shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#682787 - 01/06/15 03:02 PM So long Xterra
pnwbeers Offline

I'm one of the old farts who used to post here a lot. My account got nuked several years back during the meltdown. I bough my Xterra back in 2003 I think. It's a 2001 SE 4wd with the 5 speed. It had quite a few mods over the years - tires, bils, intake, exhaust, shrockworks bumper and etc.

Last Saturday I finally fixed the things I always wanted on my Xterra. I added a turbo diesel, a big lift, two solid axles, coil springs and plenty towing capacity.

Bastards at the dealership only offered me $1000 for my old girl, so I'll be selling it myself in the next couple of weeks. So far my Xterra has been the best vehicle I ever owned. When I bought it I was married with no kids and going to grad school. I never expected to keep it so long, but with three kids (newest only a month old) and plenty of room at my place for heavy toys to be towed, I finally decided it was time to move on. I'll miss her though - hardly gave me any trouble over the 12 years I had her, and she spent plenty of time in the dirt.

Any other of the old guard still around? It seems pretty slow around here these days. Ian, Carlton, ChuckH, (that asshole) Brent, NY Madman, SoCal, etc.?

Hopefully the new truck treats me as good as the Xterra. Chrysler is owned by Fiat now, so what could possibly go wrong? grin

Edited to clarify - that asshole is referring to Brent, not ChuckH. If you don't understand why I'm calling him an asshole, do a search before you ask me for details.

Edited by pnwbeers (01/06/15 03:04 PM)

#682791 - 26/06/15 08:46 AM Re: So long Xterra [Re: pnwbeers]
The WHO Offline

Loc: NC
Congratulations pnwbeers! That's one purchase you'll never regret for sure! The Xterra is and will always be an awesome SUV but you can not top the RAM 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel 4X4!!! I too own the same truck. If you go to general forum you can see mine under (UPDATE MINI-X) One hell of a towing Monster. I just added my RAM under bed towing prep package this week and the goose-neck has never fit so good. Enjoy, hell enjoy passing all the rest, Chevy, Ford, Toyota and all up hill at that with 18K behind you!! Nice RIDE!
NOTHING CAN STOP THE IMAGINATION AND I CAN MAKE REALITY WHAT MOST ONLY DREAM OF! (HORTON'S CUSTOM'S) Where the Imagination Runs Wild and the Wildest Ideas are Made REALITY!! THEY NEVER DIE, THEY GET MODIFIED!

#682798 - 17/07/15 06:59 AM Re: So long Xterra [Re: The WHO]
pnwbeers Offline

Man this site flat died. There used to be a really active bunch of guys on here.

Yes the Ram is awesome. It's not even broken in yet but it's already getting substantially better mileage than the Xterra ever did. Not bad considering it's literally twice as big. I took the big girl on a camping trip a couple of weeks ago and it did surprisingly well offroad and the suspension flexed better than I expected. The sheer size of the thing is going to limit it somewhat compared to the Xterra, though. I haven't been this excited about a new vehicle since I got my Xterra all those years ago (no offense to my wife's Pilot, but it's...a Pilot).

The Xterra sold about two hours after I listed in on Craigslist for $4500. It was in need of a timing belt and had an issue with the ABS so I think I did okay on it (both disclosed). Her last night with me:

#682940 - 12/11/15 01:52 AM Re: So long Xterra [Re: pnwbeers]
RJ Offline

Loc: 100 Mile House, BC
Congrats - always a soft spot in my heart for the Cummins.

I still remember you from back in the day, though you probably don't know me as I wasn't nearly as active. Also been here long enough to know why Brent / OffroadX got that rep...

Funny, I remember when the Power Wagon first came out the consensus here was "too big, too impractical". Funny how our opinions change as we get old, and priorities change in life! I too, got a Ram, a 2014 1500 with the Hemi / 8 spd.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal