2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#672367 - 20/07/10 12:46 AM New to forums, from California!
Yeah,Buddy Offline

Loc: California, USA
grin
Hey there, my name is Marissa from California!

I'll tell you a little about myself and what I want to do.
First off I have a 2000 Nissan Xterra.
I used to go on nicoclub but there Nissan Truck//SUV forums weren't really that great, only got started onto that site cause my husband is a hardcore 240 owner and expert and he told me to try them first, but no one would help. So I found this site.

It's frustrating being a girl and not getting the respect I deserve for going off-roading, it's also hard to talk to people when I do have a just starting out knowledge with cars.
So I'm trying to gain knowledge here and learn how to do the things I want to it.

First off, I've owned this car since last October, I haven't done really much to it except normal tune ups here and there, really expensive $700 tires for dirting around, and some other minor outside fixtures.

1. I would love to tint all the windows (excluding the windshield of course), does anyone know the regulations for the driver and passenger window in California? I want to get it as dark as I can.
2. I want to get a grille guard, and a back guard as well for my tail lights.
3. I'm not sure if I want to lift the car at all, is there any special reasons why it would be a bad idea?
4. I would also love to turn it into a RHD, that would be my dream but I haven no idea if that is even possible
5. Lastly I would love to get my all around bumper to be a complete black instead of the grey it is now. I have a yellow Xterra and I think it would be really clean looking to have the black tinted windows, yellow car, and really black bumper, and suggestions? I keep hearing people say just rattle can it, but I'm not sure if that would be to ghetto? haha

That's it for now! Thanks!!
smirk

#672380 - 20/07/10 07:36 PM Re: New to forums, from California! [Re: Yeah,Buddy]
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Originally Posted By: Yeah,Buddy
grin
Hey there, my name is Marissa from California!

I'll tell you a little about myself and what I want to do.
First off I have a 2000 Nissan Xterra.
I used to go on nicoclub but there Nissan Truck//SUV forums weren't really that great, only got started onto that site cause my husband is a hardcore 240 owner and expert and he told me to try them first, but no one would help. So I found this site.

It's frustrating being a girl and not getting the respect I deserve for going off-roading, it's also hard to talk to people when I do have a just starting out knowledge with cars.
So I'm trying to gain knowledge here and learn how to do the things I want to it.

First off, I've owned this car since last October, I haven't done really much to it except normal tune ups here and there, really expensive $700 tires for dirting around, and some other minor outside fixtures.

1. I would love to tint all the windows (excluding the windshield of course), does anyone know the regulations for the driver and passenger window in California? I want to get it as dark as I can.
2. I want to get a grille guard, and a back guard as well for my tail lights.
3. I'm not sure if I want to lift the car at all, is there any special reasons why it would be a bad idea?
4. I would also love to turn it into a RHD, that would be my dream but I haven no idea if that is even possible
5. Lastly I would love to get my all around bumper to be a complete black instead of the grey it is now. I have a yellow Xterra and I think it would be really clean looking to have the black tinted windows, yellow car, and really black bumper, and suggestions? I keep hearing people say just rattle can it, but I'm not sure if that would be to ghetto? haha

That's it for now! Thanks!!
smirk

Hi!

1) Dunno on the tint, sorry
2) Grill guards, and especially those tail light "protectors" fall into the category of bling and aren't very highly thought-of around here (though if you really what them, by all means...). They actually cause the damage to be worse if you hit anything substantial with them on. Now winch bumpers (Shrockworks, Calmini, ARB, TJM) are a different story
3) Lifts... pretty much any real aftermarket modification will cause extra wear and stress on a vehicle and will shorten its lifespan a bit. Suspension lifts cause extra wear on the already-weak steering components on an Xterra. Body lifts are a bit easier on the truck, but they can be more work... - so there are some reasons NOT to do it. A truck with a bit of lift sure does look nice, though, and the extra clearance doesn't hurt offroad. Check out calmini and 4x4parts.com for some options (4x4parts specializes in Nissan and they have a lot of cool stuff - axle lockers, suspension lifts, body lifts etc etc).
4) Does RHD mean right-hand drive? That sounds like a huge and very expensive project. I can't imagine that would be doable for a reasonable cost.
5) Try Mothers Back to Black for the bumpers. A lot of people swear by it. It does wear off over time and you have to re-apply, but it's supposed to work better than most other such products.

#672381 - 20/07/10 07:44 PM Re: New to forums, from California! [Re: Kaiser]
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Might as well show what a hypocrite I am.... here's my "stock" truck wink

#672391 - 21/07/10 10:41 AM Re: New to forums, from California! [Re: Kaiser]
e207 Offline

Loc: Ashland, PA U.S.A.
tint laws, ask your local PD, That way you know for sure what's allowed or not. plastic back to black,.. search here, or even YouTube, I've seen several vids showing ppl using heat guns to turn it back to black..
Reman'd engine installed 5/16/09 at 87,894 miles

Captain 38-90
Member of Fire District-38 Station-1 since 1991.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/172465012765747/
http://www.pioneertunnel.com/home.shtml

#672397 - 21/07/10 04:55 PM Re: New to forums, from California! [Re: e207]
RNTKnives Offline
A

Loc: Prepping for the Zombie Apocol...
Post up progress pice. I'm in the process of a Calmini lift as we speak.

BTW... Welcome to XOC>

Jeff!

Original Registration, NOV '07
Pre-crash post count - 396

"...the Earth will continue turnning, even when justice dies." (Revy Two Hand, Black Lagoon)

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal