Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#669645 - 16/11/05 06:13 PM Re: NCAA Hoops
kirby34 Offline

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Doug703:
Hell, our bball team can't be any worse then our football team!!!
Shhhhh! You're supposed to deny that SU even has a football team. At least, that's what I tell everyone around here.

#669646 - 16/11/05 10:33 PM Re: NCAA Hoops
Anonymous
Unregistered

Doug, you know it's all in good fun.

WVU does have 4 starters back. They are always better than they are given credit for, at least in past years.

This is the best team that they have had in a long time, though....and I'm positive that they're going to do very well this year.

Pittsnogle is in no way the entire team, Gansey is much better. However, in the summer of 2004, Pittsnogle played on a national collegiate team w/ a bunch of big names and, I believe, was the second leading scorer and was the "6th man". He was good before they went on their end of the season rampage.

#669647 - 17/11/05 07:19 AM Re: NCAA Hoops
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by A Katonk:
Quote:
Originally posted by Doug703:
[b]Hell, our bball team can't be any worse then our football team!!!
Shhhhh! You're supposed to deny that SU even has a football team. At least, that's what I tell everyone around here.[/b]
You are preaching to the choir. I am friends with a lot of people from SEC schools and tend to hang out with them to watch their teams play (for the beer and women -- not the team). And some of them legitimately ask me "How did Syracuse do today?" I act like a scorned parent and respond with "I don't know. I didn't watch it. Basketball season is almost here."

Quote:
Originally posted by XMountaineer:
Doug, you know it's all in good fun.
Absolutely! Did I sound pissed off in my post? I like talking about Big East bball -- five teams preranked in the Top 25 (actually, top 16)!! The Big East could be the dominate bball conference in the country next year... if not this year (I can hold out hope for this year).

#669648 - 17/11/05 07:25 AM Re: NCAA Hoops
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Big game tonight, Doug. Looks like we'll see how good our teams really are. [ThumbsUp]

#669649 - 17/11/05 08:48 AM Re: NCAA Hoops
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
WVU does have 4 starters back. They are always better than they are given credit for, at least in past years.

This is the best team that they have had in a long time, though....and I'm positive that they're going to do very well this year.

Doesn't matter... Hit all the baskets you want, you'll still lose...

GO CARDS!

#669650 - 17/11/05 08:31 PM Re: NCAA Hoops
Anonymous
Unregistered

I dont know whats going on with TTU teams. They must be reading their press clippings to much. As one of the commentators said,"Texas Tech is being humiliated by Syracuse." That was hard for me to hear.

mad

#669651 - 17/11/05 09:33 PM Re: NCAA Hoops
NismoXse02 Offline

GG Cuse fans. We're just way too young to compete with your boys. Good luck the rest of the way.

Gils, 7 freshman isn't going to get you very far, even with the General in control. Look for a huge improvement from the beginning of the season to the end of the season though. [ThumbsUp]

#669652 - 18/11/05 04:51 AM Re: NCAA Hoops
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Quote:
[b]WVU does have 4 starters back. They are always better than they are given credit for, at least in past years.

GO CARDS!

[/b]
I don't know, we're kinda pissed about that loss last year.

at least we beat you in football

#669653 - 18/11/05 06:02 AM Re: NCAA Hoops
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
GG Cuse fans. We're just way too young to compete with your boys. Good luck the rest of the way.

Gils, 7 freshman isn't going to get you very far, even with the General in control. Look for a huge improvement from the beginning of the season to the end of the season though. [ThumbsUp]
I wonder if practice for TT will start as soon as they hit the tarmac back at home. A couple of times Bobby's face was the same color as his shirt collar. At least TT didn't give up -- or at least didn't come across as having given up. Two of the best college coaches of all time on the same court is always exciting.

Look out FL - here we come.

LET'S GO ORANGE!!!

#669654 - 18/11/05 06:54 AM Re: NCAA Hoops
Anonymous
Unregistered

#3 Texas is next for WVU on Monday, I guess this will the be test for them early in the season

#669655 - 19/11/05 06:50 PM Re: NCAA Hoops
Anonymous
Unregistered

i have a feeling texas is gonna threepeet this year. We already won baseball, we're gonna win football, and I hope we can win basketball. go UT.

#669656 - 19/11/05 07:15 PM Re: NCAA Hoops
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by eli:
i have a feeling texas is gonna threepeet this year. We already won baseball, we're gonna win football, and I hope we can win basketball. go UT.
Well, although UT sports is at an alltime high right now, your "3-peat" can only occur with this coming baseball season, not last years. smile

On a side note, Tech had a great showing against Wake Forest and really should have won it (just one free throw damnit). Still, it's early in the year and give the General some time to work with these freshman, we could be a huge factor in the Big XII. [ThumbsUp]

#669657 - 10/12/05 11:35 AM Re: NCAA Hoops
off2cjb Offline

#2 Texas does not look like it belongs there at halftime. As the Cameron Crazies will soon be cheering:

O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D!!!!!

#669658 - 10/12/05 03:27 PM Re: NCAA Hoops
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
[b]
Quote:
[b]WVU does have 4 starters back. They are always better than they are given credit for, at least in past years.

GO CARDS!

[/b]
I don't know, we're kinda pissed about that loss last year.

at least we beat you in football[/b]
Just giving you a hard time. I'll cheer for WV whenever they're not playing us. Got to route for the Big East, no matter what. ESPECIALLY in football these day. Gonna' be a good game against Georgia, I think. WV doesn't get any credit for football at all, but y'all are a pretty strong team. Man, wish y'all didn't get matched up against Georgia, only 45 minutes away from their freaking campus, though!

#669659 - 10/12/05 07:10 PM Re: NCAA Hoops
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
#2 Texas does not look like it belongs there at halftime. As the Cameron Crazies will soon be cheering:

O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D!!!!!
Well, I could of told you that. The horns are a top 15 team, but they are completely out of the league of the Dukies. Still, I thought they would have given them a game after seeing Duke almost lose at home to VaTech. Maybe that was a wake up call. It's going to be like 2-3 teams and everybody else.

#669660 - 10/12/05 07:23 PM Re: NCAA Hoops
Anonymous
Unregistered

yea, it didnt really go well for the longhorns today. we played sloppy and couldnt finish. oh well, its not the end of the world. but damn JJ Reddick is good.

#669661 - 10/12/05 09:51 PM Re: NCAA Hoops
off2cjb Offline

I really was worried about Texas. I can't believe they played Tucker like they did. Yes, JJ is tremendous, but like every other (almost), he will be medicore in the NBA.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal