2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#630084 - 12/07/07 07:10 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by cruzinfrontier:
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
[b]As soon as somebody makes a game for the PS3 that takes advantage of its motion controllers (other than in a gimmicky fashion), you can forget about the Wii... I honestly don't know why no company has put out some crappy bowling or tennis game for the PS3, considering how well they seem to be doing on the Wii.

Heck, most people don't even know the PS3 controllers are motion sensitive...
check the playstation store. They have a video of a bowling game that is going to come out. They announced it at E3.[/b]
Nice - $70 for a bowling game that they give away with the Wii! smile

#630085 - 12/07/07 07:20 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]As soon as somebody makes a game for the PS3 that takes advantage of its motion controllers (other than in a gimmicky fashion), you can forget about the Wii... I honestly don't know why no company has put out some crappy bowling or tennis game for the PS3, considering how well they seem to be doing on the Wii.

check the playstation store. They have a video of a bowling game that is going to come out. They announced it at E3.[/b]
Nice - $70 for a bowling game that they give away with the Wii! smile [/b]
Wow. Used to be the rave over Pacman, then Ms. Pacman, then fastforward to Doom, then to WoW & others... And now it's freaking Bowling.

Welcome to the 1970s... Woohoo!

Who would have thought the "Next Generation" of gaming consoles in 2007 would actually be debated on their merits of a f*ing bowling game... Tell that to the Big 3 console makers in the late 90s, and they'd laugh their collective asses off.

Hey, do you get your own "Rubber Man" fake hand to bowl with? Maybe a clear bowling ball with a rose in the middle, too??

#630086 - 12/07/07 08:38 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:

Nice - $70 for a bowling game that they give away with the Wii! smile [/b]
it is probably going to be $8 tops smart ass. [Finger]

From what I have seen, games that sell for $50 on the Wii (i.e. Wario) sell for 8 on the PS3. (i.e. Calling All Cars or Super Stardust HD.)

#630087 - 12/07/07 08:42 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can't wait for this game to come out. The black Audi looks fucking incredible in this video. (warning: large video 41MB+)

#630088 - 13/07/07 06:58 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not trying to steal your thunder because Gran Turismo is a very solid franchise, but I read yesterday that a new Mario Kart for Wii is going to be released with a steering wheel. laugh

#630089 - 13/07/07 07:39 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BluMerle:
Not trying to steal your thunder because Gran Turismo is a very solid franchise, but I read yesterday that a new Mario Kart for Wii is going to be released with a steering wheel. laugh
Will you have to sit with your knees in your chest like they do in the game in order to use the steering wheel properly?

#630090 - 13/07/07 07:48 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

I spend my whole day driving around in a realistic looking / handling car, why would I want to come home and play a video game which just simulates the same thing! smile

The only thing that Forza 2 & Grand Tourismo have going for them is the realism. I got bored of Forza 2 on the 360 after about an hour of game play. My favorite racing game involves more driving skill - Collin McRea WRX. Any idiot can drive a street car - Rallying is where it takes some skill to get around the course.

#630091 - 13/07/07 09:44 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

I see where you're coming from Rinky.

The reason I like Mario Kart so much is for the battle modes. [ThumbsUp]

#630092 - 13/07/07 04:11 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Is it the same little wheel that they sell on the shelves? if so: Yay! a 4 dollar piece of plastic! what a steal!

In other news: I'm going to be in your home town this weekend and half of next week, Blu.

#630093 - 13/07/07 07:34 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
The only thing that Forza 2 & Grand Tourismo have going for them is the realism. I got bored of Forza 2 on the 360 after about an hour of game play. My favorite racing game involves more driving skill - Collin McRea WRX. Any idiot can drive a street car - Rallying is where it takes some skill to get around the course.
Umm... Guess it's been a long time since you've not had Xbox shoved up your ass... Grand Turismo has had rally car racing as a part of it for the last 2 versions... Oops...

#630094 - 13/07/07 07:38 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

U call GT2,3,and 4 "Rally" sections GOOD???? Ohcomon! Dude, I am THE GT fan.... custom built my own hybrids and everything! Hell, we had parties JUST for GT, 6 ft subs, beer u name it, but NONE of us even GLANCED at the RALLY section... the cars? Yes! The tracks? Sad! Took no skill, wasnt even REMOTELY realistic....

MGJ

#630095 - 14/07/07 08:55 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Cruzinfrontier, what brings you to the Lowcountry? Are you going there for vacation? smile

My X stands out because I have a "Got Aussies?" silhouette sticker on my back window. Be sure to honk if ya see me.

#630096 - 14/07/07 11:32 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Never paid attention to the fact you live in Bluffton there, Blu.. Right down the road in Mount P. here..

#630097 - 15/07/07 12:48 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Hey Cruzinfrontier, what brings you to the Lowcountry? Are you going there for vacation? smile

My X stands out because I have a "Got Aussies?" silhouette sticker on my back window. Be sure to honk if ya see me.
yup, a vacation. playing golf and hanging at the beach. why must I go to places that are humid? [Freak]

#630098 - 18/07/07 09:57 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
OrganDonor Offline

Loc: Round Rock, TX
I just bought a Wii for our house. We have a 6 and 4 year old, and I had an original X Box that this replaced. My son has had a gamecube for over a year, and is already playing me well in baseball and other games. Next year I bet he is torching me.

So far this Will has been a lot of fun. Its really fun using the controllers like you have to for some of the games. Wii Sports - my kids (and the parents) love this game. The baseball - my 6 year old just finishing his second year of T ball, standing there holding the wiimote like a bat, and swinging like he would in tball.

No shooting games or anything like that, just the mario type stuff and SSX snowboarding, and Brain quest or whatever its called.

I read through this and lots of other stuff, and think we made the best choice for this house.

-Donor

#630099 - 22/07/07 08:45 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
great article with a good perspective on the Wii

It also helps explain why it's so successful, and why "real" gamers have such a hard time dealing with/understanding it's success.

#630100 - 25/07/07 08:09 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
Oh - I get why it's a success. It's cheaper than a couple nights out on the town, it works well on a group level and it's Nintendo - so kids will eat it up.

I get it.....I'm just not going to get it. I don't even think it should be compared to Xbox360 and PS3 because it's not next-gen. You can't keep go a step backwards in the graphics department and call it an advancement in gaming.

Right about the time people will have flailed their arms about playing every limited kind of game you can play by flailing your arms all over the place - the real next gen systems will be hitting their stride. Basically, Wii = the next Gamecube. But I don't say that as a knock. It will always have a niche market all to itself.

#630101 - 25/07/07 04:56 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by Auditor_Kevin:
It will always have a niche market all to itself.
Yup, some niche - they are selling every single one they can make 7 months after Christmas.

I'll bet Sony would love to be in that niche....

#630102 - 26/07/07 08:37 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

+1 for Sony this month.

That doesn't mean I've abandoned my wii by any means... damn that doesn't sound right. [LOL]

I just don't forsee many good games ahead for Nintendo, and Sony has a few coming up that I really want like GTA4 and Metal Gear Solid 4. It also helped that they brought it temporarily down by $100 and I had Best Buy rewards coupons that I had to redeem asap. They helped majorly! laugh

#630103 - 26/07/07 09:24 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by DocNo:
Quote:
Originally posted by Auditor_Kevin:
[b]It will always have a niche market all to itself.
Yup, some niche - they are selling every single one they can make 7 months after Christmas.

I'll bet Sony would love to be in that niche....[/b]
Both consoles will do just fine.

#630104 - 26/07/07 05:35 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Its kind of sad that the PS3 is matching the Xbox and it doesn't have any really good games out yet. XBox's 33% failure rate can't be a good thing but I'm sure they'll let the public keep beta testing it for them and work it out eventually.

Hopefully they'll stick around and be a viable option to keep Sony honest.

I'm using my ps3 as a media center. I uploaded all my MP3s on my iPod up to it and now I just play music straight from my ps3 instead of hooking up my iPod. The sound quality is solid probably because of the fiber hook up coming from my ps3. I'm also using it as a DVD and BR player. BR kicks ass and now that the local blockbuster is carrying BR movies I look there prior to the normal dvds when renting movies. (can't wait to see 300 on BR)

The last thing I use it for is playing games but it does that well enough. I'm enjoying Motorstorm so far. I'm looking forward to Warkhawk due out soon as well as some of the other big titles coming out soon. There is a new controller coming out so that you can play games like Time Crisis and House of the Dead with a "gun". No word on if it is going to be cordless or not but that is the assumption. It is supposed to work similarly to the wiimote. I imagine if they can adapt that control style then the wii would have nothing left to offer.

#630105 - 27/07/07 05:58 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Timmah:
I'm using my ps3 as a media center. I uploaded all my MP3s on my iPod up to it and now I just play music straight from my ps3 instead of hooking up my iPod. The sound quality is solid probably because of the fiber hook up coming from my ps3.
Wow, that's a lot of effort!! I was planning on doing that, then when the 1.8 upgrade came out, I didn't have to, now that it streams MP3's directly from the home network. Figure there's no reason for me to store my music on the home computer AND the PS3, so that frees the PS3 up for whatever downloading needs arise in the future.

I'm like you, though. Gaming is probably the least of what I use my PS3 for. Don't get me wrong, I play video games on it, but until more great titles come out, that's not its biggest draw for me. I got NCAA Football, now, though, so that'll start sucking the life out of me once I get some hours reduced at work!! Motostorm is a freaking awesome game, though. Dolby Digital surround sound for video games ought to be mandatory!!

#630106 - 27/07/07 09:10 PM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

It wasn't that bad, just copied the folders the mp3s were in straight from my ipod. Didn't take long at all to copy them. If I decide I need the room I can always delete them.

#630107 - 28/07/07 09:09 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Timmah:
Its kind of sad that the PS3 is matching the Xbox and it doesn't have any really good games out yet. XBox's 33% failure rate can't be a good thing but I'm sure they'll let the public keep beta testing it for them and work it out eventually.
Um, the 360 was released a year earlier. Most of the buyers already got it within that period. [Freak] Comparing the current rate is completely missing the big picture. I guess what ever makes you feel better about your own failing system. It is kind of sad that the PS3, who used to dominate (that might be a small word) the market, can't pass the other two. You 5 XOC members go have fun now. [LOL]

#630108 - 29/07/07 01:04 AM Re: Xbox360 vs Wii vs PS3
Anonymous
Unregistered

A year head start is the only thing keeping M$ in the game.

M$ rushed to get the system out and their poor design is the result. Games can make the system but you can't play if the system is broken. Xbox has some good titles and that will help keep the playing field even which I'm all for. Like I said the better M$ is the better Sony will have to be to stay ahead.

Enjoy the red ring when it comes.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal