Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 190 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#69762 - 14/06/02 11:29 AM Re: New Calmini steering system...
Spencer Low Racing Offline

Loc: Parker
Ian:

"...sintered bronze bushings..."

You're a lifesaver. :rolleyes:

Olegkha:

"SLR: Bottom hole in calmini brace is correct size, there is no play there

I seen Mike's Truck, and the bolt that goes throught the brace and the arm had NO play in it

so the only thing that F...ed up were bushings

If you did as much testing as you SAD you did, You would have the same problem, but your desert runs should not be counted as Full Range of tests !
So as far as i am consern You DID NOT test your system."

What?? [Freak]

DesertRAT:

Happy Wheeling! laugh

#69763 - 14/06/02 11:56 AM Re: New Calmini steering system...
Olegkha Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Hey Spens
Let me expain to you AGAIN

You are saying that its probably Calmini brace that couse the problem on Mikes set up

The bottom hole in Calmini brace is correct size, and ones you put that bolt through brace hole, and tighten it into the arm, it DOES NOT MOVE, as you can see in the movie clip that you have posted from Mikes website

There was no play in that bolt on mikes truck
ALL the play was in bushings of the idle arm

If you would test your steering Like you sad you tested it , you would see the same problem , and you would have fixed it before sending it out , but i gues running on sand did not put enough strain on those bushing to destroy them

so please stop saying that you tested SLR steering system!

I am looking into geting a steering system for my truck , but i would not be trusting my life to some prick who LIY to every one , just to sell his product

AC or Calmini are geting my $ for the lift
and some one else is getng my $ for steering system

#69764 - 14/06/02 12:04 PM Re: New Calmini steering system...
SedonaX Offline

You no good speak english. You no sense neither?

#69765 - 14/06/02 12:07 PM Re: New Calmini steering system...
Olegkha Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by SedonaX:
You no good speak english. You no sense neither?
And your point is ... ?

#69766 - 14/06/02 12:39 PM Re: New Calmini steering system...
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Oleg, what do you care anyway? We all know you can be highly opinionated, but step aside and let those with some direct knowledge and/or association with the parts in question hash it out. Your speculation isn't helping.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#69767 - 14/06/02 01:32 PM Re: New Calmini steering system...
SEXterra Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, VA
Oleg no like Spence...

Oleg smash.

Oleg say SLR steering bad!

Carlton say Calmini steering good without testing.

Chris buy SLR steering system for self and make own determination.

Chris post results for other cave dwellers.

Unga Bunga...

#69768 - 14/06/02 01:35 PM Re: New Calmini steering system...
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by SEXterra:
Oleg no like Spence...

Oleg smash.

Unga Bunga...
That was pretty good. laugh

#69769 - 14/06/02 01:51 PM Re: New Calmini steering system...
steinism Offline

Loc: spooner street
Quote:
Originally posted by SEXterra:
Oleg no like Spence...

Oleg smash.

Unga Bunga...
that is pretty funny. give him a break, he's just an opinionated russian.

#69770 - 16/06/02 11:40 AM Re: New Calmini steering system...
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
Quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Low Racing:
Well, I would love to keep out of general threads and concentrate on building parts, but this misleading information must stop. Thanks to some people on XOC, the things being said in this thread were brought to my attention.

[b]Calmini McMillan:
[/b]
My first name is CARLTON not CALMINI and if you are going to be that childish as to make a "spoof" of my name like you "made a spoof" and copyright infringment of CALMINI's mission statement then I must say that is not very professional of you.

In no way were my comments directed toward SLR. They were completely toward this Desert Rat person. The first hand information that he has on the AC and SLR systems is great and welcomed by all here. But speculation about something he knows nothing about is nothing more than propaganda.

Quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Low Racing:

I'm not trying to start a contest of words between SLR & Calmini or SLR & Calmini McMillan. I would just like the community to be informed with the proper information. I think that Calmini has really stepped it up in the Nissan industry, which is great. I love competition. I can't wait until we get a chance to test the capabilities of the Calmini components SLR style.

Great... Then why did you even post in this thread? Does this have anything to do with the info on where yours and AC's UCA's are made?

#69771 - 16/06/02 11:58 AM Re: New Calmini steering system...
SedonaX Offline

So, would you agree that your comments on the Calmini system are also speculation at this point, Carlton? When you get the system bolted on, the information would then be first hand. Maybe all speculation should be haulted and only first hand information posted. That would keep everyone from being given mis-information.

#69772 - 16/06/02 12:26 PM Re: New Calmini steering system...
Carlton McMillan Offline

Quote:
So, would you agree that your comments on the Calmini system are also speculation at this point, Carlton? When you get the system bolted on, the information would then be first hand. Maybe all speculation should be haulted and only first hand information posted. That would keep everyone from being given mis-information.
I would have to go back and read everything that I posted but I would say that what I did post was factual. Check below..

Calmini is a more simple design. No core parts to deal with, fewer braces...

The Calmini system is less expensive..

By virtue of longer end links there will be less bump steer than the factory or SLR system..

Will it feel differant than a stock system. Sure. Will it be a bad thing. Who knows till we get them on the street/trail..

Calmini is NOT using a MOOG idler arm (says so in the information given)..

About the EOE tie rod adjustors.. Calmini uses longer ones so the EOE's will not fit (get a ruler)..

I spoke with Calmini and they are going to release a new idler arm brace..

About the need for the steering stablizer. (I suppose that is speculation and we will have to wait to see how that turns out)..

The deal with the idler arm brace. Ask someone in the industry what its purpose is. I bet you they will tell you what I said earlier (I asked before I typed)..

All the other bantor in this thread is not really concerning the topic at hand....

Did I miss anything?

#69773 - 16/06/02 12:37 PM Re: New Calmini steering system...
SedonaX Offline

I think you covered it.

As for the idler arm brace, you could have specified who to ask. I take Spencer's comment as not agreeing. I suppose you got your information from Calmini. Different systems, different responses.

I hope that the Calmini system works for those of you who choose to purchase it. I know first hand how annoying it is to keep throwing money out the door on centerlinks, etc. For us, the SLR system is working great and so far no complaints. I think the thing to concentrate on is the fact that there are solutions now.

#69774 - 16/06/02 12:48 PM Re: New Calmini steering system...
Carlton McMillan Offline

Quote:
As for the idler arm brace, you could have specified who to ask. I take Spencer's comment as not agreeing. I suppose you got your information from Calmini. Different systems, different responses.

Actually I spoke to several people in the industry before I typed my response to Desert Rat.(Not just the folks at CALMINI)

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal