shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#683056 - 06/11/17 01:57 PM Time To Replace Exhaust
all2surreal Offline

Loc: Connecticut, USA
Hi. So I'm finally noticing some initial signs of knowing that I'll need to replace my entire exhaust system soon. Underneath the passenger side is some noticeable fluttering sounds of an exhaust leak. Has anyone replaced anything regarding exhaust on their X? Mine is a 2006 with 137000 miles. Considering the X was manufactured in 2005, everything is already basically 13 years old. Any advisement would be great. Whether I should just replace everything from the engine block back or to just replace the catalytic converters or replace them and the muffler and tail pipe. Also, what would you recommend for replacement parts too. Should I just go with all OEM parts or could i buy a performance cat-back and have that put on as well. Thanks.

#683062 - 22/01/18 09:49 AM Re: Time To Replace Exhaust [Re: all2surreal]
coolerman Offline

Loc: Paint Lick, KY USA
Yes I know this is an old thread. I only get on here about once or twice a year... but this may help someone looking for a complete solution.

My 2000 Xterra, bought new (build date of May 1999), currently has 208,523 miles on it and still has the factory exhaust from the engine to the point the muffler bolts on! I have went through two mufflers and one O2 sensor in all that time. I am about to do the third muffler. I am going to buy just the muffler, tail pipe and clamps from these guys: https://www.carid.com/replacement-exhaust-kits.html

They do carry COMPLETE kits including the cats. Hope you have a cutting torch as getting exhaust bolts off is not going to happen!
2013 Altima SV
1971 Toyota Land Cruiser

#683148 - 21/05/20 04:22 PM Re: Time To Replace Exhaust [Re: coolerman]
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Originally Posted By: coolerman
Yes I know this is an old thread. I only get on here about once or twice a year... but this may help someone looking for a complete solution.

Thanks - it's indeed helped! Now to get those bolts off - yeah!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal