2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#69564 - 01/02/05 09:29 PM Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page)
Anonymous
Unregistered

im gonna get the rear set in march wheni have soem extra money,but so far i am very pleased witht he new covers

#69565 - 02/02/05 07:46 AM Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just got my new covers a week ago. They are really nice and I like the look they give the vehicle. They actually brighten up my interior a little bit.

#69566 - 02/02/05 07:56 AM Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page)
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by Digityzed:
Quote:
Originally posted by PANZER:
[b]After the date she got to see the rear-seat covers as well.
Sorry, but I chuckled when I read that. [LOL] [/b]
Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more. [Smoking]

#69567 - 02/02/05 08:08 AM Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I was picking up a date last saturday night for the first time
This is your FIRST date and she saw the BACK seat!! laugh laugh

#69568 - 02/02/05 02:53 PM Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffo65:
Quote:
I was picking up a date last saturday night for the first time
This is your FIRST date and she saw the BACK seat!! laugh laugh
where about in st. louis do you live, im about
15 minutes from st. louis, where interstate 255 ends in IL

#69569 - 02/02/05 07:19 PM Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page)
Anonymous
Unregistered

In regards to the 'REAR-SEAT' cover action.
Yes it was the first date
Yes cleaning is a swift
Yes she's crazy about the Xterra
And yes 'she' is a joy to drive

I showed her this forum and to my surprise she loved the fact that I discussed our first date with total strangers. Diiirty....just like my Xterra....I LOVE IT.

#69570 - 02/02/05 07:41 PM Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page)
Anonymous
Unregistered

^^ um yea um

ok anyway, are the seat covers pretty form fitting or are they lose and have bubble pockets so to speak in them?

#69571 - 02/02/05 08:11 PM Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page)
Xterra Kid 2003 Offline

Loc: Bozeman MT, originally Detroit...
^^ They are form fitting and they dont have any "air pockets" to speak of. The front seats the cover is kinda tight across the back so it gives the seat a "flat" look per say, its visible in all the pics if you look at them. I love mine they have come in very handy and when it comes time to sell the X or keep it forever the seats will always look brand new. Alot of people complain that the fabric on the seats fray from getting in and out frequently, I so far havent had a problem at all with the seat covers wearing or aging.

#69572 - 02/02/05 10:10 PM Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by jparf:
^^ um yea um

ok anyway, are the seat covers pretty form fitting or are they lose and have bubble pockets so to speak in them?
Did you see the pics everyone posted? Both front and back seat covers are skin tight. It's because of the neoprene "wet suit" meterial they use which gives them a much better fit and feel than conventional seat covers.

The trade off for this tight fit is that they are a pain in the ass to put on, especially the rear seat covers.

#69573 - 03/02/05 06:39 AM Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yea, I like the skin tight feel. They feel great for those times that you get caught out naked and you have to ride around in you xterra bare ass....you all know what i mean? They feel great for doing that. There definitely worth getting just for that reason.....

hahhaah

#69574 - 03/02/05 06:43 AM Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by bonedog:
Quote:
Originally posted by jparf:
[b]^^ um yea um

Did you see the pics everyone posted? Both front and back seat covers are skin tight. It's because of the neoprene "wet suit" meterial they use which gives them a much better fit and feel than conventional seat covers.

The trade off for this tight fit is that they are a pain in the ass to put on, especially the rear seat covers.[/b]
pictures can be deceiving....

thank you all for your responses.

#69575 - 03/02/05 07:12 AM Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I assume they are easy to put on like other seat covers, or do you have to wrestle with them to get them on?

#69576 - 03/02/05 07:34 AM Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page)
Coop Offline

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
The 2003 and 2004 seats have a lumbar adjustment on the right side of the driver's seat. There's a hole in the cover for it to fit through. If you get a set of 03'-04 seat covers for your '01, you'll have a hole there. Otherwise they'd work fine I think.

You can find a good deal on them every now and again in the buy and sell forum. I picked up both the front and rear from a member here for $100. They had a spot or two on them, but just pop 'em in the washer and they're as good as new.

And yes, excellent investment. I tossed a soda bottle on the passenger seat last week that wasn't completely closed, and looked over and saw a pool on the seat. Nothing leaked through, and it cleaned up fine. They look pretty good too.

#69577 - 03/02/05 12:09 PM Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Granite04xe:
I assume they are easy to put on like other seat covers, or do you have to wrestle with them to get them on?
your gonna have to wrestle to get them on, but its not to bad, both sides took me
10 minutes to get put on.

#69578 - 03/02/05 12:55 PM Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page)
Xterra Kid 2003 Offline

Loc: Bozeman MT, originally Detroit...
It takes me maybe 5-7 minutes to get front and rears on. I have taken them on and off a few times though so its kinda routine. The first time trying to figure out how everything works and reading all the directions it took maybe 25.

#69579 - 04/02/05 05:21 AM Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page)
Anonymous
Unregistered

thats what I thought, I plan on getting some here in a few months to get ready for kayaking this spring.

#69580 - 05/02/05 03:29 PM Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I want to modify a set for the 2002 X that do not have the holes for side adjustments and the lumbar lever. My understanding is that the holes are elasticized so you can stretch them over the knobs.

Here's the question:

I know I need to punch some holes in these myself to allow the knobs to go through, but can the knobs be taken off and then put back on once the "stems" go through the modified holes? If so, how do you take them off? Do they unscrew, pop off?

Since the modified covers will not have the elasticized holes, I'm thinking this would do the least damage to the covers.

Thanks in advance,

Lee

#69581 - 05/02/05 05:17 PM Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mudx4x4:
now i have a question, i'm thinkin about ordering a set for the fronts and back from the nissan web site, but whats the difference between the ones with lumbar, and the ones without?
The ones for the lumber have a hole in the right side of the drivers seat for the small lever that controls the lumber. I think that's the only difference.

#69582 - 06/02/05 12:53 PM Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Gbizzle:
Quote:
Originally posted by mudx4x4:
[b]now i have a question, i'm thinkin about ordering a set for the fronts and back from the nissan web site, but whats the difference between the ones with lumbar, and the ones without?
The ones for the lumber have a hole in the right side of the drivers seat for the small lever that controls the lumber. I think that's the only difference.[/b]
i think there is a little extra space between the cover and the seat for when the lumbar is used?

#69583 - 06/02/05 01:36 PM Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page)
Anonymous
Unregistered

thats the only difference

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal