2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#667875 - 08/05/03 06:43 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Jeez man, I'm fired up that they ever got this far. On one hand, if the Wild get clobbered tonight you gotta think, "They had a hell of a run!"

But on the other hand you'd think, "Damn, they had them RIGHT WHERE THEY WANTED THEM!"

Rolison had an unbelievable game last night, but he was looking a bit "over stretched" by the end of the game. 24 hours may not be enough re-coup time. Especially since they crammed his body onto a plane last night.

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#667876 - 08/05/03 07:20 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Guido Offline

Loc: Albertville, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
Jeez man, I'm fired up that they ever got this far. On one hand, if the Wild get clobbered tonight you gotta think, "They had a hell of a run!"

But on the other hand you'd think, "Damn, they had them RIGHT WHERE THEY WANTED THEM!"

Rolison had an unbelievable game last night, but he was looking a bit "over stretched" by the end of the game. 24 hours may not be enough re-coup time. Especially since they crammed his body onto a plane last night.
I think Fernandez will start tonight. If there was day between games, I could see Rolison starting, but not within 24 hrs. But you know what they say, go with the hot hand.

I know one thing, if I ever see Matt Cooke, it will be too soon, I am so sick of that whiney little cheap ass bitch!

It sucks that these last two games have been during finals week, I was up late Monday night, couldn't concentrate on studying until after the game, and I was up late last night studying for my final today.

But you have to have your priorities in order...that is why studying came after the games!!! laugh

#667877 - 08/05/03 07:51 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
The Wild are impressing me (feel so good for little Cliffy Ronning!) . . .

And the Ducks are scaring me!! eek
12 goals in two games.

The Canucks are toast. They're mentally defeated.

If the Canucks win tonight, it will be luck, and because the Wild threw it away . . .

Fernandez had Colorado's number; Roloson has Vancouver's . . .

Good luck Wild against the Ducks -- you're gonna need it! laugh

#667878 - 08/05/03 07:54 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by VicKevlar:
You kinda get the feeling that if the Wild score first tonight....it's all over. The Wild are in Cloutier's head and I'm sure the Canuck fans will be quite the boo-birds if Minnesota jumps out on top early.
You'd be surprised how many Canucks fans are civilized people.

On the other hand, one of the largest riots in Vancouver's history happened the night the 'Nucks lost the Stanley Cup game 7 to the Rangers in '94 . . . [Freak]

Jens, Claus . . . better start putting up the plywood on the windows. Tonight could be ugly . . . laugh

#667879 - 08/05/03 07:59 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
airbutchie Offline

Loc: Where the freakin' Rose Parade...
Quote:
Originally posted by Xtoolbox:
So who wants to put up or shut up? laugh

Yeah that's right I'll take my Ducks against any other team in the WC finals or for the Cup after that for a case of beer (Fat Tire or you name it?) shipped to the winner.
Hhahahha... Lay the smackdown, Brian!!! First the Angels, now the "ALMIGHTY DUCKS!!!" Hmmmm... Maybe they should send over the Clippers to OC (Orange County for you non-Los Angeles folks) and possibly make it into the playoffs... Nah... We wouldn't wanna 'Schlep-Rock' any OC team into submission!!! GO DUCKS!!!

- Air B

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH THESE DAMN LAKERS!!! Aight, I'm done venting... I'll go post my frustrations on the bball thread!! Laterz ya'll...

#667880 - 08/05/03 07:59 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
TravelingFool Offline

Quote:
Jens, Claus . . . better start putting up the plywood on the windows. Tonight could be ugly . . . laugh
Where are those two today? Haven't heard much from either of them. Probably still at home with their jaws stuck to the floor.

#667881 - 08/05/03 09:04 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Claus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
Quote:
[b]Jens, Claus . . . better start putting up the plywood on the windows. Tonight could be ugly . . . laugh
Where are those two today? Haven't heard much from either of them. Probably still at home with their jaws stuck to the floor.[/b]
Well let me get into work, get a Starbucks and beat the staff before the fun starts.....

Yes indeed, It was a pyle of shit. We need a miracle to rebound from this Rodney King like beating.

I like the intensity of it all adn yes we are poised for a good riot either way.....

Go Canucks!

#667882 - 08/05/03 09:32 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
babyX Offline

I'm gonna start sucking up the sugar and caffeine to stay awake for tonight's game.

C'mon, Canucks!!

I don't care if they win by luck or sheer willpower, so long as they win!

#667883 - 08/05/03 10:10 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
I hope the Wild win this one. The Ducks-Wild series should be a good one. I gotta pick the Ducks to win though.

#667884 - 08/05/03 09:36 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
bn300 Offline

Loc: Buffalo, MN
Yep. Bye bye Canucks.
Who's next for an ass whoopin'?
[Wave]

#667885 - 08/05/03 09:49 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Claus Offline

Respect

#667886 - 08/05/03 10:21 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Guido Offline

Loc: Albertville, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by Claus A Christensen:
Respect
Very classy Claus...your team played hard (a little too hard at times wink )and gave us a great series. I hope you will help us cheer the Wild as they take it to Anaheim.

By the way, I love your signature. I hope NY Madman appreciates it.

#667887 - 08/05/03 10:47 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Claus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Guido:
Quote:
Originally posted by Claus A Christensen:
[b]Respect
Very classy Claus...your team played hard (a little too hard at times wink )and gave us a great series. I hope you will help us cheer the Wild as they take it to Anaheim.

By the way, I love your signature. I hope NY Madman appreciates it.[/b]
I would but you know what?. Mark Crawford was left to shake the waterboys hands after the game...That fuck Jacques just fucked off...very classy...I hate that french arrogant prick.

The only thing I did not like about this series was the style of play. short of calling it boring, the deadmeat defence and hugging only left a slow tight game with few rockem sock em chances...

I do hope the "team everyone laughed at" comes 2nd after Ottawa.

#667888 - 08/05/03 11:37 PM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
bc_girl76 Offline

Loc: Cloverdale, BC CANADA
Congrats to the Wild...you played great as a team and you deserved the wins you got. I went to all the games and I love my Canucks, but they finally used up all their luck. Good luck with the Ducks. GO SENS GO!! [Wave]

#667889 - 09/05/03 12:50 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Costas Offline

Loc: Burnaby, B.C.
Quote:
Originally posted by bc_girl76:
Congrats to the Wild...you played great as a team and you deserved the wins you got. I went to all the games and I love my Canucks, but they finally used up all their luck. Good luck with the Ducks. GO SENS GO!! [Wave]
No shit...they got so used to coming back from behind, they gave away the last two games (prior to tonight - fuck it was painful). The whole team should have been benched after game 5.

Must be the easy-going west coast attitude.

[Geek]

Good luck to the Wild...I'm a Habs fan, so I really like Jacque Lemaire. Mind you, Claus...I didn't watch past the end of the 3rd period, so I don't know about the Crawford thing...

#667890 - 09/05/03 01:08 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver
I did something better than watch our team lose tonight -- had dinner with a cute girl. Still, a win (and a kiss dammit) would have been nice. [LOL]

The Wild are ... wild! Great comeback, what can we say, they got the skills to pay the bills.

And Claus, trim that sig man, what do you think this is, the POR board? :rolleyes:

#667891 - 09/05/03 01:11 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Costas Offline

Loc: Burnaby, B.C.
Quote:
Originally posted by superjens:
I did something better than watch our team lose tonight -- had dinner with a cute girl.
Sounds like a 'win' to me!!!!!
laugh

#667892 - 09/05/03 04:27 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
The Wild vs. The Mighty Ducks....The Wild, vs The Mighty Ducks. If you had said that to me before this started I wouldve told you, you are a moron and know nothing about hockey.

I guess I have to pick the Wild over The Ducks.
I pick Ottawa over NJ.

I guess we will be seeing alot of 1-0 games over the next 10 days.

Ottawa wins the cup.

#667893 - 09/05/03 05:51 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
TravelingFool Offline

[Crybaby] [Crybaby] [Crybaby] [Crybaby] [Crybaby] [Crybaby] [Crybaby]

Yo, Mr. "There won't be a game 6" Bertuzzi... can you count to 7!?!

All I can say after staying up to watch the game is, "Improbable, Implausible, Absolutely Ridiculous!"

Despite Jacques acting like a horse's ass (can we still say, "fuck the french?"), I was really proud of those guys last night.

Maybe we should just spot the Ducks a 3-1 lead in the series!

bn300, I may have a line on some tickets... but they won't be cheap ($150, upper deck). Wanna go if I can get 'em?

#667894 - 09/05/03 07:29 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
GrayHam Offline

Well done Minnesota!

A good round, a ton of heart, and it's amazing what a tiny little veteran leader who has been through this shit before can do for a club!

Congrats to little Cliffy Ronning! That guy has some stones . . .

Well done, Wild . . . again, good luck with the Ducks!

#667895 - 09/05/03 07:34 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
2001frontier Offline

Maybe this is good for hockey. It shows that anything can happen. I will be glued to this series. Should be interesting. I like low scoring defensive hockey myself. It all hinged on JSG. If he keeps up his play, I don't think the Wild have a chance. Anaheim is a disciplined team. They won't give up all the power play chances that the Wild are used to getting.

#667896 - 09/05/03 07:43 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
TravelingFool Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
Maybe this is good for hockey.
Its good for a hell of a lot more than that! Consider the MN Twins, the MN Wild, and the MN Timberwolves.

Which team has spent over 100 million dollars on franchise "talent?"

Now...

Which team is 6-0 in elimination games?
Which team won their division the very year their owner announced they would be eliminated through contraction?
Which team has gotten their ass BOUNCED in the first round of the playoffs for the last 7 straight years?

I argue that the Wild (especially in their win over Colorado) are setting an example for the rest of sports that it takes a lot more than money to win.

#667897 - 09/05/03 08:04 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
2001frontier Offline

I couldn't agree more about the money thing. The Rangers (in baseball mad and hockey) are prime examples. You got to spend wisely. I will say that 9 times out of 10 the team that can afford the big payroll will beat the small market team. That is if they have a good management team. The Yankees would be a good example for that.

#667898 - 09/05/03 08:37 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
TravelingFool Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
I will say that 9 times out of 10 the team that can afford the big payroll will beat the small market team. That is if they have a good management team. The Yankees would be a good example for that.
They haven't bought "wisely" though... the Yankees have simply bought "it all." They have players in their farm league that are better than LOTS of starting players on other teams. Hell, they buy people and stuff them into AAA ball just so the BOSOX don't get them. That's ugly.

#667899 - 09/05/03 09:30 AM Re: The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here......
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by bn300:
Deal Brian!
IF I lose, Ian will send you the beer directly. From Denver. The Mile High City. Where it's tough to get a tee time because the Av's are F'ing [b]DONE!

[Finger] [/b]
Yeah its on now BN laugh

Congratulation to the Wild smile that's what hockey is all about.

So IAN lost a bet and you're third partying it out now? That's ok as long as he pays up, otherwise ouchy the clown is going to be paying somebody a visit wink

Ducks in 6!

Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal