Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#67884 - 16/08/06 07:12 PM dented my 05 already...where do I get replacement gate?
Anonymous
Unregistered

is there an OEM aftermarket making OEM body parts yet? I'm thinking worse case scenario from the dealer. Basically uhaul didn't hook up the tow dolly correctly and when I unloaded the car the dolly hoisted OFF the hitch and slammed down on the gate. BIG dent and gouge where the first aid buldge is. I'm talking with their insurance later this week but I doubt they'll pay and I don't want to wait. Estimate was 1200 to fix and they're replacing the gate.

#67885 - 17/08/06 06:27 AM Re: dented my 05 already...where do I get replacement gate?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why do you think your insurance won't pay? If they don't, U-Haul sure as hell should.

I rented a U-Haul car trailer once. I pulled it empty to pick up the car. Pulled the car on and it came off the ball like you describe. No damage, but I was kind of pissed that I had driven it so far not hooked up right.

#67886 - 17/08/06 07:35 PM Re: dented my 05 already...where do I get replacement gate?
Anonymous
Unregistered

my deductable is 1000 and the estimate w/ new gate is 1200. No sense in raising my rates for 200 savings. And I don't know if uhaul will pay. Store manager already argued with me. He said I "signed off" that the trailer was on when I left. All I "signed off" on was that I got it and he told me to turn the coupler knob to see if it was tight. I said it doesn't mean it was seated 100%. His reply was, "well I've never heard of this happening before". Yea right. F'n bastards.

#67887 - 17/08/06 09:28 PM Re: dented my 05 already...where do I get replacement gate?
Anonymous
Unregistered

"is there an OEM aftermarket making OEM body parts yet?"

confused

#67888 - 18/08/06 06:41 PM Re: dented my 05 already...where do I get replacement gate?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by wontonies:
"is there an OEM aftermarket making OEM body parts yet?"

confused
meaning OEM replacement parts. Or OEM selling direct w/ out that marked up repackaged "Nissan" bs.

#67889 - 18/08/06 07:44 PM Re: dented my 05 already...where do I get replacement gate?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is that like asking if Nissan is making Nissan parts yet? (Nissan=OEM)

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal