2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#6794 - 14/02/05 07:51 AM Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you picking... which would you rather start from scratch with... H3 or new X?

I was at the Philly car show last week... The H3 may be a band wagon truck, with people buying for the name, but i'll admit it, it was bad ass.

#6795 - 14/02/05 08:04 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hardly a good comparison since H3's cost double what an Xterra does.

#6796 - 14/02/05 08:06 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not exactly true, but i ment if you weren't paying for it, or they had the same price.

the H3 is about 9-10k more then an SE.

#6797 - 14/02/05 08:07 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by XPatriot:
Hardly a good comparison since H3's cost double what an Xterra does.
Where did you get your pricing info?

#6798 - 14/02/05 09:16 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

X - only hummer worth while is the 1

#6799 - 14/02/05 09:28 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Quote:
[b]Hardly a good comparison since H3's cost double what an Xterra does.
Where did you get your pricing info?[/b]
An article I recall reading in Four Wheeler. A well equiped H3 was up around 40K. As we all know, X's are around 20K right now.

I could be wrong, but that's about double.

#6800 - 14/02/05 09:29 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Seany44:
Not exactly true, but i ment if you weren't paying for it, or they had the same price.
That is like saying "Would you rather start with a Ford Taurus or a Ford Mustang?"

#6801 - 14/02/05 09:38 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

h3 is just a crappy american car that will probably break down, just like the h2 does. It is the most unreliable truck around.

#6802 - 14/02/05 09:45 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Seany44:
I was at the Philly car show last week... The H3 may be a band wagon truck, with people buying for the name, but i'll admit it, it was bad ass.
"...buying for the name..." pretty much says it all, doesn't it? I think the majority of people who buy a Hummer buy it as a status symbol. I don't think that's true with the X.

#6803 - 14/02/05 09:48 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would get an X. Hummer is a status symbol and isn't really worth much off road (the H3). H1 was a bad ass truck, though.

#6804 - 14/02/05 10:02 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
An article I recall reading in Four Wheeler. A well equiped H3 was up around 40K. As we all know, X's are around 20K right now.

I could be wrong, but that's about double.
A "well equiped" Xterra (what a magazine would consider well equipped) will run you around $30k or a little more. So now we're only talking 10k...

Anyways, I'm waiting to see the H3 in action, before making any assumptions. It suxs that it's IFS, but that figures. Front and rear lockers, great approach & departure angles, and about the same break-over angle as the Xterra. As long as they don't break down much (which is yet to be seen; it is a chevy, afterall), on paper, it'll be much more capable than an X, which it ought to be if it costs more.

Seems to be way too much penis envy around here by a lot of Xterra owners... Let's not get too over-optimistic about the Xterra. It's damn reliable, but it's not an offroading goddess by any stretch. The '05s will be better, but we'll have to wait and see until it (and its competition) are out, to really be able to compare.

#6805 - 14/02/05 10:09 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Claus Offline

Handjob or Blow job....

I vote this thread for stupidest question of the month.

#6806 - 14/02/05 10:24 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

what if you like both? (HJ & BJ)? I can't have one w/o the other.

#6807 - 14/02/05 10:25 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

GM already put the H3 through its paces on the Rubicon Trail, Review Here
They said it did well.

#6808 - 14/02/05 10:28 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

not to mention an impressive 4.03:1 low range box. stock 32s (like X and room for 33s like X). $29,999 base price.

#6809 - 14/02/05 10:45 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Jrbbikerx:
They said it did well.
Funny how well cars and trucks do when the manufacturer themselves put them through their paces.

I wonder what scores I would have got in college if I had graded my own exams.....

#6810 - 14/02/05 10:49 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am going to stick my neck out and say that i think this new Hummer is actually smaller than the new X.
http://forums.autoweek.com/thread.jspa?forumID=31&threadID=10709&messageID=206342

Either way, a five cylinder motor???
225hp???

And then they want us to spend upwards of 35k to get a vehicle with a Hummer name on it??

Think I'd invest in the new X first.
You'd get reliability and what seems to be more truck for the money.

#6811 - 14/02/05 10:51 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
bonesnTX Offline

Loc: TEXAS
NO

#6812 - 14/02/05 11:33 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Claus Christensen:
[QB]Handjob or Blow job....

Yeah, the only place hummers have in my world, is in bed smile

#6813 - 14/02/05 12:00 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by WilsonFatShaft:
h3 is just a crappy american car that will probably break down
Last year the Armada was about the least reliable new SUV on the market, so don't generalize too much.

Anyway, I'd probably opt for an '05 X over the H3, but unlike most of the people here I do actually like the H3 quite a bit (and it will be a bit more capable off-road than the '05 X, and quite a bit more than the '00-04 X).

#6814 - 14/02/05 12:18 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd go for the X simply because of price. Gas mileage would be another reason. I'm sure the H3 at 4700 pds with an I5 engine is going to suck down gas.

And I still don't understand how people that claim to be off-roaders can knock the off-road ability of a Hummer, even if it's an H2 (or now the H3, which I'm sure will be great off-road). The stock H2 will eat an X (even modded) for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on pretty much any trail you throw at it. If you don't think so, you don't know crap about the design of the car. Regardless of whether "posers" drive most of them, they're still serious trucks.

#6815 - 14/02/05 12:28 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
NuDan Offline

Loc: Not Here
X any day of the week. I don't "do" rap videos.

#6816 - 14/02/05 12:36 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by teflon_jones:
The stock H2 will eat an X (even modded) for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on pretty much any trail you throw at it.
Depends on how modded it is - Desert_Rat's X would eat an H2 alive on any trail without breaking a sweat.

I agree with your basic premise, however. The only area I'd say the H2 would struggle (compared to an Xterra) is in tight areas - that damn thing is huge. The H3 eliminates that drawback, of course.

And I think a lot of people have a perception about the H2 based on most of its drivers, so they don't really look past that and see that it is a decent SUV (looks aside).

#6817 - 14/02/05 12:57 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

X all the way.

Hummers (2 & 3) are gay "around town" penis extensions.

#6818 - 14/02/05 12:59 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

yea as an H2 owner and previous X owner, the H2 will outwheel an X. Sorry, its just the truth of the matter. And look at the aftermarket response for the H2. Within months (not even) of the intro of the H2, places like SMA and Rancho and Trailmaster etc have tons of upgrades. Not to mention that the H3 will have the same aftermarket following no doubt. The X is a great truck, but it just takes so many add-ons to make it a truly trail worth rig, and lone behold it will still get horrible gas mileage (up till 04 year). The new X is a huge improvement (ie american rear meaning prob so many upgrades that will fit, and FINALLY no more torsion bars). we'll just have to see.

#6819 - 14/02/05 01:02 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
The new X is a huge improvement (ie american rear meaning prob so many upgrades that will fit, and FINALLY no more torsion bars).
I'm sure you're aware of this but the H2 and H3 both have torsion sprung front suspensions.

#6820 - 14/02/05 01:03 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
yea as an H2 owner and previous X owner, the H2 will outwheel an X. Sorry, its just the truth of the matter. And look at the aftermarket response for the H2. Within months (not even) of the intro of the H2, places like SMA and Rancho and Trailmaster etc have tons of upgrades. Not to mention that the H3 will have the same aftermarket following no doubt. The X is a great truck, but it just takes so many add-ons to make it a truly trail worth rig, and lone behold it will still get horrible gas mileage (up till 04 year). The new X is a huge improvement (ie american rear meaning prob so many upgrades that will fit, and FINALLY no more torsion bars). we'll just have to see.
Yeah, but how many heavily modified Xterras do you see on the road? Few to none.. in fact I have NEVER seen one in my area. Personally, I like having somthing that very few others do. I take pride in the fact that I don't drive "Modified Hummer #123198219212" or a "want to make me puke Modified F-X50 #2794063792789346891648962894".

But hey, thats just me.

#6821 - 14/02/05 01:22 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've never seen a modded H2 or Xterra on the road around me.

Anyhoo, I'll take a hummer in the front seat, and my X on the trial.

Thank you.

#6822 - 14/02/05 01:49 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

yes i know they are torsion bars, but im saying thats where in my opinion the X has an advantage. So much easier to lift, much cleaner belly etc.

#6823 - 14/02/05 02:54 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Claus Christensen:

I vote this thread for stupidest question of the month.
For once, I agree with Claus.

#6824 - 14/02/05 03:06 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, what's the difference between a porcupine and a Hummer H2 (or H3)????

A porcupine has pricks on the outside!! [LOL]

#6825 - 14/02/05 04:30 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
altima Offline

Loc: Michigan
Xterra all the way. GM==crap

#6826 - 14/02/05 04:55 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by teflon_jones:
And I still don't understand how people that claim to be off-roaders can knock the off-road ability of a Hummer, even if it's an H2 (or now the H3, which I'm sure will be great off-road). The stock H2 will eat an X (even modded) for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on pretty much any trail you throw at it. If you don't think so, you don't know crap about the design of the car. Regardless of whether "posers" drive most of them, they're still serious trucks.
I don't agree with you at all...I am not heavly MODDED but I have wheeled with H2's before.... (drivers can make a differnce, but...)I once wheeled with a group and the H-2's had several problems, a few didn't leave the trail under their own power....I was strapped a few times, but I've never had a failure to the point I couldn't make it home....(knocking on wood)and they had two in the same day....(WTF???)I'm not saying that the X is elite or that the H2 is not capible, but I am saying that they didn't eat me for "lunch or dinner".

IF they eat us for Dinner, I hope they puke [Finger]

#6827 - 14/02/05 04:59 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

what I find amazing is that, to the bulk of people on this board, a rutted out dirt road is considered offroading. In this situation only, an Xterra and a Hummer (H1, H2, or future H3) are still comperable.

But once you hit the real, true offroading, with ROCKS, MUD, HOLES, etc., unfortunately, the Xterra is NOT going to be able to keep up, in stock form.

There is no chance in hell, I don't care who's driving it, that a rig w/ 30" STREET tires from the factory, open diffs (front and rear), extremely poor gearing (2.02 t-case, abysmal tranny) is going to keep up with a vehicle that comes w/ 33" BFG A/T's, front and rear lockers, 4.x:1 t-case, and extremely high approach and departure angles. I don't care how long your schlong is, once you get on trail, penis size ain't gonna matter. The REAL equipment matters. And no, a stock Xterra can not keep up.

But is that a problem? No. Because you're comparing two vehicles that are in two different classes/leagues. That's like saying a porsche is faster than a camry. Well no shit.

Why would anybody compare two vehicles that are in different price ranges, different weight ranges, different target markets, different engine classes, different vehicle class, and yes, different suspension & offroad performance classes.

I personally think the H2 was a big pile of crap, compared to the H1. it's a big, bloated, nasty chevy taho, with different body panels. But the H3 is not out yet. But, one thing that you can bet your ass on: It will be more capable right off the lot, than an Xterra. But somebody, please explain it to me why THAT is anything worth talking about?

#6828 - 14/02/05 05:05 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

if not for any other reason, the H3 is ugly as hell. [ThumbsDown] I can easily see it as a mall crawler for the upper middle class.

The 2005 xterra is cheaper, looks a hell of a lot better, and has more power, and im sure will be more reliable.

#6829 - 14/02/05 05:15 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
I personally think the H2 was a big pile of crap...it's a big, bloated, nasty chevy tahoe, with different body panels.
Nope.

From Four Wheeler:

Quote:
Basically the H2 consists of the front frame section and independent front suspension off of the 2500-series truck and the rear frame section and five-link coil suspension from the 1500-series Suburban/Tahoe (w/ unique axle housing). Powering the H2 is the familiar 6.0L V-8 (not available on the Tahoe), which is backed up by another familiar piece, the 4L65-E four-speed automatic transmission.
Basically, it's not a Tahoe with a different body (though it does have a lot of standard GM components).

Your underlying point is accurate, however - and I do think the H3 versus '05 Xterra has more merit than a comparison between the Xterra and H2, as they will probably be cross-shopped at least some.

#6830 - 14/02/05 06:37 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by tahoe_x:
I can easily see it as a mall crawler for the upper middle class.
As oppose to the Xterra which is a mall crawler for the middle class?

#6831 - 15/02/05 05:34 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

It is true. This is like comparing apples and oranges. Were trying to compare a GM piece of crap that breaks down all the time, to a more reliable xterra. Plus, nobody buys the H2 to go off roading.. If you want to do that, you buy the one and only orginial Hummer, but they all break down and are always so unreliable.

#6832 - 15/02/05 11:56 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Too funny. Xterra owners have to wake up. Compare your Xterras to Hyundai's or Kia's or mabye Yugos.

Step away from the crack pipe.

Every year we invite stock vehicles to wheel with us at Moab. Only the Rubicons and a few modded jeeps had the balls.

We've seen your Jamborees. Too funny. 4" ledges and you guys are bustin out the champagne and high fives.

STEP AWAY FROM THE CRACK PIPE.

Don't even try to compare with the H3. You're not even close.

RELIABILITY???? I've surfed your forum for months now. "Problems and Annoyances" thread? Pretty embarrasing stuff.

Back to reality: Nissan Xterra vs. Kia Sorento.....Close call. [LOL]

#6833 - 16/02/05 01:03 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you guys have any members in Vancouver, Canada, e-mail me at hummerdennis@gmail.com

ANYTIME please feel free to school us if you have the balls.

We can even document with pics.

Mabye Jeeps or Toyotas we'd take seriously. But Nissans/Datsuns just for pure amusement. [LOL] [Finger] [LOL]

And since I'm pretty sure none will step up to the plate, I might as well say it now,"Ya, I thought so".

#6834 - 16/02/05 06:51 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Whats funny is you can buy two loaded X's with 100K b2b warrantys and still have $ left over to lift one 6 inches, put front and rear lockers, steel all round, 33's and more and spend less than yer H2.

And if you only bought one Xterra, I can't even come up with enough aftermarket equipment to make it cost close to what a Hummer does.

Which means we can pop Dom Perignon when we go over a 4" ledge because we don't have a $700 a month Hummer payment.

#6835 - 16/02/05 07:31 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Quote:
Originally posted by nikon:
X - only hummer worth while is the 1
I agree, the H2 and H3 are just two more shitboxes by GM.

#6836 - 16/02/05 07:56 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DennisAJC:
Too funny. Xterra owners have to wake up. Compare your Xterras to Hyundai's or Kia's or mabye Yugos.

Every year we invite stock vehicles to wheel with us at Moab. Only the Rubicons and a few modded jeeps had the balls.

We've seen your Jamborees. Too funny. [b]4" ledges and you guys are bustin out the champagne and high fives.

RELIABILITY???? I've surfed your forum for months now. "Problems and Annoyances" thread? Pretty embarrasing stuff.

Back to reality: Nissan Xterra vs. Kia Sorento.....Close call. [LOL] [/b]
Hey fuckface go take yout H2 and drive it over a 4" ledge and watch the fucking wheels snap off. Then shove it up your fucking ass. Your fucking oversized pig of a fucking station wagon that gets 10 fucking miles to the gallon is nothing but a piece of mother fucking monkey shit. Go rockcrawling somewhere, snap the fucking steering gear, and see if you can be rescued by a fucking tow truck. NO, bitch - you'll have to fucking abandon your fucking $50,000 piece of shit.

Our Xterras can do a fuckload of a lot more than you fucking piece of fucking shit H2 will ever be able to do. it's nothing but a fucking oversized pig of a fucking station wagon that gets 10 fucking miles to the fucking gallon.

Do us all a favor and FUCK OFF!

Have a nice fucking day.

EDIT: ps. Go get a real fucking hummer if you wan't to talk shit. That's an H1 to you, asshole.

#6837 - 16/02/05 08:01 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
NuDan Offline

wow

#6838 - 16/02/05 08:08 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Mosi Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
I think that's 21 on the fuck meter... would that be FUCKJACK? laugh

#6839 - 16/02/05 08:13 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
BigE515 Offline

Damn Nexterra guys, who let nhXterraGuy85 off his leash?!? Down boy! Down! [LOL]

#6840 - 16/02/05 08:17 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
Damn Nexterra guys, who let nhXterraGuy85 off his leash?!? Down boy! Down! [LOL]
[LOL] laugh [Finger]

#6841 - 16/02/05 08:44 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Proves my point. ALL TALK, ITCHY VAGINAS. [LOL]

You guys know shit if all you can come up with is a broken tie-rod, which is common in all wheelin.

Now go!!! Go wheelin with your Elements and Sorentos.

Or go bake me some pie.Whore. [Finger]

#6842 - 16/02/05 08:45 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
BigE515 Offline

Quote:

Or go bake me some pie whore. [Finger]
[LOL]

#6843 - 16/02/05 08:51 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Mosi Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Dennis, can we see your Moab pics?

#6844 - 16/02/05 08:53 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Proves my point. ALL TALK, ITCHY VAGINAS. [LOL]

You guys know shit if all you can come up with is a broken tie-rod, which is common in all wheelin.

Now go!!! Go wheelin with your Elements and Sorentos.

Or go bake me some pie.Whore. [Finger]
Blah blah blah...

Oh BTW: I said wheels snapping off, I've seen that too. That's NOT common [LOL]

Case in point, you basically paid $50,000 for a dressed-up Chevy 2500 pickup. I can spend 10 grand on a used X and with another 5k in mods be able to outdo you and safely at that. If I put another 35k into it? unfuckingtouchable.

No shit when they don't break they're more capable than a *STOCK* X. they damn well better be, for $50k. but when I can make an X just as capable, for a grand total of around $15k... [Finger] [Finger]

#6845 - 16/02/05 09:00 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
NuDan Offline

Yeah but H2 owners get to drive a rolling Hip-Hop video (Minus the Ho with the fat ass in a bikini)

#6846 - 16/02/05 09:01 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Denis, you are 100% correct.

Hummers are in a completely different class than Xterras and Kia Sorentos.

Both Xterras and Sorentos score much better customer satisfaction and reliability ratings according to Edmunds.com.

To compare a Kia or Nissan to a Hummer that only gets a 6.5 Editors rating would be very unfair.

Perhaps something like a Land Rover Discovery (5.8 rating) or a Buick Rendezvous (6.6 rating) would be in the same class as your Hummer.

Wait...

Your Hummer is rated below a Buick!!! [Laughing] [Laughing]

Congratulations on $60,000 well spent! [Finger]

#6847 - 16/02/05 09:09 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Claus Offline

Quote:

We've seen your Jamborees. Too funny. [b]4" ledges and you guys are bustin out the champagne and high fives.

Back to reality: Nissan Xterra vs. Kia Sorento.....Close call. [LOL] [/b]
Dennis, I shot you an email. I am up for it, for nothing else it would be fun to see what the H2 can do....IF you are wheeling it my hat goes off to you, most H2 around Vancouver area are soccermoms and drug dealers...well perhaps a pimp now and then.

#6848 - 16/02/05 10:48 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Mabye Jeeps or Toyotas we'd take seriously. But Nissans/Datsuns just for pure amusement. [LOL] [Finger] [LOL]
How is it that a Tacoma is any more capable than a Frontier?

Similar tires, suspension, both have a factory rear locker, etc.

In any event, there's no reason to come trolling over here - if you'll notice there were lots of cooler heads in this thread that freely admitted that a stock H2 (or H3) is more capable than even a stock or even fairly heavily modded Xterra.

Anyway, happy trails, I guess. :rolleyes:

#6849 - 16/02/05 11:18 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mosi:
Dennis, can we see your Moab pics?
Mosi, NO insult intended for genuine members.

Just wanted some of the girls here to feel what it's like to bash a legitamite thread gone to shit.

Here's our last outing in Moab. http://www.sourcesatellite.com/lostmoab.wmv
(Right click to save)

We always look for new friends to come. After all the internet trash talk, everyone has a laugh.

#6850 - 16/02/05 11:21 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Ah yes.. another prickwaving "come take us on" challenge. How inviting.

These cross-board type conflicts are getting so [Sleep] damn [Sleep] tiring [Sleep]

I don't have a problem with the H vehicles... as most people have said it is the abundance of posers that drive them that make me want to retch when I see 'em. 'Course I have the same feeling when I see that most Xterras are driven by women.

Someone mentioned how ugly the H3 is... actually I was thinking it looked quite a bit like the new Xterra with the squared off rear door and all. :rolleyes:

#6851 - 16/02/05 11:24 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Claus Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mosi:
[b]Dennis, can we see your Moab pics?
Mosi, NO insult intended for genuine members.

Just wanted some of the girls here to feel what it's like to bash a legitamite thread gone to shit.

Here's our last outing in Moab. http://www.sourcesatellite.com/lostmoab.wmv
(Right click to save)

We always look for new friends to come. After all the internet trash talk, everyone has a laugh.[/b]
Dennis, Still waiting for your reply, PNWX has a handful of members in Vancouver that is always itching to wheel. WOuld be fun to do something with you guys if you are up for it...

#6852 - 16/02/05 11:32 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Claus Offline

Dennis, Did you do Elephant hill?. wondering if you were too wide to go through Squeeze play nbear Hells kitchen...

#6853 - 16/02/05 11:41 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cool movie.....

Didn't see your $60K rig do anything my stock X with Revo's and $50 shacles couldn't do.

I guess I'm missing something.

#6854 - 16/02/05 11:44 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Claus Christensen:
Dennis, Did you do Elephant hill?. wondering if you were too wide to go through Squeeze play nbear Hells kitchen...
Never done Elephant Hill. Too scared to do Lion's Back last year. But will try this May.

Hell's Revenge
Tip Over Challenge
Baby Lion's Back
Potatao Salad - Unsuccessful
Golden Spike
Gemini

We also take regular trips to Cali, Rubicon.

John Bull was gruelling.

Have puker pics for all(Especially Hell's), Just don't know how to post here.

#6855 - 16/02/05 11:48 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Congratulations on $60,000 well spent!
you def cant compare a stock X Vs a hummer...they're in 2 TOTALLY different classes...but theres no doubt in my mind that a H2 and H3 is just a waste of 50 grand, like Xterraguy said, you can get a nice X for around 10-20 thousand and spend a few grand more on mods and be more capable than a stock H2, and we still wont have spent close to that 50G of what a hummer is, your paying for a name tag is basically what it comes down to

#6856 - 16/02/05 11:56 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
We always look for new friends to come. After all the internet trash talk, everyone has a laugh.
To be perfectly honest I was laughing my ass off the entire time I wrote my original post :p

#6857 - 16/02/05 12:00 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Cool movie.....

Didn't see your $60K rig do anything my stock X with Revo's and $50 shacles couldn't do.

I guess I'm missing something.
Nope you're not missing too much. Mabye approach angles, power, tipover risks.

Not all of us are fvcking rappers and soccermoms. Bling Bling embarasses ALL vehicles. And what's this shit about always comparing price???? I'm sure some of you can afford more expensive vehicles. Price is relative. 1 faulty tie-rod???
Any of you guys who REALLY wheel, know tie-rods are designed to break to prevent deeper problems. I've never busted a tie-rod yet, but I always keep spares. But I do agree, H2 tie-rods suck.

Like I said, any serious ones want to hang out and have fun(Away from the Internet tough talk) should come to Moab with us in May. Out there, Everyone helps Everyone. And get drunk. smile

#6858 - 16/02/05 12:17 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Xorand Offline

Loc: LA (Lower Alabama)
Disclaimer: I'm picking on GM in general here, not the H2 or H3 or their respective owners or potential owners, respectively.

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Powering the H2 is the familiar 6.0L V-8, which is backed up by another familiar piece, the 4L65-E four-speed automatic transmission.
I am all too familiar with the 4L65-E transmission. This is the same basic tranny that GM uses for all rear-wheel-drive cars and light to medium duty trucks.

It is also the same tranny that was in my wife's 2001 Chevy Astro minivan that we recently traded in on her new Xterra. The same tranny that blew a sun shell at 77k miles and required a $1250 rebuild (the dealer wanted nearly $2500).

I invite the curious reader to Google 4L65E and "Sun Shell". Have fun! You'll find an amazing number of GM Service Bulletins on this issue.

#6859 - 16/02/05 12:34 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Not all of us are fvcking rappers and soccermoms.
There's no language filter here asshole. laugh

Just kidding. wink

Anyway, are you ever going to respond to my earlier question?

#6860 - 16/02/05 12:44 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by nhXterraGuy85:
Hey fuckface go take yout H2 and drive it over a 4" ledge and watch the fucking wheels snap off. Then shove it up your fucking ass. Your fucking oversized pig of a fucking station wagon that gets 10 fucking miles to the gallon is nothing but a piece of mother fucking monkey shit. Go rockcrawling somewhere, snap the fucking steering gear, and see if you can be rescued by a fucking tow truck. NO, bitch - you'll have to fucking abandon your fucking $50,000 piece of shit.

Our Xterras can do a fuckload of a lot more than you fucking piece of fucking shit H2 will ever be able to do. it's nothing but a fucking oversized pig of a fucking station wagon that gets 10 fucking miles to the fucking gallon.

Have a nice fucking day.

EDIT: ps. Go get a real fucking hummer if you wan't to talk shit. That's an H1 to you, asshole.
jesus dude

eek

#6861 - 16/02/05 01:11 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
seamonkey Offline

Loc: Boerne, TX
I alway considered GM products pieces of $hit; thats until I bought an Xterra. Now I have a new definition of POS.

I was willing to give nissan one more chance buying an Armada, until the exterior door handle started to come apart on my test drive. [ThumbsDown]

My best friend has a Nissan Titan that has been to the shop 10+ times in less than an year. New radio, bed liner, window switches, HVAC probs., seats unraveling.

Nissan quality has taken a nose dive.

Offroad Pics

#6862 - 16/02/05 01:14 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Watched the video - looks like fun.....

One question....

Who are all of these people that can afford 50k+ Hummers (read: Toys)?

Must be nice to be able to go out and spend that kind of money and yet still be able to afford to beat the crap out of it.

Must be nice......

If I didn't know better, it looks like a bunch of rich yuppies trying to increase the size of their penises via Hummer.

However, I am sure we all know better than that...

#6863 - 16/02/05 02:45 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Nope you're not missing too much. Mabye approach angles, power, tipover risks.

Not all of us are fvcking rappers and soccermoms. Bling Bling embarasses ALL vehicles. And what's this shit about always comparing price???? I'm sure some of you can afford more expensive vehicles. Price is relative. 1 faulty tie-rod???
Any of you guys who REALLY wheel, know tie-rods are designed to break to prevent deeper problems. I've never busted a tie-rod yet, but I always keep spares. But I do agree, H2 tie-rods suck.
Silly H2 owners...

I'd put my $$ on any one of these Nissan rigs, vs. an H2, anyday of the week, and twice on Sundays:

And yes, they make annual trips to Moab. If you want to chat it up with a much larger group of real offroaders (No offense, XOC, but there's a lot of people that talk, here, but that's it...), go to http://www.nissan4wheelers.com.

#6864 - 16/02/05 03:19 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Hey fuckface go take yout H2 and drive it over a 4" ledge and watch the fucking wheels snap off. Then shove it up your fucking ass. Your fucking oversized pig of a fucking station wagon that gets 10 fucking miles to the gallon is nothing but a piece of mother fucking monkey shit. Go rockcrawling somewhere, snap the fucking steering gear, and see if you can be rescued by a fucking tow truck. NO, bitch - you'll have to fucking abandon your fucking $50,000 piece of shit.

Have a nice fucking day.

jesus dude

eek [/b]
haha looking back I went too far

I was bored and in a shitty mood
shocked

so ya

sorry dennis...even tho part of me was just poking fun there...i did take it too far

cool video btw

#6865 - 16/02/05 03:42 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I was bored and in a shitty mood
shocked

so ya

sorry dennis...even tho part of me was just poking fun there...i did take it too far

cool video btw[/QB]
Can't expect anything less from a loyal member. No offense taken buddy.

I should shut my yap too because this is an Xterra Forum. Not looking to convert anyone. laugh

I'm guilty of talking shit also with the comparisons to Kia's and stuff which aren't true. [Laughing]

I just got all huffy seeing the thread turn into a bashing.

Seriously, aside from all the Forum talk, it's funny, when wheelers meet out on the trails, it's a whole different attitude. No matter what you drive, everyone is together on the fun. Alot of teasing. [LOL]

#6866 - 16/02/05 03:44 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Umm, so I watched the video. Do H2's have ANY flex in their IFS, other than just barely enough to soak up a speedbump?? Man, it was almost painful to watch those big shoe boxes bounce around.

[Finger]

(All this gooshy cushy "I'm sorry I offended" crap is annoying...)

#6867 - 16/02/05 03:51 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ayrow:
Watched the video - looks like fun.....

One question....

Must be nice to be able to go out and spend that kind of money and yet still be able to afford to beat the crap out of it.

Must be nice......

If I didn't know better, it looks like a bunch of rich yuppies trying to increase the size of their penises via Hummer.

The money issue is all reletive don't you think?

Like the H2, some people are out there going,

"Why are they beating the crap out of such a nice Xterra?"

And what about this penile comment? You mean to tell me the men in Japan are well hung because they drive small cars? laugh

Just like your eye fell in love with the Xterra, I fell for my H2. Not because it was a rip off.

The difference is, you're in debt and I'm drowning in it. [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

#6868 - 16/02/05 03:54 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Ayrow:
[b]Watched the video - looks like fun.....

One question....

Must be nice......

The money issue is all reletive don't you think?

Like the H2, some people are out there going,

"Why are they beating the crap out of such a nice Xterra?"

And what about this penile comment? You mean to tell me the men in Japan are well hung because they drive small cars? laugh

Just like your eye fell in love with the Xterra, I fell for my H2. Not because it was a rip off.

The difference is, you're in debt and I'm drowning in it. [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [/b]
I have to agree w/ you on this one. What the hell does the size of a rig have to do w/ the size of your dick? If I want to increase my sack size, I've got plenty of offerings in my email for "Increase your penis size in just 3 days"...

To be honest, there's only 2 AMGeneral vehicles I'd own, an H1 or an H3 (when they come out). But personally, I'm hoping Jeep puts out the Gladiator, 'cause I'll be selling my Nissan at the earliest possible convenience for that puppy w/ a CRD engine.

#6869 - 16/02/05 04:04 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hope they make the Gladiator. Slim chance though.

For now, I can live with the IFS. [Finger] laugh

#6870 - 16/02/05 04:11 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I should shut my yap too because this is an Xterra Forum.

Yeah, soooo why are you a member here?? Shouldnt you be at a hummer forum?

I smell an attention whore... i guess you do fit into the Hummer H2 owner category afterall.

#6871 - 16/02/05 04:16 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Quote:
[b]I hope they make the Gladiator. Slim chance though.

For now, I can live with the IFS. [Finger] laugh [/b]
I guess in that case the size of the vehicle comes in handy since there looks to be ZERO flex.

#6872 - 16/02/05 04:17 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]I should shut my yap too because this is an Xterra Forum.

Yeah, soooo why are you a member here?? Shouldnt you be at a hummer forum?

I smell an attention whore... i guess you do fit into the Hummer H2 owner category afterall.[/b]
Not really, wifey and I have always liked Xterras. But main reason is looking for other wheelers to run with.

I've been in contact with Claus and his modded X. Hopefully we can get a meet going here in B.C.

P.S. Any of you guys ever wheeled Sand Lake in Oregon?

#6873 - 16/02/05 04:24 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
I guess in that case the size of the vehicle comes in handy since there looks to be ZERO flex.[/QB]
This is as flexy as it will get unfortunately. But it's very rare when I've had to rely on flex.

#6874 - 16/02/05 04:54 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Did the five year olds leave yet? :rolleyes:

We have a discussion going on PNWX about this discussion, and I'm just reposting my response there.

"My neighbors drove one and said it was really nice to drive and the suspension soaks up even the biggest bumps. no surprise considering it's target market though. My neighbors have a GMC 2500HD pickup, which is closely related, and there's no doubt that with the right tires it would kick the Xterras ass offroad, but only if it fits on the trail! Anyway, my point is that assuming nothing breaks (My neighbor has had tie rod, balljoint, and driveshaft issues on his HD) and it doesn't get stuck between two trees, it should do very well offroad.

Sometimes I don't really blame guys like him for having a fit. The poser Xterra guys on XOC think they are queens of the mountain or something. I mean, I love my Xterra and would never, ever own anything as pretentious as an H2, but I'm well aware that it's not the most capable offroad vehicle. My feeling is that if someone actually wheels a Hummer instead of just driving it over speed bumps at the mall, then they're OK.

Concerning the H3; I actually kinda like it, although I think it's too pricey. My biggest beef with the Hummers now is that GM has made the Hummer name synonymous (sp?) with "mall cruiser," which is sad considering it's roots as a durable military vehicle. And I'm freaking sick and tired of H2's with 12 TV screens!"

Anyway, if you wheel with Claus you'll have a good time no matter who gets stuck first! Wish I could be there too, but it's not likely.

Regarding Sand Lake; IMO, it's fun for a few hours, but sand isn't really my thing. I prefer long trails where the scenery and terrain keeps changing. GOing around and around over the same things over and over bores me pretty quick. However, there are some nice camping spots down there, so you can always have a good end of the day campfire party! laugh

#6875 - 16/02/05 05:35 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

YES FINALLY ANOTHER H2 OWNER ON THE X BOARD (DenisAJC). xboys,,,head over to the h2 forum (elcova.com/h2) and take a look at some of the "pussy bitch" H2s that people have built up and "hardly ever" take off road. Take a look at some of the videos that are available or still pics for that matter. check out TrailDuty's H2. then keep talking.

#6876 - 16/02/05 05:50 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Uhm John.

A)I don't think people really care that much.

B) This is an X board. People are going to be a we bit biased toward their nameplate regardless what it is.

C) This discussion wasn't about the H2 in the first place.

D) You're getting really bent out of shape over an internet conversation about cars.

E) 90% of all SUVs including H2s AND Xterras never see dirt. They are all mall crawlers in the eyes of self proclaimed "Hard Core Wheelers."

H2s are big and slow and heavy and expensive and the reality is that it's not practical to most people to have a $50K+ superwide and superheavy trail rig. It's also midly amusing to many that the H2 has become a status symbol in the vein of the Escalade and are being decked out with 24" wheels and video screens at a much higher rate than they are being equipped for real off road use.

With the exception of Rod Hall no one is getting a free H2 to go wild in and doing 10 inch drop down bracket lifts that cost $2,500 to get a whopping 12 inches of wheel travel to fit 37inch tires is not setting the off-road world on fire.

Hardcore = cage and other safety equipment. And thus far I've yet to see many X's or H2s with either.

Have fun and enjoy your H2. But please keep your interaction here friendly.

#6877 - 16/02/05 06:16 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
Uhm John.

A)I don't think people really care that much.

B) This is an X board. People are going to be a we bit biased toward their nameplate regardless what it is.

C) This discussion wasn't about the H2 in the first place.

D) You're getting really bent out of shape over an internet conversation about cars.

E) 90% of all SUVs including H2s AND Xterras never see dirt. They are all mall crawlers in the eyes of self proclaimed "Hard Core Wheelers."

H2s are big and slow and heavy and expensive and the reality is that it's not practical to most people to have a $50K+ superwide and superheavy trail rig. It's also midly amusing to many that the H2 has become a status symbol in the vein of the Escalade and are being decked out with 24" wheels and video screens at a much higher rate than they are being equipped for real off road use.

With the exception of Rod Hall no one is getting a free H2 to go wild in and doing 10 inch drop down bracket lifts that cost $2,500 to get a whopping 12 inches of wheel travel to fit 37inch tires is not setting the off-road world on fire.

Hardcore = cage and other safety equipment. And thus far I've yet to see many X's or H2s with either.

Have fun and enjoy your H2. But please keep your interaction here friendly.
*applause*

[ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

#6878 - 16/02/05 06:29 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
[b]I hope they make the Gladiator. Slim chance though.

For now, I can live with the IFS. [Finger] laugh [/b]
Umm, if that IFS had any flex whatsoever, the cab wouldn't even be CLOSE to losing paint on that wall...

The other picture shows that yeah, the rear has decent flex; not any better than any other solid axle, but at least as good, also.

But that front has virtually no flex whatsoever. Even a Nissan IFS flexes better than that...

#6879 - 16/02/05 06:53 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've been on this Forum since April. Mostly reading and laughing with you guys. Never to troll. You guys are in majority a very decent bunch. [ThumbsUp]

I'll return to my hole and enjoy the next few months reading along. [Wave]

Lookin foward to meeting up with you Claus.

#6880 - 16/02/05 08:46 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

HOLY SHIT!

I post a simple question, and start a war.
socalpunX i agree, it wasn't about the h2 at all, not a money thing, nor about big cocks.

i just though the H3 looked pretty mean.

speaking of mean.. i'd love a gladitor too, always liked the scrambler, cj8's but have you seen jeep's hurricane? never get built.. but if i had a million laying around i'd build my own. zero turning radius.. just sick

:p

Jeep® Hurricane Specifications:
Weight (estimated): 3,850 lbs. (1,746 kg)
Length: 151.8 inches (3,856 mm)
Wheelbase: 108.1 inches (2,746 mm)
Front Overhang: 25.0 inches (635 mm)
Rear Overhang: 18.7 inches (475mm)
Width: 80.0 inches (2,033 mm)
Height: 68.2 inches (1,732 mm)
Track, Frt/Rr: 67.5/67.5 inches (1,715/1,715 mm)
Engine: two 5.7-liter HEMI® engines
Transfer Case: Custom multi-mode with 1:1, 2:1 and 4:1 ratios
Transmission: 5-Speed automatic
Front and Rear Suspension: Long-travel, short/long arm independent
Ground Clearance: 14.3 inches (363 mm)
Break-Over Angle: 31.5 degrees
Approach/Depart Angle: 64.0/86.7 degrees
Tire Size: 305/70R20
Wheel Size: 20x10 inches

#6881 - 16/02/05 09:19 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
CCX Offline

Loc: California
Now that this thread is sort of back on track............ :rolleyes:

The H3 does look good and it is going to be competition for the X, but that's a good thing.

For awhile there I was worried the car companies were never going to even try to make off-road "capable" mid-size suv's anymore.

Now if I could just get past that made by GM problem............................... :p

#6882 - 16/02/05 09:25 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp] Im with socalpunX 100% on this one. [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

I think the H2 and H3 are more of a car for looking cool rather then anything else, and i dont know about you guys but 10,000 dollars is a freaking leap of a price-range, not a step

#6883 - 16/02/05 09:45 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Claus Offline

Quote:
I've been on this Forum since April. Mostly reading and laughing with you guys. Never to troll. You guys are in majority a very decent bunch. [ThumbsUp]

I'll return to my hole and enjoy the next few months reading along. [Wave]

Lookin foward to meeting up with you Claus.
Likewise....we are doing some work at y house on Sunday, If you are out for a drive let me know and I'll give you the address..there shoud be about 4-6 guys from the club. I am re doing the front swarbar, adjusting the torsions and such...cold beer in the garage fridge.

#6884 - 16/02/05 10:12 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
BigE515 Offline

GM is just trying to use what we have all seen on TV in Iraq, movies and what we have heard as far as the capabilities of the REAL Hummer go to sell their version. No offense to any Hummer owners, you like it-good for you, enjoy your rig! If they had merged with, I belive AM General was the maker of the original?, and helped them produce a economical civilian version rather than putting a block on a Chevy Silverado frame-I'd be impressed.

I guess I'd love the H2 if I looked like this!
laugh

Again, no offense to DennisAJC. Thanks for sharing your video!

#6885 - 17/02/05 12:03 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

None taken! laugh

I've always loved the H1. WAY too expensive. It'll never be an H1. That's why they call it an H2! [LOL]

7992 more payments, and it's all mine. [Too much XOC]

#6886 - 17/02/05 05:12 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
RJ Offline

Loc: 100 Mile House, BC
I'd take a Dodge Power Wagon over an H2. I always felt the Power Wagon is as close to a Unimog as any American vehicle is going to get.

1: it has solid axles (Dana 60 and 80?) front and back.

2: high load capacity (2500 series) with open bed in the back.

3: comes stock with winch, lockers, and sway bar disconnects - superior flex.

4: has the people and cargo capacity to do excursion type of voyage off road travelling

5: very powerful HEMI engine

6: relatively affordable

Not one other offroad vehicle can give you all these features in one package. A Rubicon might be more nimble, but doesn't have 1/4 the carrying capacity. A G-Wagen is nice, but it's 3 times the price. A Hummer doesn't have the carrying capacity either. Other pickups can't match the flex and traction the Power Wagon offers.

#6887 - 18/02/05 06:13 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RJ:
Not one other offroad vehicle can give you all these features in one package. A Rubicon might be more nimble, but doesn't have 1/4 the carrying capacity. A G-Wagen is nice, but it's 3 times the price. A Hummer doesn't have the carrying capacity either. Other pickups can't match the flex and traction the Power Wagon offers.
Yeah, and as long as you have nice, wide open trails to ride on, it'll work for 'ya...

I've got a Frontier CC LB, and I have a hard time on some of the trails in the East, due to the tight arse turns. No way in hell would a full-size ANYTHING be able to fit. That's why they're called "Jeep Trails"... I've dented the hell out of my bed on some of these tight turns. I also have to rely on the sliders A LOT! you know...put the slider against a tree or rock on the side, take it out of 4wd, turn on rear locker, turn the wheel, and then slam the gas to spin the rear around.

Out west there's plenty of places a full-size could offroad. Back east, those trails are few and far between. Anyplace a full-size can fit, we normally call an "Access Road"...

#6888 - 25/08/05 01:08 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
.....Mabye Jeeps or Toyotas we'd take seriously. But Nissans/Datsuns just for pure amusement. .....[/b]
This shows what an ignorant guy he is.

Hey Dennis:

There are PLENTY of Nissans out there that will school your rig. You cannot even fit up many trails in Colorado....

You have a locked grocery getter; that's all. WAY too big for a trail rig. What a waste of money.

Once I'm locked (~6 mos), I'll school your a$$ any day of the week (for $20K less than yours)

My email address is public.

[Finger]

EDIT:

Specifically, I'd like to see your rig get through this spot:

#6889 - 25/08/05 03:07 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wouldn't drive an H anything on pricipal alone. Aside from that, it wouldnt fit on a lot of the trails I go on. Also (not GM's fault, I blame MTV for this) Hummer has become a bling icon more than off road.
"MTV, who has done everything in their power to destroy music as we know it..." - Louis Black.
Might be a great vehicle, but I'll never know.
Ask someone why the HUM-V is good off-road, likely response is, "they must be good, the Army replaced the jeep with them." But the army is fighting a war not off-roading.

#6890 - 25/08/05 03:24 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MediStorm:
......But the army is fighting a war not off-roading.
That's not exactly true.

The 4-wheel IFS with huge ground clearance and 38" tires makes the H1 very capable of traveling at high speeds offroad. It's not a great rock crawler, but excels in what it was designed for. I can drive over an obstacle that I would need to stop the X for at 20 mph in an H1.

When I was in Korea, I regularly drove up a "road" with basketball++ sized rocks without even slowing down. The X would need to go S-L-O-W and have significant trouble.

#6891 - 25/08/05 03:44 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

One of our local members Grn-X turned to the Dark H3 side. Must admit, it looked like a nice rig from the look we had at our last local meeting. I'd consider one if it wasn't $8,000+ more expensive than the new X, plus a hell of alot more expensive for parts / service in the long run.

#6892 - 25/08/05 04:49 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
I actually saw this bumper sticker on a jeep cherokee today...."Real women don't ride a hummer....they GIVE them!!"

#6893 - 25/08/05 06:26 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

the only way i would by a hummer is if it came with a .50 cal on the roof! Since i really don't think that i am able to get my hands on one i will stick with a truck that really fits my needs

#6894 - 25/08/05 06:42 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
imacsae Offline

Loc: El Paso Tx.
An H3 will kick pretty much any xterras ass unless it is HEAVILY modified. By that I mean a solid axle.

An adventure series H3 is what I would buy. Cloth seats a 4 to 1 transfer case 33 inch tires and an eaton locker. A longer warranty and better fit and finish. Sticker price of 32,945 and i could probably squeek out a grand of discount.

If you took a stock X added a locker, larger tires, a lower T-case gear and a lift to match the ground clearance you are at or over the same price. But you still won't have the approach and departure angles or the traction control.

Believe it or not traction control works excellent off-road.

I can say these things because i drive the trucks every day on and off road and am very familiar with the capabilites of both the X and the H3.

#6895 - 25/08/05 07:09 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by imacsae:
An H3 will kick pretty much any xterras ass unless it is HEAVILY modified. By that I mean a solid axle.

An adventure series H3 is what I would buy. Cloth seats a 4 to 1 transfer case 33 inch tires and an eaton locker. A longer warranty and better fit and finish. Sticker price of 32,945 and i could probably squeek out a grand of discount.

If you took a stock X added a locker, larger tires, a lower T-case gear and a lift to match the ground clearance you are at or over the same price. But you still won't have the approach and departure angles or the traction control.

Believe it or not traction control works excellent off-road.

I can say these things because i drive the trucks every day on and off road and am very familiar with the capabilites of both the X and the H3.
An '05 X with (stock) locker and a 4.5" lift can hang with an H3 no problem. Add an lsd up front just for for good measure.

The H3 also has a longer wheelbase and significantly wider axles. It may not be an issue where you're at, but I assure you it's a big issue in CO.

But regardless, Dennis (the one talkin' sh!t) owns an H2. That thing can't fit down half of the trails down here.

The H3 is a nice rig. I just had to retort to the troll who comes around our forum and talks smack about Nissan.

#6896 - 25/08/05 07:37 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
MaloCS Offline

The '05 Xterras have a worse breakover angle causing them to high center on obstacles that pre '05s crawl over. I've wheeled with a bunch of '05s this summer and they are constantly needing a strap or using their lockers. In my opinion, if one adds a locker to their rig that should mean they just increased their capability and are ready to tackle more challenging obstacles. It shouldn't mean that they can now do the SAME obstacles that pre '05 Xterras do without a locker.

I would give anything for the larger engine but for offroad prowess I'll stick with my '02.

#6897 - 25/08/05 07:45 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

A base model H3 costs 29,900 with a manual trans. If it were up to me i would take an 05 X over the H3 because of the bigger motor on the X. If it were an old body style X I would take the H3 because of the power it has 220 opposed to 170in the X cool

#6898 - 26/08/05 06:44 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
GrnXnham Offline

Loc: Tacoma, WA
Quote:

Sigh...another moron who uses the "Problems and Annoyances" thread to determine if a vehicle is reliable. :rolleyes:

#6899 - 29/08/05 08:42 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I looked at the H3 seriously before I bought my 2005 Xterra OR. It is setup real well for offroad use.

What kept me from buying the H3 is that the windows are so small that your ability to see out is very limited in offroad situations. You would need a spotter most of the time to tackle obstacles I normally run through by myself.

#6900 - 01/09/05 06:53 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I finally saw an H3 in person today. Rode next to it for a little while, on city streets (nice and slow) so I could get a good look. I can say, now, that it does look pretty good, in person. It's only about the size of the 05 Xterra; looked like a decent rig.

Also, the inline-5 appeared to have enough power to get it up and moving. Nothing fast, but about the same as what the first gen X's can do. Not too bad, in all honesty.

#6901 - 01/09/05 08:19 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

It still a GM product... need I say more. [Smoking]

#6902 - 10/09/05 08:20 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
thefatmikePDX Offline

Loc: Portland
It's been a long time but...I used to own an 01 X, but regretfully totalled it in Dec of 03.

I work as a contractor for GM and had the chance to drive one for about 3 days, and I have some valuable input.

Being a hard-core lover of the X I compared the two at length and seriously considered the H3, until I drove it.

The H3 has the inline 5 with 220 hp and a GVWR of 5850 lbs!(Compared to the X's 265hp and 5400 lbs GVWR). I can agree that that the inline has an awesome torque curve, but the inline 5 is lacking some of the get up and go (Sorta like the 99 X). The power will get you there and will move the veh, it just lacks some umph...

The biggest thing that bugged me about the H3 was it's lack of vehicle awareness. It was bigger than it thought it was. You cannot judge the front and rear of the veh, it's narrow windows, though a design element, limit your visibilty a lot.

All and all the H3 is a good looking vehicle that is more than capable, they just need to work on a few things...

* Skip the Supercharged for 07, and put in the inline 6 from the trailblazer (275 hp 25+ mpg)

* Larger windows to allow more visibility around the veh

I recommend that everyone drive the H3 prior to passing judgement on it. Truthfully unless you have driven it, you are working off of specualtion and what the rags say, and how often have you enjoyed a movie that Ebert and Roeper hated?

#6903 - 14/09/05 10:10 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't think you will find many XTerra owners interested in an overly pimped suburban. The X is very functional, which is why I chose it over everything else back in late '99.

#6904 - 14/09/05 10:18 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I should add, to the above reply, that functional to me means carrying 4 adults plus food plus gear plus water on logging roads or jeep trails, with reliability and with range. Having an extra 1,000 lbs or so of body, furniture and accessories kind of cuts into that range part, and I don't need the extras anyway. Obviously if I was looking at pure rock-crawling I might think differently, but then again I'd probably think CJ or vintage Bronco.

#6905 - 14/09/05 11:18 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If I had the choice for a free '05 Xterra Off-Road or a H3, I would hands down take the Xterra.

larger engine, more horsepower, more room (hip and shoulder), more cargo space.

#6906 - 15/09/05 07:45 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If I won one...
Take the Hummer Hx.
Sell the Hummer Hx.
Buy a new X.
Have enough money left over for many thousands of miles worth of gas (depending on the H model & how loaded it was), and dinner out with the Lovely Mrs Wizard.

Or, y'now, pay the &%&$#^$#@&&(&%# income taxes on the prize, cuz you CAN'T forget the IRS...

I wouldnt mind driving a Humvee, but I'll pass on the civilianized version. And I just plain love the X!

#6907 - 15/09/05 08:30 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Obviously if I was looking at pure rock-crawling I might think differently, but then again I'd probably think CJ or vintage Bronco.
What about a '66 IH Scout 800 w/ 5.88 gears and lockers? laugh

#6908 - 15/09/05 09:34 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

How rusty is it? :p

#6909 - 16/09/05 04:55 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's NONE laugh AN AMERICAN CLASSIC

#6910 - 16/09/05 05:10 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are there any mechanical differences between the H3 and Colorado/Canyon?

#6911 - 16/09/05 08:47 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

For me it was down to the H3 and the X. I chose the X for the following reasons;

1. Cheaper
2. More Rear Passenger Room
3. Less Weight
4. Much More Power
5. I can sleep in the back of the X but not the H3

What I liked more about the H3:

1. Looks!!!

That's it. The H3 looks better (IMHO) but the X beats or equals it in every other way. I have not driven the H3 off-road, but from what I've read, I don't think it's any better than the X.

I am very glad I chose the X. Now if I can just get the Shrockworks bumper, to complement my Sliders. Then, I'll have the H3 beat in the ruggedness category as well.

#6912 - 17/09/05 06:01 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

for the price of an H3 , you could totaly deck out an X with twice the power and capablity . The H3 has an five cylinder that sucks ass as it labors up the smallest of inclines . It does have some torqe. But why pay out the ass for unrealibity . I have taken my X to places that could never be seen by an Hummer Owner

#6913 - 18/09/05 10:38 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
thefatmikePDX Offline

There are a lot of mechanical differences between the Colorado/Canyon and the H3. Foe the most part the similarities end at the engine and the G80 Locker (I think the Hummer has it).

The H3 does have the lowest crawl ratio standard off the lot of any veh out there. But why put a wicked crawl ration on a veh you can barely stick your head out of the side window?, It's not like you're crawling in the thing.

As far as I am concerned the X has no compition. The Liberty? The Escape?(HA!)... The closest thing to it's comipition is the Wrangler. But there you are sacrificing size and gas milage.

I love my X and am very glad to be back in one. Plain and simple it's advertising in 99 hit the mark "Everything you need, nothing you don't"

"San Diemas High Scool Football Rules"

#6914 - 19/09/05 04:49 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was just wondering, but I thought the H3 was based off the Colorado/Canyon platform. They do share the same frame don't they?

#6915 - 19/09/05 10:41 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

It seems to me they created the H3 for the "me too" crowd. I mean buying an H3 tells me you bought it for the name/so-called prestige. Everyone knows you can buy an overall better vehicle for about the same amount of money(X, 4Runner, Tahoe etc).

Two reasons the H3 got that crappy inline-5, for 1 if it had any more power it would creep too far up the food chain and take sales away from the H2 line. 2, and most importantly, people who are buying the H3 aint buying it for the inline-5, in fact they probably could'nt give a rat's ass whats under the hood. it's the name/so-called prestige I mentioned above.

As far as looks, I prefer the H3 over the new X, now I don't prefer it over the old X, you know the good one? :p

#6916 - 19/09/05 01:17 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
thefatmikePDX Offline

The H3 and the Colorado/Canyon are all built on the T platform... sorry about that..

#6917 - 19/09/05 07:49 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alright guys,

I did quite a bit of research on the H3 before deciding to go with the X instead. The H3 is a great off-road vehicle (powerful 4x4 w/ plenty of tourque, awesome crawl ratio, great clearance, etc). There are also a lot of downsides to it (small interior even though its heavier than the x, anemic on the freeway, too pricey compared to the competition, etc).

There is no need to put down the H3 in order to make the X look better. The X is already the better vehicle on its own merit. So lets respect the H3 for what it can do even though we wouldn't want to buy one because of what it can't do.

More info:
http://www.hummer3.net
http://www.autobuyguide.com/2006/12-aut/hummer/h3/reviews/
http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=19&article_id=8692&page_number=1
http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/hummer_h3...tart=1&show=otl

#6918 - 21/09/05 07:37 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Agreed, no need to bash the H3 to make the X look better.

I test drove the H3 several times before I bought my X. For me, the H3 was, hands down, the sweeter looking. There was just something about it that spoke to me. If I hadn't listened to my reasonable side, I would have bought one. Here's my first hand opinion.

Most of my driving would be on the street and on the street this car is gut-less. At a green light, I could floor it or ease on the gass, and you wouldn't be able to tell which I did because the H3 would act the same. It will go at it's own speed and doesn't care what you want it to do.

At speed, say 35 to 45, and you floor it... break out a good book and knock out a couple of chapters before you see much increase in speed.

Now, I understand the H3 is not a sports car and I'm not looking for it to be, BUT... if you live in a city there's hardly a day that goes by when you don't need to merge with fast moving traffic and other manuvers that require reasonable acceleration.
If you are behind a slow moving big rig on a two lane road, and you want to pass around it; you better make sure you have a lot of time before the car in the oncoming lane gets to you.

Visibility in the back is not just poor, it doesn't exist. This isn't just a matter of opinion, it's flat out dangerous. I spent some time on the Hummer owners forum (really nice people, by the way) and most if not all were installing rear mounted cameras.

If you think you're hurting at the gas pump, watch the pained expression when an H3 owner drives up. These guys end up dumping their girlfriends because they can't afford the girl and the H3, which to me, may be the best thing about the H3.
When you think about going camping down that rugged trail, get used to seeing X owners passing your camp site as they delve deep in to the forest.

The H3 is wide. I'm talking Oprah Winfreys ass kind of wide. Expect a high ding factor. Other people parking their cars will be tempted to throw open their doors. Part of my test drives included parking. I got better with each time, but I could see a high pucker factor on the salesmens face.

I know all of this sounds sharp and harsh, but I don't hate the H3. Really. I would have loved to have bought one, but I saw how flawed it was. It was depressing when I finally crossed it off my list of potential new SUV's to buy.

#6919 - 22/09/05 04:44 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

HugThis,

I completely agree with you. The H3 looked so cool that I was sad when I had to cross it off my list.

Finding the X was the perfect way to get over the H3 however. Now, I'm very happy that I waited and did more research.

#6920 - 23/09/05 04:34 AM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
They said it did well.
They broke an H3 at CampNL last month up here!!

and an H1 for that matter...

I don't have a pic of the H3, but here's the H1...

#6921 - 23/09/05 08:40 PM Re: Rather an H3 or xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I DID consider the H3. But it's underpowered, and the H2 was nothing more than a poser. Like their cool grill? They were sued by Jeep for stealing their legendary trademark.

I bought a new Jeep Wrangler Sahara last year. Took it to places most would fear to take a new stock vehicle. Extremely capable vehicle, but only got 15 MPG.

This week I traded in my Jeep for a new X. The Jeep was a great offroad vehicle, but the poor mileage and lack of power in overdrive, made it a mediocre daily driver. The new X has plenty of power, fairly decent fuel economy for the weight and performance (look what an H2 gets!!!), and is the best bang for the buck. The reliability of the H2 is dismal. I don't expect much better for the H3. Nissan has had high reliability for years (no, this isn't my first Nissan!).

Easy choice for me.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal