2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#6819 - 14/02/05 01:02 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Jrbbikerx:
The new X is a huge improvement (ie american rear meaning prob so many upgrades that will fit, and FINALLY no more torsion bars).
I'm sure you're aware of this but the H2 and H3 both have torsion sprung front suspensions.

#6820 - 14/02/05 01:03 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Jrbbikerx:
yea as an H2 owner and previous X owner, the H2 will outwheel an X. Sorry, its just the truth of the matter. And look at the aftermarket response for the H2. Within months (not even) of the intro of the H2, places like SMA and Rancho and Trailmaster etc have tons of upgrades. Not to mention that the H3 will have the same aftermarket following no doubt. The X is a great truck, but it just takes so many add-ons to make it a truly trail worth rig, and lone behold it will still get horrible gas mileage (up till 04 year). The new X is a huge improvement (ie american rear meaning prob so many upgrades that will fit, and FINALLY no more torsion bars). we'll just have to see.
Yeah, but how many heavily modified Xterras do you see on the road? Few to none.. in fact I have NEVER seen one in my area. Personally, I like having somthing that very few others do. I take pride in the fact that I don't drive "Modified Hummer #123198219212" or a "want to make me puke Modified F-X50 #2794063792789346891648962894".

But hey, thats just me.

#6821 - 14/02/05 01:22 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've never seen a modded H2 or Xterra on the road around me.

Anyhoo, I'll take a hummer in the front seat, and my X on the trial.

Thank you.

#6822 - 14/02/05 01:49 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

yes i know they are torsion bars, but im saying thats where in my opinion the X has an advantage. So much easier to lift, much cleaner belly etc.

#6823 - 14/02/05 02:54 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Claus Christensen:

I vote this thread for stupidest question of the month.
For once, I agree with Claus.

#6824 - 14/02/05 03:06 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, what's the difference between a porcupine and a Hummer H2 (or H3)????

A porcupine has pricks on the outside!! [LOL]

#6825 - 14/02/05 04:30 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
altima Offline

Loc: Michigan
Xterra all the way. GM==crap

#6826 - 14/02/05 04:55 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by teflon_jones:
And I still don't understand how people that claim to be off-roaders can knock the off-road ability of a Hummer, even if it's an H2 (or now the H3, which I'm sure will be great off-road). The stock H2 will eat an X (even modded) for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on pretty much any trail you throw at it. If you don't think so, you don't know crap about the design of the car. Regardless of whether "posers" drive most of them, they're still serious trucks.
I don't agree with you at all...I am not heavly MODDED but I have wheeled with H2's before.... (drivers can make a differnce, but...)I once wheeled with a group and the H-2's had several problems, a few didn't leave the trail under their own power....I was strapped a few times, but I've never had a failure to the point I couldn't make it home....(knocking on wood)and they had two in the same day....(WTF???)I'm not saying that the X is elite or that the H2 is not capible, but I am saying that they didn't eat me for "lunch or dinner".

IF they eat us for Dinner, I hope they puke [Finger]

#6827 - 14/02/05 04:59 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

what I find amazing is that, to the bulk of people on this board, a rutted out dirt road is considered offroading. In this situation only, an Xterra and a Hummer (H1, H2, or future H3) are still comperable.

But once you hit the real, true offroading, with ROCKS, MUD, HOLES, etc., unfortunately, the Xterra is NOT going to be able to keep up, in stock form.

There is no chance in hell, I don't care who's driving it, that a rig w/ 30" STREET tires from the factory, open diffs (front and rear), extremely poor gearing (2.02 t-case, abysmal tranny) is going to keep up with a vehicle that comes w/ 33" BFG A/T's, front and rear lockers, 4.x:1 t-case, and extremely high approach and departure angles. I don't care how long your schlong is, once you get on trail, penis size ain't gonna matter. The REAL equipment matters. And no, a stock Xterra can not keep up.

But is that a problem? No. Because you're comparing two vehicles that are in two different classes/leagues. That's like saying a porsche is faster than a camry. Well no shit.

Why would anybody compare two vehicles that are in different price ranges, different weight ranges, different target markets, different engine classes, different vehicle class, and yes, different suspension & offroad performance classes.

I personally think the H2 was a big pile of crap, compared to the H1. it's a big, bloated, nasty chevy taho, with different body panels. But the H3 is not out yet. But, one thing that you can bet your ass on: It will be more capable right off the lot, than an Xterra. But somebody, please explain it to me why THAT is anything worth talking about?

#6828 - 14/02/05 05:05 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

if not for any other reason, the H3 is ugly as hell. [ThumbsDown] I can easily see it as a mall crawler for the upper middle class.

The 2005 xterra is cheaper, looks a hell of a lot better, and has more power, and im sure will be more reliable.

#6829 - 14/02/05 05:15 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
I personally think the H2 was a big pile of crap...it's a big, bloated, nasty chevy tahoe, with different body panels.
Nope.

From Four Wheeler:

Quote:
Basically the H2 consists of the front frame section and independent front suspension off of the 2500-series truck and the rear frame section and five-link coil suspension from the 1500-series Suburban/Tahoe (w/ unique axle housing). Powering the H2 is the familiar 6.0L V-8 (not available on the Tahoe), which is backed up by another familiar piece, the 4L65-E four-speed automatic transmission.
Basically, it's not a Tahoe with a different body (though it does have a lot of standard GM components).

Your underlying point is accurate, however - and I do think the H3 versus '05 Xterra has more merit than a comparison between the Xterra and H2, as they will probably be cross-shopped at least some.

#6830 - 14/02/05 06:37 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by tahoe_x:
I can easily see it as a mall crawler for the upper middle class.
As oppose to the Xterra which is a mall crawler for the middle class?

#6831 - 15/02/05 05:34 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

It is true. This is like comparing apples and oranges. Were trying to compare a GM piece of crap that breaks down all the time, to a more reliable xterra. Plus, nobody buys the H2 to go off roading.. If you want to do that, you buy the one and only orginial Hummer, but they all break down and are always so unreliable.

#6832 - 15/02/05 11:56 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Too funny. Xterra owners have to wake up. Compare your Xterras to Hyundai's or Kia's or mabye Yugos.

Step away from the crack pipe.

Every year we invite stock vehicles to wheel with us at Moab. Only the Rubicons and a few modded jeeps had the balls.

We've seen your Jamborees. Too funny. 4" ledges and you guys are bustin out the champagne and high fives.

STEP AWAY FROM THE CRACK PIPE.

Don't even try to compare with the H3. You're not even close.

RELIABILITY???? I've surfed your forum for months now. "Problems and Annoyances" thread? Pretty embarrasing stuff.

Back to reality: Nissan Xterra vs. Kia Sorento.....Close call. [LOL]

#6833 - 16/02/05 01:03 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you guys have any members in Vancouver, Canada, e-mail me at hummerdennis@gmail.com

ANYTIME please feel free to school us if you have the balls.

We can even document with pics.

Mabye Jeeps or Toyotas we'd take seriously. But Nissans/Datsuns just for pure amusement. [LOL] [Finger] [LOL]

And since I'm pretty sure none will step up to the plate, I might as well say it now,"Ya, I thought so".

#6834 - 16/02/05 06:51 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Whats funny is you can buy two loaded X's with 100K b2b warrantys and still have $ left over to lift one 6 inches, put front and rear lockers, steel all round, 33's and more and spend less than yer H2.

And if you only bought one Xterra, I can't even come up with enough aftermarket equipment to make it cost close to what a Hummer does.

Which means we can pop Dom Perignon when we go over a 4" ledge because we don't have a $700 a month Hummer payment.

#6835 - 16/02/05 07:31 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Quote:
Originally posted by nikon:
X - only hummer worth while is the 1
I agree, the H2 and H3 are just two more shitboxes by GM.

#6836 - 16/02/05 07:56 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DennisAJC:
Too funny. Xterra owners have to wake up. Compare your Xterras to Hyundai's or Kia's or mabye Yugos.

Step away from the crack pipe.

Every year we invite stock vehicles to wheel with us at Moab. Only the Rubicons and a few modded jeeps had the balls.

We've seen your Jamborees. Too funny. [b]4" ledges and you guys are bustin out the champagne and high fives.

STEP AWAY FROM THE CRACK PIPE.

Don't even try to compare with the H3. You're not even close.

RELIABILITY???? I've surfed your forum for months now. "Problems and Annoyances" thread? Pretty embarrasing stuff.

Back to reality: Nissan Xterra vs. Kia Sorento.....Close call. [LOL] [/b]
Hey fuckface go take yout H2 and drive it over a 4" ledge and watch the fucking wheels snap off. Then shove it up your fucking ass. Your fucking oversized pig of a fucking station wagon that gets 10 fucking miles to the gallon is nothing but a piece of mother fucking monkey shit. Go rockcrawling somewhere, snap the fucking steering gear, and see if you can be rescued by a fucking tow truck. NO, bitch - you'll have to fucking abandon your fucking $50,000 piece of shit.

Our Xterras can do a fuckload of a lot more than you fucking piece of fucking shit H2 will ever be able to do. it's nothing but a fucking oversized pig of a fucking station wagon that gets 10 fucking miles to the fucking gallon.

Do us all a favor and FUCK OFF!

Have a nice fucking day.

EDIT: ps. Go get a real fucking hummer if you wan't to talk shit. That's an H1 to you, asshole.

#6837 - 16/02/05 08:01 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
NuDan Offline

Loc: Not Here
wow

#6838 - 16/02/05 08:08 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Mosi Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
I think that's 21 on the fuck meter... would that be FUCKJACK? laugh

#6839 - 16/02/05 08:13 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
BigE515 Offline

Damn Nexterra guys, who let nhXterraGuy85 off his leash?!? Down boy! Down! [LOL]

#6840 - 16/02/05 08:17 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
Damn Nexterra guys, who let nhXterraGuy85 off his leash?!? Down boy! Down! [LOL]
[LOL] laugh [Finger]

#6841 - 16/02/05 08:44 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Proves my point. ALL TALK, ITCHY VAGINAS. [LOL]

You guys know shit if all you can come up with is a broken tie-rod, which is common in all wheelin.

Now go!!! Go wheelin with your Elements and Sorentos.

Or go bake me some pie.Whore. [Finger]

#6842 - 16/02/05 08:45 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
BigE515 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DennisAJC:

Or go bake me some pie whore. [Finger]
[LOL]

#6843 - 16/02/05 08:51 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Mosi Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Dennis, can we see your Moab pics?

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal