shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#675007 - 02/03/11 08:51 PM XOC loses one of it's own - Man ID'd In Dragging Death In Colo. Springs Allen Rose Was Co-Owner Of Towing Co.
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Sad news about an Xterra owner that I have wheeled with.

News Article

#675013 - 03/03/11 12:33 AM XOC loses one of it's own - Man ID'd In Dragging Death In Colo. Springs Allen Rose Was Co-Owner Of Towing Co. [Re: XOC]
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
What a terrible thing to happen.

This man died in a very horrific manner. All while doing his job.

My heart goes out to him and his family and friends.

#675015 - 03/03/11 07:24 AM Re: XOC loses one of it's own - Man ID'd In Dragging Death In Colo. Springs Allen Rose Was Co-Owner Of Towing Co. [Re: NY Madman]
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
His log in here was Axle

#675017 - 03/03/11 12:49 PM Re: XOC loses one of it's own - Man ID'd In Dragging Death In Colo. Springs Allen Rose Was Co-Owner Of Towing Co. [Re: XOC]
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
RIP

Axle and I had our differences...

Hell, let's be honest, we fought like dogs on here.

But he was a good guy who loved his family and friends deeply.

May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

#675023 - 03/03/11 08:17 PM Re: XOC loses one of it's own - Man ID'd In Dragging Death In Colo. Springs Allen Rose Was Co-Owner Of Towing Co. [Re: Todrick]
RNTKnives Offline
A

Loc: Prepping for the Zombie Apocol...
RIP Axle... Go stand high!

Jeff!

Original Registration, NOV '07
Pre-crash post count - 396

"...the Earth will continue turnning, even when justice dies." (Revy Two Hand, Black Lagoon)

#675025 - 03/03/11 09:11 PM Re: XOC loses one of it's own - Man ID'd In Dragging Death In Colo. Springs Allen Rose Was Co-Owner Of Towing Co. [Re: RNTKnives]
Bolt Speedman Offline

Loc: Jackson, Wisconsin
I didn't know him personally, but damn, my prayers go out to his family and friends. Maybe I get a chance to wheel with him in the afterlife!!!

#675028 - 04/03/11 12:53 AM XOC loses one of it's own - Man ID'd In Dragging Death In Colo. Springs Allen Rose Was Co-Owner Of Towing Co. [Re: Todrick]
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: Todrick
Hell, let's be honest, we fought like dogs on here.

I think we fought like dogs on here too a few times. smile

How have you been Todrick? I hope all is well with you and yours.

What happened to Axle was extremely horrible and I can't imagine the agony he endured in his final minutes.

#675035 - 04/03/11 11:09 AM Re: XOC loses one of it's own - Man ID'd In Dragging Death In Colo. Springs Allen Rose Was Co-Owner Of Towing Co. [Re: NY Madman]
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
Wow, I was very sad finding out about this via facebook frown

RIP Allen my friend, my condolences go out to his family.

He was one of the nicest, most helpful persons around. He was always going out of his way to help others. Putting others first, making sure his family was taken care of, serving our country so proudly without hesitation. This is not fair!

Memorial fund:
The owners of the towing company have organized a fund for his family at the Key Bank at 3085 S. Academy. The number to reach the bank is 391-5700. Donations can be taken to any Key Bank location. Checks can be made out to the Allen Rose Memorial Fund.

My Fav Photo of Axle (Allen) at the calico dry/mud lake taken by the late great CCX (Chris). He loved playing in the mud

BTW been a long time since I checked this site but had to after I heard the news.

#675698 - 29/05/11 07:53 PM Re: XOC loses one of it's own - Man ID'd In Dragging Death In Colo. Springs Allen Rose Was Co-Owner Of Towing Co. [Re: Xtoolbox]
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Saddened me, a lot, to learn of this.

My thoughts to his family. frown

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#676047 - 15/07/11 08:58 PM Re: XOC loses one of it's own - Man ID'd In Dragging Death In Colo. Springs Allen Rose Was Co-Owner Of Towing Co. [Re: XOC]
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
That really sucks frown My condolences to his family. Ironically apparently today she plead not guilty:

http://www.krdo.com/news/28556782/detail.html

They also had a video with some "social justice" group claiming she was being treated unfairly because she was poor - I'd like to drag his ass down the road and see how he likes it mad

#679762 - 15/02/13 05:38 PM Re: XOC loses one of it's own - Man ID'd In Dragging Death In Colo. Springs Allen Rose Was Co-Owner Of Towing Co. [Re: DocNo]
DocNo Offline

Came across this searching for something else - I forgot about it frown

Turns out they convicted her:

http://www.krdo.com/news/Jury-Farries-Guilty-On-All-Counts/-/417220/14814976/-/153qjedz/-/index.html

Sounds like she was a real winner and had tangled with other tow truck drivers in the past:

http://www.krdo.com/news/Tow-Truck-Drive...gz/-/index.html

More:
http://www.krdo.com/news/Detra-Farries-S...yi/-/index.html

http://www.krdo.com/news/Both-Sides-Of-D...n6/-/index.html

#679930 - 22/03/13 05:03 PM Re: XOC loses one of it's own - Man ID'd In Dragging Death In Colo. Springs Allen Rose Was Co-Owner Of Towing Co. [Re: ]
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
damn :-(

#682972 - 31/03/16 08:04 PM Re: XOC loses one of it's own - Man ID'd In Dragging Death In Colo. Springs Allen Rose Was Co-Owner Of Towing Co. [Re: Kaiser]
DocNo Offline

Wow - it's been five years - there was an update on the local news:

http://www.krdo.com/news/local-tow-truck-industry-reflects-on-sad-fifth-anniversary/38475322

And the killer got 20 years and thankfully lost her appeal. Still no relief to a family that lost their dad frown

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal