2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#663991 - 16/09/07 06:05 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Note: When your team opens with an OOC schedule consisting of SMU, UTEP, and Rice, you can't complain about not being ranked after starting 3-0.
Let me see, those are 3 Div. 1 in-state schools, 2 of which were on the road. A&M has played Montana State (Div. II), Fresno State and UL Monroe (Div. II) all at home... and they're in the Top 20. :rolleyes: And don't forget about Hawaii who runs the same system as us and plays in a crappy conference and has a crappy non-conference schedule. Ok, makes sense to me. [Freak]

Like I said, it will all work itself out when we blow A&M out, but I hate seeing that the 4th best team in Texas get the love in the polls that they always get when they haven't mattered in over a decade. Most over-ranked team that hasn't accomplished anything of all time.

#663992 - 18/09/07 01:45 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Fletcher Beck Offline

Loc: Eugene, Oregon
For all you east coast homers out there that don't know anything about Pac-10 football, ESPN Game Day is going to be in Eugene for the Cal vs Oregon game on Sept 29th.

If both schools take care of business this weekend it will make for a good matchup. Both should be undefeated going in. Cal is ranked #6 and Oregon is #13th at the moment.

So watch Game Day and see how pumped we get, Duck style.

#663993 - 18/09/07 01:54 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

In other news, Book \'em!

#663994 - 18/09/07 05:14 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Fletcher Beck:
For all you east coast homers out there that don't know anything about Pac-10 football, ESPN Game Day is going to be in Eugene for the Cal vs Oregon game on Sept 29th.
Provided neither team loses, which is (unfortunately) a possibility. Cal and Oregon haven't exactly been the most consistent programs over the last few years.

But most likely neither team will stumble and we'll have top 10 v. top 10 at Autzen. I like Oregon's chances in that one, but Cal has some serious weapons for the Ducks to worry about. Weren't the Ducks ranked about 12th last year when Cal stomped the ever loving shit out of us on ABC?

#663995 - 19/09/07 10:35 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Fletcher Beck Offline

Loc: Eugene, Oregon
I am not saying that Oregon won't have their hands full with Cal.

What I am saying is that most the people on here that follow CFB don't want to give the Pac-10 credit as a legitamate conference because they don't know much about it.

They are in bed when the games are still being played.

They also argue that west coast football has no tradition. Well duh, of course the east coast schools have a longer tradition, look at the history of the migration in this country.

#663996 - 19/09/07 11:33 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Fletcher Beck:
What I am saying is that most the people on here that follow CFB don't want to give the Pac-10 credit as a legitamate conference because they don't know much about it.
Everything I've read this year says the Pac 10 is loaded and is at worst the second best conference in the country. In the past I think the Pac 10 hasn't gotten enough credit, but this time around we seem to be getting our due. Same deal with basketball - the Pac 10 got tons of love towards the second half of last year and is getting tons of love going into this season.

Quote:
They also argue that west coast football has no tradition. Well duh, of course the east coast schools have a longer tradition, look at the history of the migration in this country.
Yet the Civil War (Oregon-Oregon State) is something like the fifth longest running rivalry game in the country - goes back to to the 1800's. That's plenty of tradition.

#663997 - 20/09/07 06:36 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

#663998 - 20/09/07 04:48 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tonight's game is going to be tough to watch.

I hate to see either team win for many reason [Freak]

#663999 - 20/09/07 06:03 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

well...looks like either OU is really good or A&M really sucks.

yes, nismo, you have been saying that all along :p

#664000 - 20/09/07 06:31 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cruzinfrontier:
yes, nismo, you have been saying that all along :p
wink

#664001 - 20/09/07 06:45 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Quote:
[b]yes, nismo, you have been saying that all along :p
wink [/b]
poor aggies

#664002 - 20/09/07 06:51 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Aggies have looked pretty shitty all year - definitely in the running for the poorest ranked team. I switched the game off after the first half, but at that point Miami was making aTm look stupid.

Personally I don't think OU is that good this year - hopefully that cupcake schedule bites them in the ass if they do end up running the table. I enjoy watching OU get blown away as much as anybody, but I'm getting sick of seeing it happen in BCS bowls.

#664003 - 20/09/07 06:59 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
The Aggies have looked pretty shitty all year - definitely in the running for the poorest ranked team. I switched the game off after the first half, but at that point Miami was making aTm look stupid.

Personally I don't think OU is that good this year - hopefully that cupcake schedule bites them in the ass if they do end up running the table. I enjoy watching OU get blown away as much as anybody, but I'm getting sick of seeing it happen in BCS bowls.
Yeah, the Big 12 is pretty bad this year. Now, they aren't down as far as the big 10 [Freak]

I can't wait to get into conference play though.

#664004 - 20/09/07 07:58 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

34-17 and the score doesn't indicate the game. eek

I guess I just don't get why they get hyped so much ever year. It's not like they've won a national championship or anything. All they have is a tradition in the stands, but that's as far as it goes. Maybe someone outside of Texas could shed some light on the phenomenon. [Uh Oh !] 4th best team in Texas every year (sometimes 5th behind Baylor lol) and they are treated like they're right up there with the Longhorns at the beginning of the year. I don't get it. confused

#664005 - 20/09/07 08:54 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Well that was a $hitty game...

I don't know how much longer Coach Fran is gonna last as coach of the Aggies... good recruiter... horrible play-calling and game execution...

Oh well... at least I have Kentucky to be excited for... laugh

#664006 - 21/09/07 06:03 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
laugh

#664007 - 21/09/07 07:07 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
34-17 and the score doesn't indicate the game. eek

I guess I just don't get why they get hyped so much ever year. It's not like they've won a national championship or anything. All they have is a tradition in the stands, but that's as far as it goes. Maybe someone outside of Texas could shed some light on the phenomenon. [Uh Oh !] 4th best team in Texas every year (sometimes 5th behind Baylor lol) and they are treated like they're right up there with the Longhorns at the beginning of the year. I don't get it. confused
I can feel good in the fact that we don't have the worst game day coaching in Texas. [Uh Oh !]

#664008 - 22/09/07 07:39 AM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Come on Ducks. Stomp the trees and earn that top 10 mark going into the Cal game next week.

Gameday in Eugene next Saturday, provided Oregon and Cal both win today. [drink]

#664009 - 22/09/07 12:23 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, it's official.

College basketball pre-season started after last saturday (losing to UK).

But nope. It's now OFFICIALLY basketball season at UofL after dropping two games in a row for the first time since 2003... Incidentally, that was the last time we lost a home game, too.

For the love of god, what the hell is going on??? We now have the WORST defense in the entire country!!!

I've never seen a coaching staff do so little with so much talent. Way to go, guys...

#664010 - 22/09/07 03:50 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Michigan beats #10 Penn State. Nice. Hopefully they win the Big 10 this year and really help Oregon's SOS. [ThumbsUp]

#664011 - 22/09/07 04:50 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oklahoma St. 49
Texas Tech 45
[Uh Oh !]

#664012 - 22/09/07 05:01 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Oklahoma St. 49
Texas Tech 45
[Uh Oh !]
I actually watched the whole second half of this one, and it was a pretty damn good game. It's easy to dismiss these so-called system quarterbacks, but 644 yards and 5 TDs. Holy Fuck. eek

#664013 - 22/09/07 05:28 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Oklahoma St. 49
Texas Tech 45
[Uh Oh !]
I actually watched the whole second half of this one, and it was a pretty damn good game. It's easy to dismiss these so-called system quarterbacks, but 644 yards and 5 TDs. Holy Fuck. eek [/b]
I did watch most of the last quarter. It was a good game, but what happened to the OSU offense sucking?

#664014 - 22/09/07 06:02 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
We now have the WORST defense in the entire country!!!
I beg to differ. mad

Well, the firecoachlyle.com or lylemustgo.com watch has begun. That is one pathetic defense scheme and it's time for him to go. BTW, for those that haven't followed this series, it has become a rival and you just saw why they are moving this game to Dallas to be played in Jerryworld every year.

On a lighter note, Crabtree is still freakin' awesome despite dropping the game winning touchdown. Did I mention he's a red shirt freshman? Ok, maybe that's the 10th time I mentioned that. 4 years of this dude! [ThumbsUp] Not to mention all 4 years will be played with the 2 best quarterbacks that Tech has ever had (sorry B.J. Tolliver). 237 yards, 3 tds. eek

#664015 - 22/09/07 07:34 PM Re: Official 2007 College Football Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
[b]We now have the WORST defense in the entire country!!!
I beg to differ. mad
[/b]
You can beg all you want, but you're wrong.

Louisville did play Syracuse!

Page 4 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 16 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal