rather taken my chances with Chris Burke (injuries or not) or whatever you claim they have coming out of the farm system.

#662819 - 01/06/06 02:34 PM Re: MLB 06 talk...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I didn't understand the Wilson signing at all. The guy brings little to the table. I would have rather taken my chances with Chris Burke (injuries or not) or whatever you claim they have coming out of the farm system.
Yeah I was pretty suprised too...not a fan of Burke myself but Wilson is a bum and hasn't played a full season in a while...wasn't there a few more big names in the OF flyign around before they signed him?

#662820 - 01/06/06 02:49 PM Re: MLB 06 talk...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I nearly had a heart attack when there were whispers that the Giants might sign Wilson. There really wasn't much on the market this past year in the way of outfielders. In general, the talent-level seems to be remarkably thin in the outfield of late. On a positive note, Jason Bay is single-handedly keeping my NL-only fantasy team afloat. Now there is an OF I'd like to see in a Giants uniform (hey Barry, don't let that door hit you in the ...) [LOL]

#662821 - 01/06/06 02:55 PM Re: MLB 06 talk...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I nearly had a heart attack when there were whispers that the Giants might sign Wilson. There really wasn't much on the market this past year in the way of outfielders. In general, the talent-level seems to be remarkably thin in the outfield of late. On a positive note, Jason Bay is single-handedly keeping my NL-only fantasy team afloat. Now there is an OF I'd like to see in a Giants uniform (hey Barry, don't let that door hit you in the ...) [LOL]
Bay and Pujols are keeping my keeper team out in front by themselves...Bay is one of my favs (crazy canuck laugh )...too bad HOU couldn't have found a solid 1B and kept Berkmen in the OF...rumours that Carlos Lee might be too expensive for the brewers if they keeping dropping out of the race...he would look good in Cardinals Red behind Pujols and Rolen and in front of Edmonds laugh

#662822 - 04/06/06 10:38 AM Re: MLB 06 talk...
Anonymous
Unregistered

there goes Pujols shot at 73 .... dammit ...

#662823 - 06/07/06 08:25 AM Re: MLB 06 talk...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Who do you think got the biggest All-Star snub?

I think it's a crime that Pudge Rodriguez is starting over Joe Mauer for the AL. I hate legacy selections.

On the NL side, I'm no Nomar fan, but he deserved the selection over Freddy Sanchez. Sanchez is a nice player, but All Star? :rolleyes:

The biggest joke is Mark Redman being named to the AL team as the lone Royals representative. Dude has an ERA north of 5.50. This alone is proof that glorified AAA teams have no business getting a cursory slot on the team. In fact, I'm not sure if Redman would make the major league roster of 24 teams.

ETA: Nomar slipped in on the "Last Man" fan vote.

#662824 - 06/07/06 02:08 PM Re: MLB 06 talk...
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Nick Swisher deserves to be an All-Star.

#662825 - 06/07/06 02:16 PM Re: MLB 06 talk...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pudge shouldn't be there, and Mauer should be staring of course and Ramon Hernendez has had a better year then Pudge I think. Liriano is another...maybe Abreu and Hafner for sure.

Damn the Cardinals blow lately....good thing they got Jeff Weaver to solidify there rotation :rolleyes:

#662826 - 07/07/06 04:51 AM Re: MLB 06 talk...
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Its pretty much no question that Curt Schilling and Mike Mussina were by FAR the biggest snubs.

Schilling 10-3 3.64 109 k's 14 walks, 1.10 whip

Mussina 10-3 3.24 108 k's, 23 walks, 1.04 whip.

These guys, if they continue on like they are, will be right there at the end for the cy young.

#662827 - 07/07/06 07:45 AM Re: MLB 06 talk...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Pudge shouldn't be there, and Mauer should be staring of course and Ramon Hernendez has had a better year then Pudge I think. Liriano is another...maybe Abreu and Hafner for sure.

Damn the Cardinals blow lately....good thing they got Jeff Weaver to solidify there rotation :rolleyes:
Yeah, I have no idea why the Cards picked up that sheep shagger, Hoppy. I would have taken my chances with what they have or someone down on the farm that actually has a future. It's not like every other team in the NL doesn't suck even worse than the Cards.

As far as Liriano ..... Aaagggggh!! I can hardly say his name. Brian Sabean made the second worst trade in MLB history when he sent Joe Nathan, Liriano, and Boof Bonser to the Twins for that assclown AJ Pierzynski. [Crybaby] The only redeeming quality of that trade is that AJ is not on the Giants any more. I don't care if he's an "All Star" with the Sox. Dude is a cancer. We already have our clubhouse cancer quota filled with Barroid.

#662828 - 07/07/06 11:37 AM Re: MLB 06 talk...
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
I don't care if he's an "All Star" with the Sox. Dude is a cancer. We already have our clubhouse cancer quota filled with Barroid.
Yeah, but one cancer has a ring while the other doesn't. I thought a cancer prevented your team from winning it all. confused

#662829 - 07/07/06 11:51 AM Re: MLB 06 talk...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Yeah, but one cancer has a ring while the other doesn't. I thought a cancer prevented your team from winning it all. confused

laugh I bet at least half the league sends Michael Barrett a Christmas Card for his sucker punch on AJ. [LOL]

Don't sweat it, Nismo, I like your Sox. I just hate AJ. laugh

#662830 - 07/07/06 12:18 PM Re: MLB 06 talk...
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
[LOL]

#662831 - 07/07/06 01:33 PM Re: MLB 06 talk...
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Don't sweat it, Nismo, I like your Sox. I just hate AJ. laugh
No problem. I don't care what team he's on, I was just confused because I thought cancers were labeled that because they caused so much problems with their team that prevented them from winning it all (ie Terrell Owens, Barry Bonds, Randy Moss, Ron Artest, etc)

#662832 - 07/07/06 06:28 PM Re: MLB 06 talk...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Don't sweat it, Nismo, I like your Sox. I just hate AJ. laugh
No problem. I don't care what team he's on, I was just confused because I thought cancers were labeled that because they caused so much problems with their team that prevented them from winning it all (ie Terrell Owens, Barry Bonds, Randy Moss, Ron Artest, etc)[/b]
Denis Rodman was supposidly a cancer to a team as well....how many rings does he have again? I think AJ is a jackass as well....

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal