Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#67565 - 12/07/01 09:14 PM a few questions about roof lighting
BlueRebel Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA
i know there have been TONS of threads on lights etc etc but heres one more, sorry.i've seen all the how to's and stuff on light bars and what a lot of people have done but i have a few questions. i'm looking at putting two 100 watt KC daylighters on the roof rack and in order to cut down on cost for the moment would it be possible to install them on the basket? i'd like to make them removeable if possible. and would installing them void the warrantee on my X? i was thinking wire them through the fuse box and avoid going through the fire wall, could that be done safely and/or effectively. thanks for any info you can provide, electrical etc is definitly not my cup of tea, atleast havent messed with it much yet so again thanks for any info and sorry for any repetiveness.

------------------
'01 Just Blue 4x4 XE-V6 w/ 3pack

#67566 - 12/07/01 10:29 PM Re: a few questions about roof lighting
gothamist Offline

Loc: Virginia
Installing roof lights shouldn't give you any warranty headaches as long as you do the work reasonably cleanly...same as (most) any other minor mod. Noting you're in Richmond, if you want help installing them sometime let me know.

Also if you end up looking for trails in the Virginia region shoot me an e-mail.

p.s. Check out joining MAXC.
p.p.s. If your dealer ever does give you warranty headaches, check out Colonial Nissan in Charlottesville--they've worked on my truck quite a bit (they also have replaced Philosopher's clutch)...I don't think modified Xterras phase them anymore.

------------------
Vikram/gothamist -- MAXC member
http://www.4x4LO.com

#67567 - 13/07/01 04:06 PM Re: a few questions about roof lighting
BlueRebel Offline

hey, thanks for the offer, i just might take you up on that offer as soon as i get paid again. i assume you live somewhere near charlottesville, but some of my friends say they've seen a "jacked up red xterra that looks incredible" around richmond. and one more quick question, i found a 3 piece black waag brushguard on www.suvbrushguards.com for $389, to good to be true? and yea altho i have a completely stock X except for a few after market add ons and very little experience on trails somewhere down the road i do plan on getting the X dirty. anyway i'll drop you an email or something when i get the lights, thanks again and have a good weekend.

------------------

#67568 - 13/07/01 08:04 PM Re: a few questions about roof lighting
MeWantSnow! Offline

Loc: Sparta, NJ
i made a removable light bar for the top of my X using Angle iron. It was simple to do. I'm having a little problem with my web site right now, but as soon as I get it running, I'll give you a link. I have pictures of every step I took.

Rich

------------------
Member MAXC, NEXTerra
http://www.xtremexterra.com

#67569 - 16/07/01 08:52 PM Re: a few questions about roof lighting
BlueRebel Offline

just ordered two, for now, 100 watt black daylighters. lookin for ways to mount them now, plenty of info out there, thanks for the help guys. i cant wait to see them on my X! take it easy guys.

------------------

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal