2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#309975 - 20/09/05 10:10 AM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks 01SalsaXterra. Have you installed the AUX-NISS? If so, and you have the time, could you walk me through it. I'm pretty good at this stuff normally, but since I've only had my Xterra for two weeks, I'm still pretty anal about it. The other thing is that I already bought the PAC unit and it didn't work for my stereo. I'm hoping to get some feed back on this install before I open the dash up again. Cuz that was so much fun.

On a side note, has anyone tried to hard wire a cell phone into their xterra? Or is that a ridiculous question that would get me beat up by the bike racks after school.

#309976 - 20/09/05 10:25 AM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
01SalsaXterra Offline

Loc: Suffolk County,NY,USA
I havent purchased the Aux-Niss unit yet. I am still looking for alternatives to the $99 price tag just for a black box with soldered connections. If you goto
informative Thread regarding hacking the Aux-input
I have been documenting the progress and frustrations..
I just read on the Maxima board that I posted above that people were getting noise with the Aux-Niss box that was due to poor grounding.. So its more reason for me to look for an alternative.
Good luck if you buy it... The instructions should be straight forward. Just plug it into the CD changer port on the back of ther radio, and use the splice connectors provided to tap into a 12 volt positive and a switched 12 volt positive.

I got "IT" from ebay.
Now it burns when I pee..

#309977 - 20/09/05 10:31 AM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think we might have a bit of miscommunication. The Rockford Fosgate Heady Unit that I have has a built in 6 disc changer. There is no plug in on the back of it for any external plugs. I remember this because the Alpine I had in my old Pathfinder did have the round plug in. I'm starting to think this isn't going to work. Ironic how burning music on CD's is now considered old school. Thanks for the help though. This site is pretty great.

#309978 - 20/09/05 10:41 AM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
01SalsaXterra Offline

Loc: Suffolk County,NY,USA
The thread starts out with the 8 Pin DIN connection, then by page 2 or so moves onto the 14 Pin rectangle connection.
If you dont have an external CD changer or SAT input you are unfortunately out of luck..
You could always get a FM direct line in that you plug into your radio antenna port, and it provides a direct connection to your FM on a certain station.. or an FM modulator..
Aside from that you're out of luck..
Sorry

I got "IT" from ebay.
Now it burns when I pee..

#309979 - 20/09/05 01:44 PM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone know if the PAC aux input will work with the 05 SE that has the satellite radio already installed? I installed the Sirius tuner and antenna kits, but still want to use an aux in for my iPod.

Thanks for any help.

#309980 - 22/09/05 11:19 AM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

I finally installed my PAC unit---works great! I tested with my mp3 player (I have the Creative Zen unit), and I got very clean sound...very pleased.

However, I did have to unplug (and leave unplugged) a wire assembly that was already plugged in to the head unit in order to plug in the PAC unit. Does anyone know what that was, or where those wires go???

#309981 - 22/09/05 11:23 AM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by VaTech03:

However, I did have to unplug (and leave unplugged) a wire assembly that was already plugged in to the head unit in order to plug in the PAC unit. Does anyone know what that was, or where those wires go???
That's probably part of the satellite pre-wiring that comes from the factory. The other end of that wire assembly, by the drivers kick panel, must be what goes into the back of the Sirius tuner. This also means that I can't install the PAC into my truck and keep the factory sat. radio.

#309982 - 22/09/05 01:18 PM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by LI Xterra:
Does anyone know if the PAC aux input will work with the 05 SE that has the satellite radio already installed? I installed the Sirius tuner and antenna kits, but still want to use an aux in for my iPod.

Thanks for any help.
no. there is no through-put. it's either/or.

#309983 - 23/09/05 12:37 PM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is it possible to replace the 2003 Rockford Fosgate I have with a 2005, that's compatible with an ipod?

#309984 - 21/11/05 10:05 AM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

Kappster,

I am interested in buying and installing a PAC AAI-NIS also, and looked on the Beachaudio website to get the dashboard disassembly instructions that you mentioned. I could not find them. Could you point me in the right direction? I want to see what taking the dash apart involves before I get into it.

Thanks.

#309985 - 21/11/05 10:28 AM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Barrister:
Kappster,

I am interested in buying and installing a PAC AAI-NIS also, and looked on the Beachaudio website to get the dashboard disassembly instructions that you mentioned. I could not find them. Could you point me in the right direction? I want to see what taking the dash apart involves before I get into it.

Thanks.
Try this

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=38;t=002411#000000

#309986 - 21/11/05 09:52 PM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks! After seeing the pics, I am ready to do it.

#309987 - 22/11/05 03:09 PM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

i've already ordered this unit for my Xterra, but I haven't gotten it yet. There seems to be some confusion. Here's what sjgreatdeals.com says about the unit:

-Comes with a 3-position switch between 2 auxiliary inputs & the factory slave unit
-In order to work, slave unit must continuously be playing or XM Satellite Radio® or DVD, must be on

So is their website wrong, or what? Just curious.

#309988 - 05/02/06 03:39 PM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate
Anonymous
Unregistered

So after doing a bunch of research (off and on), depending on my level of procrastination of other things, I found a discussion saying that Nissan is now offering an Ipod hook up for the Xterra 05-06 models. I'm not sure whether it'll work for previous models (like my 03), but I'm definately going to call tomorrow to find out. Apparently you'll be able to use steering wheel controls to change songs and playlists. Hopefully this isn't a really big conspiracy to mess with my mind.

#675598 - 14/05/11 12:51 PM Re: adding aux input to 05 SE w/ Rockford Fosgate [Re: Anonymous]
686cody686 Offline

not sure if this will help your X but you could always try worked on my 03 sexterra

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=675594#Post675594

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal