Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#67299 - 03/04/02 11:54 AM Yakima Loadwarrior Question..
AlohaXterra Offline

Loc: Maui, Hawaii
I've heard the loadwarrior will mount directly to the Xterras stock roof rack without any mounts, Is this true? and how is it done.. also If you have the loadwarrior on, will I still be able to take the stock roof basket in and out without removing the warrior? Any pics of the mount anyone?? Tahnks again..
Been thinking of a rack for awhile and www.rei.com has them for 199.00 with a net seems like a great deal for this rack.. confused

#67300 - 03/04/02 11:59 AM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior Question..
ILUVMYX Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Yes, it mounts directly to the stock crossbars with no problems and no other attachments. I can't take my basket in and out, but it may be possible if you mount the LoadWarrior all the way back. I don't really know.

#67301 - 03/04/02 12:01 PM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior Question..
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Only if you get the extension will the Loadwarrior impede the cargo gear basket I think... The basic unextended Loadwarrior shouldnt impede the gear basket if you mount it far enough behind the gear basket. No other gear is necesary to mount it to the cross bars... go to www.Yakima.com and you will find a flash animation on the mounting procedure (and instructions are also located at www.xterraparts.com)

As for pictures, I know Boarderphreak has pics of the the loadwarrior on his site at www.xterrafirma.com Also try using the search feature on the pictures forum and you will find a few more pics...

#67302 - 03/04/02 12:10 PM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior Question..
jorge Offline

Loc: Montclair, NJ
I have another question about the Load Warrior. What is the max weight it can handle? I assume it would be the max weight for the aluminum Xterra roofrack, but I don't know that either.

..jorge

Plethora of photos , videos , a Phlog ,
and a site with kittens .
www.njax.net
NJAX.net profile
--------------------
Homer, I see your daughter is one of those wave-kissing, Dukakis-hugging moon maidens.

#67303 - 03/04/02 12:12 PM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior Question..
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Vigre:
I have another question about the Load Warrior. What is the max weight it can handle? I assume it would be the max weight for the aluminum Xterra roofrack, but I don't know that either.

..jorge
It just so happens Im readin the documentation here and the Loadwarrior weight limit is 140 lbs (63kg). The rack itself weighs 25lbs. People have been using their Loadwarriors to mount their spare tire on top (using the spare tire mount sold separately) without problems... Dont know the Xterra's roof rack weight limit off the top of my head...

#67304 - 03/04/02 02:25 PM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior Question..
rmasters Offline

Loc: Rochester, NY USA
I have one and I love it. Mostly just use it for the bikes, but I've also loaded it up with firewood and other camping gear. I have it set all the way back, but not awkwardly so, and the basket comes out easy enough. That's without the extension, however. It does make parking in the garage impossible since it adds about six inches of height.

Rick

#67305 - 03/04/02 05:18 PM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior Question..
ILUVMYX Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by rmasters:
It does make parking in the garage impossible since it adds about six inches of height.
Good point to remember for anyone interested in getting one. If you park in the garage, or a parking structure at work, don't get one! It's already been a bit of a pain for me not to be able to park in a parking structure.

#67306 - 03/04/02 11:47 PM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior Question..
mineralblue Offline

I believe the official weight limit on the roof rack is 125lbs. With the loadwarrior weighing 25lbs, you could carry just over 100 lbs no problem... You could probably carry more than that, but then you also begin to deal with issues regarding vehicle center of gravity.

#67307 - 04/04/02 05:59 AM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior Question..
off2cjb Offline

With the Yakima Loadwarrior installed and some AAL's on the back and bars turned upfront, my truck is approx 7'4" high. It does however move those dangling parking height signs out of the way nicely with little to no damage.

#67308 - 05/04/02 07:42 AM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior Question..
X-Rack Offline

Loc: USA
Here's some pics...Hope this helps....

laugh

#67309 - 05/04/02 10:36 AM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior Question..
rmasters Offline

Loc: Rochester, NY USA
Those extra bars that extend outside the Load Warrior rock!!! smile I've been thinking about doing that. Are you using the Xtowers for that? I was looking for a way to connect them right to the Load Warrior.

Rick

#67310 - 05/04/02 09:17 PM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior Question..
X-Rack Offline

Loc: USA
What up RMasters!

I actually bought the bars and the xtowers to mount my load warrior.

I did not like how the install looked so i mounted the load warrior right to the xterra.
Having no use for the xtowers and bars, i decided to integrate it with the load warrior. Guess it doesn't look to bad...Here's the full passenger side view.....

X-Rack laugh

#67311 - 06/04/02 12:28 AM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior Question..
apwired Offline

Loc: LA, CA, USA
Hey there Aloha...
The rack rocks, however does get in the way of the stock rack if you get the extension insert.

I have found it to hold lots of weight - approx 300lbs at one point hiking in Yosemite carying 7 peoples backpacks.....

And although its a snap to mount to the stock rack, I find its much easier to remove when you need to by taking the cross bars along with it.... the four torx screws removal sure beats the removal of all eight screw sets from the loadwarrior! smile

enjoy it!
-alfonse

#67312 - 06/04/02 01:13 AM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior Question..
AlohaXterra Offline

Loc: Maui, Hawaii
hey thank you everyone for the help.. now just need to order it.. The height is the only thing that bugs me, but it will hold more of the stuff i need it to hold.. and whats an extra 2 1/2" inches over most other racks right?? Hey thanks again [Huh?]

#67313 - 06/04/02 07:45 AM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior Question..
mineralblue Offline

The way I see it, having to pay attention to the height clearance signs, and not being able to park in low celing garages is a small sacrifice for expanding your cargo capacity and adding something different to your X. smile

#67314 - 06/04/02 08:35 AM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior Question..
BoarderPhreak Offline

Loc: Huntington, NY
Here's my set up from the top, in one of its configurations... LoadWarrior, w/extension and light bar brackets, etc.

I fixed the link, so the image *should* show up correctly now?

#67315 - 06/04/02 08:46 AM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior Question..
Ruttiger Offline

Loc: NJ
Hey BP - I can't see your pics - don't know if it's just me, but cut and paste works just fine. I noticed this on a previous post you made a while back.

Anyway - where did you get the stubby CB antenna? Seems like a good alternative when I dont want to keep my 3' on all the time

#67316 - 06/04/02 08:53 AM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior Question..
mineralblue Offline

I have the same problem as well... seems as if xterrafirma doesnt allow outside linking.

For those of you who are cut and paste impaired, here's the photo hosted on MSN. Hope ya don't mind BoarderPhreak! Keep in mind that this is WITH the extension, so it will impede your gear basket if you use one, unless you mount it so that the warrior is hanging off your X's rear end (not recommended)...without the extension it should fit just fine.

#67317 - 06/04/02 01:56 PM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior Question..
BoarderPhreak Offline

Awww, sh*t - I know what the problem is. Argh. The domain is MINE, so I know hosting pix is okay... wink The reason it didn't show up is because of this stupid frame-forwarding I'm using with my registrar to get around the "port 80 blocking" that my ISP instituted "for my protection."

I'll edit the above post with a more direct URL, and it should show up okay... We'll see shortly!

So, back to the rack - yes, this has the 18" extension! I never use my gear basket, and in fact - took it off at the dealer and it never went back on. I got the extension to place the lights more forward on the roof, allow for the full length of the bike and snowboard racks and generally, just give me more room.

The rack is beautiful without the extension as well, and really, really goes nicely with the X.

Just a shame those Yakima bastards have to glue their stinkin' logo on EVERYTHING these days, even down BOTH sides of the Wheel Forks. Nothing a little fingernail action and some lighter fluid won't fix though...

That reminds me. I have to send a picture of all this crap to Yakima - SANS LOGOS - and thank them for an otherwise nice product... [Finger]

#67318 - 06/04/02 01:58 PM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior Question..
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BoarderPhreak:
That reminds me. I have to send a picture of all this crap to Yakima - SANS LOGOS - and thank them for an otherwise nice product... [Finger]
If you send them a letter of thanks, they'll probably just send you a bunch of stickers... [LOL]

#67319 - 06/04/02 02:02 PM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior Question..
BoarderPhreak Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
If you send them a letter of thanks, they'll probably just send you a bunch of stickers... [LOL]
ROFL!!! You know, you are SO right. :rolleyes:

#67320 - 06/04/02 02:06 PM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior Question..
BoarderPhreak Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruttiger:
Hey BP - I can't see your pics - don't know if it's just me, but cut and paste works just fine. I noticed this on a previous post you made a while back.

Anyway - where did you get the stubby CB antenna? Seems like a good alternative when I dont want to keep my 3' on all the time
Re:pix, check it now (I can't test this method personally) but the image(s) should show up okay now, hopefully? As for hosting the image, thanks MB - and no problem.

So, as for the "stubby" - I got that locally from a friend's dad. He's got a communications shop and carries a bunch of antennae and such. I keep the stubby on around town so I can clear most garages, drive-thrus, etc. but when off-road or on road trips, I pop on the 3' Fire Stik (which is yellow, and sadly, the wrong shade).

The sad part is, on a recent trip into NYC... I found that I simply cannot fit into many parking garages! Not because of the CB antenna, but because of the lights for the most part, followed by the rack-stuff. D'ohhh! That's alright though - there are plenty around that do have the clearance, and driving into the city is something I avoid like the plague anyway. laugh

#67321 - 10/04/02 08:15 AM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior Question..
Close1 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
What's the deal with the front wind deflector?? Does that come with the load warrior or is it custom??

#67322 - 10/04/02 08:20 AM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior Question..
mineralblue Offline

It comes with the Loadwarrior, but not everyone uses theirs depending upon personal taste.

#67323 - 10/04/02 10:16 AM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior Question..
BoarderPhreak Offline

Right - the wind deflector comes with the LoadWarrior. It's entirely too flimsy and can rattle in the wind. One side features an all-too-large YAKIMA logo, the other side is plain.

I installed the thing with the logo backwards, but made the mistake of off-roading with it that way, so it got a bit scratched up and looks gnarly in the sun, so I switched it back.

I'm gonna rip that POS off and build a new one out of thicker Plexiglass or Lexan, personally.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal