2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 6 of 18 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#667103 - 21/09/06 08:11 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
I was just about to post that!! [ThumbsUp]

Perfect timing since I just posted this on page 8:
Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Nevermind the fact that there was more proof of them screwing us in basketball with their clock operator a couple years before.
Karma's a bitch!

#667104 - 21/09/06 12:25 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
I <3 Bobby Knight. He is such an ass! laugh

#667105 - 22/09/06 04:01 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Quote:
Originally posted by eli:
[b]you're saying that you wouldn't whine and bitch if a ref made a call that completely changed the outcome of the game? It wasn't like hte call was made in the 3rd quarter, it was literally right before the game ended. sure they didnt stop oregon on that drive, but it was the last drive of the game, with what, less than a minute left?
This was one call out of many that "changed" the game. You can't single this one out and say it was the only one that had an impact, because that is, frankly, bullshit. There were many BS calls against Oregon before this one.

When Oregon recovered the onsides kick, OU had a 6 point lead and could have won if they manned up on defense. They didn't.

After OU returned the ball to the Oregon 30, they could have called a good play (as opposed to no gain up the middle) and gained some yards.

After the previously mentioned bonehead play, they could have actually converted the field goal. Instead, their line got blown off their blocks and the kick was blocked.

The refs did NOT cost OU this game. Stoops and company needs to grow a pair and realize that.[/b]
You guys are funny, acting like you'd be all cool if the refs had hosed Oregon. I'm calling major BS on that.

#667106 - 22/09/06 11:35 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:
You guys are funny, acting like you'd be all cool if the refs had hosed Oregon. I'm calling major BS on that.
I'm sure I'd be pissed, but I'm also sure I'd be rational enough realize my team didn't lose because of ONE call.

[Crybaby]

#667107 - 22/09/06 12:02 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I'm sure I'd be pissed, but I'm also sure I'd be rational enough realize my team didn't lose because of ONE call.

[Crybaby]
Agreed. Anybody that actually played sports will tell you that the refs never truly decide a game. You're more pissed at yourself for being in the position to let the officials influence the outcome in any way.

#667108 - 22/09/06 12:10 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

At the risk of getting back on topic...

Not nearly as many big games this weekend. The only games between ranked opponents are Cal v. ASU and Penn State v. OSU. OSU should have little trouble with Penn State. I don't have a good feel for Cal v. ASU. Cal looked horrible in their opener and still has no QB, but ASU has looked very ordinary against some really bad teams. Frankly neither has done much to warrant a top 25 ranking at this point.

One game of particular interest to me is actually Idaho v. Oregon State. Dennis Erickson, who won a couple of NC's with Miami and brought OSU from pathetic to top 5 with a BCS win over Notre Dame, has gone back to his roots and is now once again the head coach of the Idaho Vandals. While I'm sure Erickson will eventually get Idaho up to solid mid-major status, the team certainly isn't there yet. But Oregon State is very bad this year and Boise State provided everybody with a blueprint of how to beat them - stack the box and make them throw to beat you (they have a horrible passing offense). It will be interesting to see if Erickson can come up with a win in his big homecoming.

#667109 - 22/09/06 02:00 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by FlyFishingX:
Quote:
[b]I'm sure I'd be pissed, but I'm also sure I'd be rational enough realize my team didn't lose because of ONE call.

[Crybaby]
Agreed. Anybody that actually played sports will tell you that the refs never truly decide a game. You're more pissed at yourself for being in the position to let the officials influence the outcome in any way.[/b]
In most cases I'd agree. This time, no. If that one call is made correctly, game's over.

So we'll agree to disagree.

#667110 - 22/09/06 09:00 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
I have one final statement to make.

The refs weren't playing defense on that last UO drive. They weren't playing offense leading up to the last FG try for OU. The refs didn't look like this ( [LOL] ):

#667111 - 23/09/06 08:42 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
It's great to be a Florida...

#667112 - 24/09/06 07:56 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Michigan State - you suck. You had a piss-poor team dead to rights, and you couged it. When you lead 31-14 in the 3rd quarter, at home, in the rain, and lose, you have a very bad coaching staff.

As I understand it, ND needs only one more win to lock-up a BCS bowl. [Freak]

In other news, Idaho got blasted by a terrible Oregon State. Erickson may be a good coach, but his team sucks. ASU got blasted by Cal. Losing 15 backs in 3 games is starting to catch up to SC. The damn Fuskies won. [ThumbsDown]

Congrats to OU and Tech for bringing back respectability to the Big-12 with the stirring wins over Middle Tenn. State and Southeastern Louisiana. [ThumbsUp]

[LOL]

#667113 - 24/09/06 10:41 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
As I understand it, ND needs only one more win to lock-up a BCS bowl. [Freak]
Nah. They still have to finish in the top 8 of the BCS rankings to automatically qualify for a BCS game; top 12 to be in the consideration for one, per the new deal.

What sucks the most, though, is if they don't go to a BCS bowl game, then they are eligible to the first Big East bowl game available, provided they are bowl eligible. Which means conceivably a 6-6 Notre Dame team could go to the Gator Bowl ahead of an 11-1 Louisville or West Virginia team, since having Notre Dame pretty much guarantees a bowl game will sell out its tickets & TV advertisements. BUT, Notre Dame does not have to share their bowl game $$ with anyone... Essentially, they get the benefits of the Big East Conference, without having to pay a bloody cent. Which frankly, is the biggest crock of shit I've ever seen...

#667114 - 24/09/06 11:32 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Quote:
[b]As I understand it, ND needs only one more win to lock-up a BCS bowl. [Freak]
Nah. They still have to finish in the top 8 of the BCS rankings to automatically qualify for a BCS game; top 12 to be in the consideration for one, per the new deal.
[/b]
I know - it was just a domer flame on my part. [Too much XOC]

In other news, Oregon dropped 1 spot to 14 in the AP poll, still at 12 in the Coaches. Both ahead of the pOUters. [Finger]

#667115 - 24/09/06 12:25 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Go Hawks! This weekend Iowa vs. OSU it will be glorious.

#667116 - 25/09/06 05:31 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

GO BUCKS!

#667117 - 25/09/06 01:46 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh, it's on! laugh

#667118 - 25/09/06 05:04 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

I just got back from Vegas. Kind of mad that I pushed on the Notre Dame game, but I was lucky enough to get that. [Freak]

As far as Tech goes... we're back baby! NCAA finally allowed our stud receiver to be eligible (seriously, take your time NCAA :rolleyes: ), just in time for the game that will make or break our season. He only had 3 catches for 59 yards and a touchdown, but he didn't play much in our blowout against a some school of the blind team. Next up, the Aggholes... errr Aggies. We would normally blow them out every year, but it's a different story when we play them at their house, home of the 12th man. There's talks of moving this game to Dallas every year in which case, we may never lose to them. [LOL] Anyway, if we win, Franchione may be on his way out. laugh

BTW, [LOL] at Georgia! Tough game against those mighty Buffs. [Spit]

#667119 - 26/09/06 10:00 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Next up, the Aggholes... errr Aggies.
[Finger]

#667120 - 26/09/06 10:09 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

More random, but good pictures...

#667121 - 29/09/06 07:49 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

In celebration of the annual A&M-Tech game...

Cheers! [drink]

#667122 - 29/09/06 10:21 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Game on!

Wreck 'em, Tech!

#667123 - 29/09/06 12:07 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

Beat the Hell outta Tech!

#667124 - 29/09/06 12:25 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Zach Thomas owning A&M my freshman Year:

Sammy Morris and Wes Welker continuing the tradition:

#667125 - 29/09/06 05:54 PM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

As most of you may know, ESPN's college GameDay is in Iowa City this weekend. And lucky for me I go to Iowa. Here are some pics from the taping this afternoon for sportscenter.

Xterra representing on the GameDay set

i guess there's nothing else to do on a friday afternoon in iowa city

I will put more up on Sunday after i recover from saturday.

Go Hawks!

#667126 - 01/10/06 04:55 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Go Bucks!

#667127 - 01/10/06 08:52 AM Re: Official 2006 College Football Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

WHAT A FREAKIN' CATCH!!

Page 6 of 18 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal