2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#665553 - 19/03/05 04:38 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Gonzaga just got out coached
That's the best kind of Gonzaga loss. laugh

#665554 - 19/03/05 08:34 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Uh, nevermind. Looks like we get West Virgina. [Freak] I like our chances more. laugh That would be something... Texas Tech in the Elite 8. eek

#665555 - 19/03/05 09:24 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
off2cjb Offline

WOW! WVU over WF.

#665556 - 19/03/05 10:08 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Uh, nevermind. Looks like we get West Virgina. [Freak] I like our chances more. laugh That would be something... Texas Tech in the Elite 8. eek
Knight in the driver's seat...wouldn't be unheard of. He's done more with less.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#665557 - 19/03/05 10:14 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Wake Forest just fucked me.

Dammit! mad

I'm done.

#665558 - 20/03/05 08:19 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
kirby34 Offline

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Cool. I'm now languishing in last place. At least I'm not alone. Hehe.

#665559 - 20/03/05 11:16 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Geesus!

UCONN/NCState is about to bust up some more brackets.

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jimmy V.

#665560 - 20/03/05 12:15 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
They're droppin' like flies, I tell ya!
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#665561 - 21/03/05 05:12 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Duke looked poor but made it in..........UNC looks the best so far to date.........by leaps and bounds........still sticking with UNC vs Illinios in the finals..........Duke will be lucky to beat Michigan St.......Kentucky is looking iffy too........Texas Tech looks tough..........what a great tournament so far, best in a few years..........

#665562 - 21/03/05 08:45 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Yet another tourney rematch between Utah and Kentucky, with the dUKe/Mich St winner awaiting in the wings...

Looks like I will be making the road trip to Austin to try and score some tickets to the game!

[img]http://cmsimg.courier-journal.com/apps/p...e=1002&MaxW=230[/img]

#665563 - 21/03/05 08:49 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Tonka Ross Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
Yet another tourney rematch between Utah and Kentucky, with the dUKe/Mich St winner awaiting in the wings...

Looks like I will be making the road trip to Austin to try and score some tickets to the game!

[img]http://cmsimg.courier-journal.com/apps/p...e=1002&MaxW=230[/img]
Yo, dawg - check your PM.

Bogut is tough, but I think they can handle him. Morris just needs to man up for the rest of the tourney and we'll be fine.

Looking forward to a possible UK kicks dUKe's ass match-up again. [Finger]

Edited to add:

Spanky!

#665564 - 21/03/05 09:07 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

I will have to say, I was impressed w/ Rondo's play on Sat. We really, really shouldn't have let him get away... I'm hoping Rick doesn't go after obvious NBA players, anymore, and let a hometown blue chip get away again. Freaking crazy! Congrats to UK. As much as I hate them, they should have an easy next round matchup w/ Utah. Duke won't be as tough as they normally are, but they'll still be pretty tough. Go Dookies!!!

On another note, they beat them, they'll be in the final game. UNC is overrated, IMO. Heck, Wake beat them last week...

#665565 - 21/03/05 09:24 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
dyetye Offline

Loc: Spring Hill, KS
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoppy:
Duke will be lucky to beat Michigan St.......
Are you serious? Believe me, I am not a Duke fan at all, but I don't see Michigan St doing much against Duke. I thought they would have lost to Old Dominion, and almost did. Then they beat Vermont....woohoo

#665566 - 21/03/05 09:53 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
number41 Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Well, sorry UCLA wasn't good enough to make it a good game to watch. I know you were happier with this game though. That was an exciting game to watch. Gonzaga got owned!
What a game! I felt like I contributed, lol. I missed the first half and watched the whole second half. I got to see the General lead his troops to the comeback of the tournament. It's all about Karma baby! I hope we get Wake Forest. We match up pretty good against them and could fight our way into the Elite 8. Go Tech!
Tech showed a lot of heart in this game for sure. The Zag's looked like they were going to win this one going away for the first 30 minutes or so. In fact, Tech's zone offense was simply terrible. Somehow they came out in the 2nd half and turned it around, putting in easy scores that weren't falling in the 1st half.

I had started out rooting for Gongaza but honestly, their fans are just too fucking obnoxious and it got on my nerves. Now that WF is out, it looks like a date with Washington is looming in the eight. Good luck!

^^^
This was by far the classiest thing I saw all tournament.

---------------------

Bring on Oklahomo State. Half my bracket is fucked but I still got UNC and Arizona in the finals, baby!

Small hands in third world countries make quality products.

#665567 - 21/03/05 10:31 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I had started out rooting for Gongaza but honestly, their fans are just too fucking obnoxious and it got on my nerves. Now that WF is out, it looks like a date with Washington is looming in the eight. Good luck!
No. Looks like a date w/ Louisville is looming in the eight. Washington will have to be EXTREMELY lucky to beat UofL. Forget about seeds at the moment. Washington was ranked 11th going into the tournament, UofL was ranked 5th. Not only that, we've beaten a lot of teams ranked that high, during the season. While it won't be a "no contest", UofL will pull off the win against them. That's something you can practically bank on. GT wasn't a fluke... We've been shooting that well all season long...

#665568 - 21/03/05 11:26 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
I'm in one of those can't lose situations if Louisville gets by Washington. laugh Obviously, I want Tech to win. However, since they weren't expected to go as far as they've gone, I wouldn't be to upset if Louisville won because I picked them and Kentucky in the final game. Why you ask? Because I knew they both have an outside chance of getting in and I knew no one else would pick them. Everyone took the usual Illinois and North Carolina in a field of about 50 players.

Still, Tech getting by WVU isn't a gimmee. It's a lot better than getting Wake Forest, but that's still a damn good team. We have to get by them first before worrying about UofL or Washington.

#665569 - 21/03/05 12:01 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Tonka Ross Offline

Quote:
...I wouldn't be too upset if Louisville won because I picked them and Kentucky in the final game...
Do you understand what would happen to the state of Kentucky if that were to come about? It would be a new Civil War, brother against brother and all that shit.

I am hoping it doesn't come down to that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

How many rednecks can you fit in a gymnasium? We might just find out if those two play each other! (Although this redneck will be at Hoops drinking myself into oblivion). laugh

Edited to add:

Spank!

#665570 - 21/03/05 01:06 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonka Ross:
I'd take two of those "rednecks" anyday... Schweet!!!

If it does come to that in the finals, though, I can promise you one thing... Happy Feet wouldn't be allowed to walk over us this time...

Funny thing, in the Cincy game, the commentators made the comment no less than 3 times, that a traveling should have been called on UK, at different points of the game. You rarely hear commentators call out the refs for bad calls... But watch any UK game, and you'll see that UK can travel with the best of 'em...

edit: Tonka, I may have realized this before, but I just realized (again) that you live in Louisville... For those that don't know, THAT is the reason UofL fans HATE UK fans (despite what the curious journal claims..) Anywhere we go in this city, we constantly see rednecks w/ UK shirts, hats, crap on... We aren't in KY... We're in LOUISVILLE!!! The only time the rest of the state even acknowledges Louisville exists, is during the KY Derby. Case in point, dumbasses in the rest of the state constantly ask, "What time is it, there"... Uhh, same as you?

Ok, off the soapbox, now...

#665571 - 21/03/05 01:43 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Tonka Ross Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
edit: Tonka, I may have realized this before, but I just realized (again) that you live in Louisville... For those that don't know, THAT is the reason UofL fans HATE UK fans (despite what the curious journal claims..) Anywhere we go in this city, we constantly see rednecks w/ UK shirts, hats, crap on... We aren't in KY... We're in LOUISVILLE!!!
Okay, okay. Louisville is in Kentucky and those of us that graduated from UK are surely going to show allegiance to them. I'm a member of the alumni committee, I pay the University plenty every year - so I feel I have the right to root for my alma mater. I can't speak for the others around here, but I doubt most of them graduated from UK, and I know that most of them aren't on the alumni committee.

So, yeah, I've seen the fans you're talking about, but I've also seen my share of drunk, obnoxious UL fans, too. This is the same kind of rivalry as Duke and NC or NC and Wake or Sate and NC and Wake.

Anyway, don't include me in that broad stroke you're laying down, bro.

Spanky

#665572 - 21/03/05 01:47 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
but I've also seen my share of drunk, obnoxious UL fans
Hey! I resemble that remark... And take offense at it (since I'm sober, and at work at the moment...)

Anyways, back to the reg. scheduled March Madness thread... We can debate UofL vs. that horrid Blue school down the road, some other day.

#665573 - 22/03/05 01:40 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonka Ross:
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
[b]edit: Tonka, I may have realized this before, but I just realized (again) that you live in Louisville... For those that don't know, THAT is the reason UofL fans HATE UK fans (despite what the curious journal claims..) Anywhere we go in this city, we constantly see rednecks w/ UK shirts, hats, crap on... We aren't in KY... We're in LOUISVILLE!!!
Okay, okay. Louisville is in Kentucky and those of us that graduated from UK are surely going to show allegiance to them. I'm a member of the alumni committee, I pay the University plenty every year - so I feel I have the right to root for my alma mater. I can't speak for the others around here, but I doubt most of them graduated from UK, and I know that most of them aren't on the alumni committee.

So, yeah, I've seen the fans you're talking about, but I've also seen my share of drunk, obnoxious UL fans, too. This is the same kind of rivalry as Duke and NC or NC and Wake or Sate and NC and Wake.

Anyway, don't include me in that broad stroke you're laying down, bro.

Spanky[/b]
UK Class of '98

go C-A-T-S!!

and a Louisville native (duPont Manual HS class of '94; took summer school at UofL summer '93)... laugh

Go Cards...

... and while I'm at it...

Texas A&M Master's... Class of '04

Gig 'em Aggies! Quarterfinals of the NIT :p

#665574 - 22/03/05 01:49 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
mineralblue Offline

BTW, buddy of mine scored tickets for the both of us through our alumni foundation... he's flyin down to Houston this Thursday...

ROAD TRIP TO AUSTIN!!!

#665575 - 22/03/05 02:16 PM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Xterra Kid 2003 Offline

Loc: Bozeman MT, originally Detroit...
I have been pushing for Michigan State all along, Im a hometown kinda guy and an optimist. smile

#665576 - 23/03/05 06:00 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Duke will be lucky to get by Michigan St. as they are only 6 deep and will get tired. MSt is solid, but will have to play their best gaem to beat Duke, but I think they can. If Duke does win then the next game will be the end for them anyway.....Bobby Knight wil just start showing up to other teams dressing rooms and pummelign them into oblivian so they cant play at all I say! [LOL]

#665577 - 24/03/05 09:57 AM Re: Official March Madness Thread
mineralblue Offline

Four years of college education: $$$

Pair of game tickets through the UK Alumni association to see Kentucky play Utah and maybe eventually Duke on Friday and Sunday: $120

Gas to Austin: $30

Going to see the game on Friday with an old UK buddy: priceless.

Selling your Sunday game tickets ($60 each) on eBay for $250 since you can't stay in Austin through Easter: even better.

GO CATS!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal