2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#665528 - 11/03/05 02:56 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Tech's definitely in and still making a run in the Big XII tournament!

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
and the Aggies are off to the... NIT... laugh

Hey, they'll take anything they can get... it's been a long time since they've danced ANYWHERE in March... :p
You guys should be pretty scary in the NIT. Hope ya'll do as good as we did 2 years ago. wink

#665529 - 11/03/05 03:45 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
they do have a much narrower recruiting pool. Not only do you have to have the skills necessary to play, [b]but you need at least a minimum SAT of 1400 to play sports at DUKE.
You can't say that about 95% of teams in the NCAA.
[/b]
i dont know if the rest of you guys have noticed this...but whatever off2cjb posts is very SUSPECT. not only that, its agregiously suspect - basic flat out lies written as fact in order to further his point.

a perfect score on the SAT is like what? 1600?

since he is off to see joe blow i have taken the time to actually look up some information and here is a nice little article that i found:

The Blue Devils Aren\'t Angels

"Earlier this month, the San Jose Mercury News, examining data from 1994-97 (the last four-year period the NCAA used for documentation of grades and test scores), found that freshmen entering Duke on basketball scholarships during that period had an average SAT score of 968. The average SAT score for Duke's freshman class as a whole is generally in the high 1300s."

i think that the mods should impliment a policy of having people post their sources if they intend on stating something as a fact. otherwise i'll start making up stuff too.

#665530 - 11/03/05 08:45 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

#665531 - 11/03/05 09:21 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Unda_Kuva:
Quote:
[b]Originally posted by off2cjb:
they do have a much narrower recruiting pool. Not only do you have to have the skills necessary to play, [b]but you need at least a minimum SAT of 1400 to play sports at DUKE. You can't say that about 95% of teams in the NCAA.
[/b]
i dont know if the rest of you guys have noticed this...but whatever off2cjb posts is very SUSPECT. not only that, its agregiously suspect - basic flat out lies written as fact in order to further his point.

a perfect score on the SAT is like what? 1600?

since he is off to see joe blow i have taken the time to actually look up some information and here is a nice little article that i found:

The Blue Devils Aren\'t Angels

"Earlier this month, the San Jose Mercury News, examining data from 1994-97 (the last four-year period the NCAA used for documentation of grades and test scores), found that freshmen entering Duke on basketball scholarships during that period had an average SAT score of 968. The average SAT score for Duke's freshman class as a whole is generally in the high 1300s."

i think that the mods should impliment a policy of having people post their sources if they intend on stating something as a fact. otherwise i'll start making up stuff too.[/b]
So glad to see your sources are so well known and respected throughout the country. Just because you found some obscure article on some obscure website must mean it is true. I'm sorry, I guess my cousin working in the admissions department is not up on her stats.

#665532 - 13/03/05 03:50 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
IT HAS BEGUN!!!!!!

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/mayhem/brackets/printable_men

Lots of interesting matchups...

Kentucky v. Eastern Kentucky should make for some interesting banter in the hills of Appalachia this week... [Freak]

#665533 - 13/03/05 04:19 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tell y'all what.. UofL got shafted. Granted, I didn't think they should be a #1 seed, but they should have been a #2, #3 seed at worst. But a #4???

Hmm.. Ranked 6th in the country, win your conference tournament, and 3 schools ahead of you all lose in their conference tournaments (Wake Forest, UNC, UK). I almost would rather watch the way football gets ranked at the end of the year... At least there, if you lose a game, you drop in the rankings...

#665534 - 13/03/05 04:22 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Woohoo! I'm happy. Tech got a #6 against UCLA! (Good thing this isn't the UCLA teams of the past.)

I'm shocked that both Texas and ISU got in making 6 Big XII teams. [Freak] Oh well, the more the better. laugh

#665535 - 13/03/05 04:51 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
off2cjb Offline

Florida may have gotten shafted, but don't compare that conference with the ACC. The ACC is the best and toughest conference going right now. Teams from the ACC should not be punished for losing in that championship. I don't see Florida playing teams with the caliber of DUKE, UNC, Wake, Maryland at least twice a year. You play those four teams twice a year and see what your record would be.

I can't believe the Big East got 6 teams.

UNC's bracket should be lots of fun to watch though. I look for a sleeper from that one.

#665536 - 13/03/05 04:54 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

The bracket looks great folks......Florida, Wake, Louisville all look good coming in.......some great match ups early , should be a great tournament........I think the Illini are still the top team to beat.............Go Niagara Go!!!!!!!

#665537 - 14/03/05 08:51 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Every year I have to ask... how can college football not look at what's going on w/ March Madness and see how cool this would be if they did something close to this for football? [Uh Oh !] mad

#665538 - 17/03/05 09:45 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Any UCLA Bruins here? I'm more scared about UCLA than Gonzaga if Tech gets by them.

#665539 - 17/03/05 10:10 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Tonka Ross Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Tell y'all what.. UofL got shafted. Granted, I didn't think they should be a #1 seed, but they should have been a #2, #3 seed at worst. But a #4???...
[Crybaby] [Crybaby] [Crybaby] [Crybaby] [Crybaby] [Crybaby] [Crybaby]

#665540 - 17/03/05 11:06 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

hahaha...the Crimson Tide are getting their asses handed to them! BWAHAHAHAA

#665541 - 17/03/05 01:17 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonka Ross:
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
[qb]Tell y'all what.. UofL got shafted. Granted, I didn't think they should be a #1 seed, but they should have been a #2, #3 seed at worst. But a #4???...
[Crybaby] [Crybaby] [Crybaby] [Crybaby] [Crybaby] [Crybaby] [Crybaby]
[insert image of pussy w/ a dick in its mouth, here...]
Wow. UK really is the shiznit... They really blew away EKU, the community college down the street... [Uh Oh !]

You know, you could at least use the correct logo for the Pussycats... They outlawed the use of the dick-in-mouth logo back in 1996... Welcome to 9 years ago...

#665542 - 17/03/05 10:04 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Yeah baby! Good bye UCLA... bring on Gonzaga!

#665543 - 18/03/05 05:59 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
dyetye Offline

Loc: Spring Hill, KS
Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
I've got Texas Tech going to the Elite 8 this year...

Iowa State wasn't as much of a surprise to me as Texas getting in (and already out). ISU has played some great games against some of the better Big 12 teams.

#665544 - 18/03/05 10:18 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
number41 Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Quote:
I was at that game and God it was boring. The morning games were GREAT (UTEP/Utah anyone?) but UCLA was a real let down. Of course after watching them roll over in the 2nd half of the PAC10 season I I knew their dance would be a short one.

I'll be cheering on the Zag's on Saturday from my perch above the rim at McKale. smile

Small hands in third world countries make quality products.

#665545 - 18/03/05 09:50 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Well, Round 1 is over. How are your brackets holding up? Hope you didn't have Syracuse or Kansas (WTF happened there?). I'm standing pretty good. The worst I've lost is two Sweet 16 teams, but nothing beyond that. Bring on Round 2! [Smoking]

#665546 - 18/03/05 09:52 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
off2cjb Offline

Hopefully, the admin will take charge and combine these three college basketball posts...........

#665547 - 19/03/05 12:15 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

The ultimate choke award so far goes to:

GONZAGA!

Wow, what the hell happened to those guys?

Don't get me wrong - Mark Few is a dick, so I don't feel bad at all...

...but that was a Grade-A choke. [LOL]

#665548 - 19/03/05 01:39 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Go General Knight!

NismoXse02...gotta love that, eh?

laugh
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#665549 - 19/03/05 02:47 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, my picks are completely fucked. I had Syracuse and Kansas in the Final Four, with Kansas winning it all...

...I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue...

#665550 - 19/03/05 03:20 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by number41:
I was at that game and God it was boring. The morning games were GREAT (UTEP/Utah anyone?) but UCLA was a real let down. Of course after watching them roll over in the 2nd half of the PAC10 season I I knew their dance would be a short one.

I'll be cheering on the Zag's on Saturday from my perch above the rim at McKale. smile
Well, sorry UCLA wasn't good enough to make it a good game to watch. I know you were happier with this game though. That was an exciting game to watch. Gonzaga got owned!
What a game! I felt like I contributed, lol. I missed the first half and watched the whole second half. I got to see the General lead his troops to the comeback of the tournament. It's all about Karma baby! I hope we get Wake Forest. We match up pretty good against them and could fight our way into the Elite 8. Go Tech!

#665551 - 19/03/05 04:17 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Gonzaga got owned!
Not to rain on your parade too much (ok, maybe a little :p ), but I watched Gonzaga play quite a bit this year and they just rolled over and died in the second half of this one. I think Tech got very lucky. I'll be pulling for you guys to make it into the Elite 8, as I always pull for the underdog, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

On another note, Arizona is winning now, which I'm glad about - going in I actually thought UAB would pull off the upset. They still may, but it's looking more and more unlikely.

Edit - I want to be clear on this one Nismo, I'm not bagging on your guys and I'm glad they won this game. As I said before, I think Mark Few is a dirty asshole (he's had some recruiting issues with my team's coach, Ernie Kent) so I'm glad they lost.

#665552 - 19/03/05 04:34 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Not to rain on your parade too much (ok, maybe a little :p ), but I watched Gonzaga play quite a bit this year and they just rolled over and died in the second half of this one. I think Tech got very lucky. I'll be pulling for you guys to make it into the Elite 8, as I always pull for the underdog, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Oh, I have no doubt that Gonzaga didn't play well in the second half. However, Tech played horrible in the first half so it all balances out. Looking at Tech's first half stats, they were horrid. I think if you really break it down, Gonzaga just got out coached in the long run. Bobby Knight made some adjustments at half time and the rest is history. That's not really a big surprise to me watching him coach my whole life, but he hasn't done much of that in awhile.

Now, if Tech could avoid the SI cover jinx which screwed them in the '96 Sweet 16 (Ok, Alan Iverson might have had something to do with that [LOL] ), we match up pretty good with Wake Forest (assuming they win).

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal