Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#69115 - 02/08/04 06:52 AM Yakima Wheel Fork
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone else have trouble with theirs? Mine never stays standing up, every time I get to the trail, I get out and find the tire resting on the roof. I can't tighten it anymore. Probably something just have to deal with?

#69116 - 02/08/04 09:42 AM Re: Yakima Wheel Fork
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
Yeah I have the same problem. I decided to use mine only when absolutely necessary. Another problem, Twice I've discovered that I didn't tighten the skewer enough and lost the end nut, had to scratch riding that day. For the most part my wheels never get muddy enough to worry about throwing them in the back, just dusty.

#69117 - 02/08/04 10:03 AM Re: Yakima Wheel Fork
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ShowtimeX:
Anyone else have trouble with theirs? Mine never stays standing up, every time I get to the trail, I get out and find the tire resting on the roof. I can't tighten it anymore. Probably something just have to deal with?
Thanks for the reply. Guess it's going in the back for the most part. I get nervous that I'm going to see it chasing behind me down the road.

#69118 - 06/08/04 05:46 AM Re: Yakima Wheel Fork
2 the X Offline

Loc: Manassas, VA.
The best trick to keep a wheel fork from dropping the wheel onto the roof is to apply some 3M grip tape similar to what you find on stair cases around the cross bar and then mount the wheel fork brackets around the tape. . .it'll give a "rough" surface not allowing the brackets to slip. Hope that helps.

#69119 - 06/08/04 12:56 PM Re: Yakima Wheel Fork
Mapman Offline

Loc: Crystal Lake, IL
Mine have always done that, I never really worried about it though. I just make sure to tighten eveything good and tight! Hell I made it from Denver to Chicago and back again with 4 bikes and 4 tires up top and didn't lose anything!

http://midwestxterraowners.com/

#69120 - 06/08/04 01:13 PM Re: Yakima Wheel Fork
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the suggestions...going to give the tape a try.

#69121 - 06/08/04 02:03 PM Re: Yakima Wheel Fork
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
No wheel forks for me, I put the wheel in the basket or in cargo area. On Need-a-hammers's truck we put the wheels in the wheel forks and tip them over where the tires rest in the gear basket.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal